Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Syrim73
Rookie Member

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby Syrim73 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:48 pm

K-Man89 wrote:I've been lurking on this forum for the past couple years readin up all the information I can, and I have to say it has been most helpful!

I finally got the call from TPS this afternoon with an offer! It has been over 2 years since I applied and I have to say the wait was totally worth it! I was starting to get a little discouraged from reading the posts over the past couple days stating the Dec class was already full but nevertheless, I made it! :D

For those of you still waiting for a call for the December class I wouldn't quite loose hope yet. Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting my TPS classmates next month.

Cheers

Wonderful news. Congrats!!!

LuC
Rookie Member

Postby LuC » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 pm

Syrim73 wrote:
K-Man89 wrote:I've been lurking on this forum for the past couple years readin up all the information I can, and I have to say it has been most helpful!

I finally got the call from TPS this afternoon with an offer! It has been over 2 years since I applied and I have to say the wait was totally worth it! I was starting to get a little discouraged from reading the posts over the past couple days stating the Dec class was already full but nevertheless, I made it! :D

For those of you still waiting for a call for the December class I wouldn't quite loose hope yet. Best of luck to everyone and I look forward to meeting my TPS classmates next month.

Cheers

Wonderful news. Congrats!!!

GREAT !! Congrats....
give us some dates.... your psych , your BG....
I am still hoping....!!!!

K-Man89
Rookie Member

Postby K-Man89 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:55 pm

My Psych interview was Oct 27th and my background was last week

GoWings
Rookie Member

Postby GoWings » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 pm

K-Man89 wrote:My Psych interview was Oct 27th and my background was last week

So you completed the MMPI-2 and had an interview with a psych? Not sure how TPS works. Did they just tell you your psych was a pass or fail or do they go into detail?

GW
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

LuC
Rookie Member

Postby LuC » Sun Nov 18, 2012 9:03 am

GoWings wrote:

So you completed the MMPI-2 and had an interview with a psych? Not sure how TPS works. Did they just tell you your psych was a pass or fail or do they go into detail?

GW

With TPS everyone goes to see the psychologist doc. Then, they do not tell you the results and never go into details...
usually it is the next step (background) that tells you your psych was ok.

cheers

LuC

GoWings
Rookie Member

Postby GoWings » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:52 pm

LuC wrote:
GoWings wrote:

GW

With TPS everyone goes to see the psychologist doc. Then, they do not tell you the results and never go into details...
usually it is the next step (background) that tells you your psych was ok.

cheers

LuC

Ahh okay. For the service I'm in the process with, our background came before our psych. We also are supposed to meet with the psychologist as well, regardless of the results. If we're successful in the psych then the next and final step (aside from medical) is the Chief panel interview.

GW
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

PL5511
Rookie Member

Postby PL5511 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:33 am

hey GW who you with if you dont mind me asking .

PL

LuC
Rookie Member

Postby LuC » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:42 am

So quiet in here....I hope not for another year...
Any more offers ... anybody?

AUXMJ
Rookie Member

Postby AUXMJ » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:30 am

LuC wrote:So quiet in here....I hope not for another year...

A friend who's with TPS Auxiliary just had her interview for PC. Apparently the interviewer confirmed that Dec is filled and they're prepping for future classes. Hopefully the classes will be for April, but I guess nobody will know for sure until the budget's hammered out in Dec.

LuC
Rookie Member

Postby LuC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:24 am

AUXMJ wrote:

A friend who's with TPS Auxiliary just had her interview for PC. Apparently the interviewer confirmed that Dec is filled and they're prepping for future classes. Hopefully the classes will be for April, but I guess nobody will know for sure until the budget's hammered out in Dec.

So, we will know for sure after Dec Board's meeting ?

Niagarahopeful44
Rookie Member

Postby Niagarahopeful44 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:17 am

LuC wrote:
AUXMJ wrote:

So, we will know for sure after Dec Board's meeting ?

The next board meeting is in December...meaning we should have a better knowledge if the budget will be approved and if more recruits are allowed. As of right now, there has been approval for another freeze in 2013 (read in the Toronto Star, approved at last meeting). Therefore, I believe they will have to come back with a close to 0% if not 0% increase, if they can do this and hire new recruits at the same time (meaning, they will cut costs somewhere else), I think we will see another class in 2013.

If it is not approved, then back to the drawing board for Chief and his team...fingers crossed, its great they are pushing a class through though, that is a good start!!

Good luck to everyone

LuC
Rookie Member

Postby LuC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:57 pm

K-Man89. Looks like you were the 80th...
Or somebody dropped off for whatever reason ...

K-Man89
Rookie Member

Postby K-Man89 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Actually I was more like number 82 haha. They ended up taking 85 for the December class and there were a few people that got calls this past Monday

LuC
Rookie Member

Postby LuC » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:51 pm

K-Man89 wrote:Actually I was more like number 82 haha. They ended up taking 85 for the December class and there were a few people that got calls this past Monday

Not me :(

Kurto
Rookie Member

Postby Kurto » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:37 am

K-Man89 wrote:Actually I was more like number 82 haha. They ended up taking 85 for the December class and there were a few people that got calls this past Monday

Have you signed yet?
" Expectations are premeditated disappointments "