Ask a Sheriff

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

kasiero

Re: Ask a Sheriff

Postby kasiero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:10 pm

I am trying to reply to my pm I will as soon as I get this figured out having issues

noletd
Rookie Member

Postby noletd » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:10 pm

I just received an email today saying i am still being considered. Time to wait another 2-4 weeks 88)

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm

noletd wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:10 pm
I just received an email today saying i am still being considered. Time to wait another 2-4 weeks 88)
Same brother,

I got an email and a phone call confirming all my details; phone number, address, email... ect. She said they she'll be scheduling my Psych exam in the next week or so. So, that's calmed my nerves a bit. Hopefully the in writing (email) confirmation comes for all of us soon.

If KR or the panel reads these, you're doing one heck of a job. Keep up the good work, and take a holiday after this selection process.

noletd
Rookie Member

Postby noletd » Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:20 pm

BluelineAlberta wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm
noletd wrote:
Same brother,

I got an email and a phone call confirming all my details; phone number, address, email... ect. She said they she'll be scheduling my Psych exam in the next week or so. So, that's calmed my nerves a bit. Hopefully the in writing (email) confirmation comes for all of us soon.

If KR or the panel reads these, you're doing one heck of a job. Keep up the good work, and take a holiday after this selection process.

That's awesome, good luck. At Least you know you're getting a psych test, unfortunately i didn't get a call but fingers crossed i do soon.

Northmenapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby Northmenapplicant » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:14 am

Anyone know the odds of getting into the urban competition postings, compared to regional?

I figured it would be the Calgary/Edmonton postings would be the most difficult/ requested postings.

eckoten18
Rookie Member

Postby eckoten18 » Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello everyone,

Is anyone in the urban competition? I received an email saying that background has been ongoing and I am still being considered and there is a 4 weeks waiting time. I do not know the odds of getting into city posting.

noletd
Rookie Member

Postby noletd » Tue Jan 29, 2019 4:40 pm

eckoten18 wrote:
Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:47 pm
Hello everyone,

Is anyone in the urban competition? I received an email saying that background has been ongoing and I am still being considered and there is a 4 weeks waiting time. I do not know the odds of getting into city posting.
I got the same email. I don't know the odds, but from reading the older post all you can do is wait.

Best of luck to you

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Tue Jan 29, 2019 5:44 pm

BluelineAlberta wrote:
Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm
noletd wrote:
Same brother,

I got an email and a phone call confirming all my details; phone number, address, email... ect. She said they she'll be scheduling Psych exams in the next the weeks or so. So, that's calmed my nerves a bit. Hopefully the in writing (email) confirmation comes for all of us soon.

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 am

I don't know why that reposted, but anyways...

When i was on the phone with recruiting 2 weeks ago, i asked that very question about the chances of extending my application to the Calgary/Edmonton post as well. It's not possible as they're totally two separate competitions.

Also, i didn't receive that email. But i believe it's due to my back ground checks being completed already. From what i gathered through digging around for information is that we must wait for an email from the consulting psychologist as they'll be the ones emailing us now for our bookings.

noletd
Rookie Member

Postby noletd » Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:16 pm

BluelineAlberta wrote:
Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:52 am
I don't know why that reposted, but anyways...

When i was on the phone with recruiting 2 weeks ago, i asked that very question about the chances of extending my application to the Calgary/Edmonton post as well. It's not possible as they're totally two separate competitions.

Also, i didn't receive that email. But i believe it's due to my back ground checks being completed already. From what i gathered through digging around for information is that we must wait for an email from the consulting psychologist as they'll be the ones emailing us now for our bookings.
oh, so your application isn't for urban eh. My application is for Edmonton, though they did ask me to pick 2 other locations during my interview.

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:20 am

Hey Team,

Just a heads up that I received a text from the consulting Psychologist in my city regarding my exam date. My exam is booked, so it appears that we're starting to move and progress further in the application process, (Rural/Regional).

This should go without saying, but good luck to everyone on their up coming exams when booked.

noletd
Rookie Member

Postby noletd » Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:50 am

BluelineAlberta wrote:
Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:20 am
Hey Team,

Just a heads up that I received a text from the consulting Psychologist in my city regarding my exam date. My exam is booked, so it appears that we're starting to move and progress further in the application process, (Rural/Regional).

This should go without saying, but good luck to everyone on their up coming exams when booked.
That's awesome Good luck

Northmenapplicant
Rookie Member

Job Offers

Postby Northmenapplicant » Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:18 am

EDIT: got an email today, 02/25/2019, that background checks are still going on for Urban Competition.

Does anyone know if they will hand out job offers for both competitions at the same time, or whichever one is finished first? I applied to both.

Northmenapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby Northmenapplicant » Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:49 pm

I'm starting to think job offers will come at the end of march, just a guess.

Anyone know if job offers for regional and urban go out at the same time? I applied to both, and am curious.

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Wed Feb 27, 2019 7:26 pm

*Regional Competition ONLY.

Called today for an update on Psychological exam results. I was given word that if i haven't been contacted by now about the results, it's a good thing. Recruiting stated that they're starting to put together offer letters and we should be hearing back via phone call in the next week or two.

So my confidence is high, and if you haven't heard back yet, it's most likely good news.

Does anyone in this thread know if the Sheriffs training facility has a weight room/gym to work out in without cost?