Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Brianp123
Rookie Member

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Brianp123 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:10 pm

Aspiring0fficer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 pm
I completed my written PBQ/LFI February 3rd and haven't heard back. Has anyone received an email or letter regarding their status that completed stage 1 after February?
I completed my PBQ January 15th and have my interview tomorrow. They got back to me last week so don't stress the process takes time.

My first interview for a constable position, anybody have any tips? Anything is appreciated!

jt17
Rookie Member

Postby jt17 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:51 pm

Aspiring0fficer wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:58 pm
I completed my written PBQ/LFI February 3rd and haven't heard back. Has anyone received an email or letter regarding their status that completed stage 1 after February?
I was there on Feb 3rd as well. Just got a call today to schedule my interview.
TPS Application: January 24th, 2019
PBQ/Written LFI: February 3rd, 2019
ECI/LFI: March 8th, 2019
MMPI: March 8th, 2019
Psych: March 29th, 2019
Offer: April 4th, 2019

Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Punisher-One » Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:42 pm

I applied in late October. Going to sign my official job offer next week. So the process was approximately 3 months for me. Counting of course that it was over both Christmas and New Years.

See everyone successful in April! Best of luck all. :thumbsup:

kaoalrim
Rookie Member

Postby kaoalrim » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:56 am

Hi :)

In the final stages of the process here but my PREP expired two days ago...I am re-testing it on March 17th, does anyone know if this will cause delays to my application? Was hoping to make it in time for the April class

Brianp123
Rookie Member

Postby Brianp123 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Does anybody know if they tell you that you were successful right after the interviw or do you still have to wait a couple weeks to be informed?

prokes

Postby prokes » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:49 pm

Brianp123 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:29 pm
Does anybody know if they tell you that you were successful right after the interviw or do you still have to wait a couple weeks to be informed?
I was told after the interview. I had to leave the room for a minute but when they brought me back in I was told that I passed.

Brianp123
Rookie Member

Postby Brianp123 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:55 pm

prokes wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:49 pm
Brianp123 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:29 pm
I was told after the interview. I had to leave the room for a minute but when they brought me back in I was told that I passed.
Thanks for the response. Did they book you for the psych immediately?

prokes

Postby prokes » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:02 pm

Brianp123 wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:55 pm

Thanks for the response. Did they book you for the psych immediately?
Not for me they didn't. I was called the following day.

kaoalrim
Rookie Member

Postby kaoalrim » Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:19 pm

Punisher-One wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:42 pm
I applied in late October. Going to sign my official job offer next week. So the process was approximately 3 months for me. Counting of course that it was over both Christmas and New Years.

Hey Punisher if you don't mind me asking, how long after the call did you receive an email with all the info?

Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Punisher-One » Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:50 am

kaoalrim wrote:
Mon Feb 25, 2019 1:19 pm
Punisher-One wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Hey Punisher if you don't mind me asking, how long after the call did you receive an email with all the info?
Two weeks.

LeafFan89
Rookie Member

Postby LeafFan89 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:19 pm

Anyone else hear anything/get further in their process?

hawkeye10
Rookie Member

Postby hawkeye10 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:27 pm

Hey everybody!
Last edited by hawkeye10 on Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slovak4188
Veteran Member

Postby Slovak4188 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:24 pm

hawkeye10 wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:27 pm
Hey everybody!

I applied with toronto police in late October and got through the entire process, wrapping it up in the middle of december. A few weeks ago i received a rejection email, which is okay as it was my first time applying to any service. The problem is that it did not mention when i can re-apply. I called the recruiting office and was forwarded to someone who checked my file, and told me that "the recommendation is that i do not reapply with Toronto police". I am a little bit lost as i have no idea why that would be the case, but it must be something terrible in my background for me to be told not to reapply? I have no criminal record nor criminal associates, not even a speeding ticket, no drug history etc. I was completely honest and transparent throughout the entire process. I have a university degree, speak a second language and have good work experience though i am under 25 years old. Would it be wise to continue trying to become a police officer or should i let go and look to other things? should i try to get in contact with a recruiter who can possibly clarify things for me? as in whether i should give up or keep trying?
Well, that is weird and kind of a big deal. They will NOT tell you what it was that made them decide to recommend that you not apply with them anymore.

It's really up to you. There are other services; however, you will need to disclose all the other places you applied to, so the other services will inevitably call Toronto and see what happened.

I'm not telling you not to apply, however, I've NEVER heard of ANYONE getting a recommendation to never apply to a service again after a first attempt. There's obviously more to this story than you are sharing and recruiting found out.
"Hard truths cut both ways"

kaoalrim
Rookie Member

Postby kaoalrim » Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:14 am

Another quick one for you guys, not sure if anyone can answer:

I am entering the April class and what wondering at what point do they tell you what division you are assigned to upon graduation? I'm from montreal so need to plan on moving and getting a new place, and knowing my division would be a plus location wise.

Thanks!

Punisher-One
Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Postby Punisher-One » Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:44 pm

kaoalrim wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:14 am
Another quick one for you guys, not sure if anyone can answer:

I am entering the April class and what wondering at what point do they tell you what division you are assigned to upon graduation? I'm from montreal so need to plan on moving and getting a new place, and knowing my division would be a plus location wise.

Thanks!
Have you gone to sign your offer yet?
They explained to us at that time that divisional assignments will come the last week of training after OPC based upon organizational needs. They said they will give you 3 choices and do their best to take your living situation in to account but organizational needs come first.