Toronto Police Service

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
darwin
Rookie Member

Re: Toronto Police Service

Postby darwin » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:17 am

I got 80 too

duke11
Rookie Member

Postby duke11 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm

I was part of the last group which wrote the MMPI before the freeze and still have not received any contact since. Is there anyone else in the same situation? Or did everyone receive a rejection letter or moved forward in the process?

MP5
Rookie Member

Postby MP5 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:57 pm

Hi Duke, no worries, I am in the same boat as you are. I did my MMPI way back in November (2011) and I believe that's when the whole freeze began. Up till now, I still haven't heard anything from TPS. Not even a rejection letter !! So I have no idea. My COR results has definitely expired which I will renew shortly.

ANRI
Rookie Member

Postby ANRI » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:58 pm

Sept 10,12:Submitted online application
Oct 09,12 : received call to attend mentoring session
Oct 18, 12: Interview mentoring session

Kurto
Rookie Member

Postby Kurto » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:14 pm

duke11 wrote:I was part of the last group which wrote the MMPI before the freeze and still have not received any contact since. Is there anyone else in the same situation? Or did everyone receive a rejection letter or moved forward in the process?

There were some that made it passed the mmpi, psych interview and even backgrounds before the freeze, some of us even signed an employment offer before being deffered by the freeze. It's a long process and an even longer waiting game.. Hang in there and I'm sure the call will come :thumbsup:
" Expectations are premeditated disappointments "

TPS11
Grand Poobah

Postby TPS11 » Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:16 pm

I was helping a great guy through the process. He passed his interviews psych etc. He called two weeks ago to find out what was happening and they told him to re apply. Morons... no correspondence at all.

darwin
Rookie Member

Postby darwin » Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:15 pm

Really???

Thats nice, so now we all just re-apply?

gotchya
Rookie Member

Postby gotchya » Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:51 am

TPS11 wrote:I was helping a great guy through the process. He passed his interviews psych etc. He called two weeks ago to find out what was happening and they told him to re apply. Morons... no correspondence at all.

Perhaps he didn't pass his psych...or maybe your great guy isn't so great...
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."-Burke, Edmund
ImageImage

Kurto
Rookie Member

Postby Kurto » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:46 am

TPS11 wrote:I was helping a great guy through the process. He passed his interviews psych etc. He called two weeks ago to find out what was happening and they told him to re apply. Morons... no correspondence at all.

That seems strange. Did they give him a reason? Or even a letter?

moose81
Rookie Member

Postby moose81 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Hello everyone, I've been a long time reader of this forum but first time "poster." So bear with me....

A little about myself....I'm 31, and currently happily employed with a Real Estate firm. Like many of you though, i would like nothing more than a career in Policing. Specifically, TPS. As such, I handed in my application approximately 3 years ago with TPS. I made it through all the testing successfully, until the background stage whereas I received a letter in the mail stating my file is on hold, but active, until TPS begins it's hiring process again.

About a week or so ago, I received a very nice and welcoming phone call from my recruitment officer. Without getting into too many details, he was interested in knowing my status, namely, do you still want to be a Police Officer, (yes), and informed me that the next class is looking like Spring time. (No mention of class size). After some more cordial small talk he informed that i should update my PREP right away and we'll now be in touch with you, so stand by.

I must say that the entire tone of the conversation left me in a positive mood, especially hearing that TPS will begin hiring again sometime soon to which I will be considered for....

That's about all for now.....hope this helps my fellow candidates.

I will keep you all posted as to my progress.

Best of luck!

GoWings
Rookie Member

Postby GoWings » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:53 pm

moose81 wrote:Hello everyone, I've been a long time reader of this forum but first time "poster." So bear with me....

A little about myself....I'm 31, and currently happily employed with a Real Estate firm. Like many of you though, i would like nothing more than a career in Policing. Specifically, TPS. As such, I handed in my application approximately 3 years ago with TPS. I made it through all the testing successfully, until the background stage whereas I received a letter in the mail stating my file is on hold, but active, until TPS begins it's hiring process again.

About a week or so ago, I received a very nice and welcoming phone call from my recruitment officer. Without getting into too many details, he was interested in knowing my status, namely, do you still want to be a Police Officer, (yes), and informed me that the next class is looking like Spring time. (No mention of class size). After some more cordial small talk he informed that i should update my PREP right away and we'll now be in touch with you, so stand by.

I must say that the entire tone of the conversation left me in a positive mood, especially hearing that TPS will begin hiring again sometime soon to which I will be considered for....

Best of luck!

That sounds very promising! Good luck!

GW
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

Kurto
Rookie Member

Postby Kurto » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:07 am

moose81 wrote:Hello everyone, I've been a long time reader of this forum but first time "poster." So bear with me....

Best of luck!

Good Luck Moose!

Kurto
Rookie Member

Postby Kurto » Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:37 pm

New article about hiring in 2013.. Enjoy

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/10/11 ... trictions/

Shawshank