Ask a Sheriff

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Northmenapplicant
Rookie Member

Re: Ask a Sheriff

Postby Northmenapplicant » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:24 pm

I got a call for an interview in Calgary this coming friday! Excited!

Anybody have any interview advice for me?

Also does anyone have any clue as to how many Sheriffs are being hired this round?

thanks!

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:12 am

ubique wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:53 pm
noletd wrote:
ubique wrote:I’m just concerned with the timeline.... it’s saying the interviews start on Monday the 22nd. So I’m guessing at this point it’s way too late to be calling anyone else in for that time period.

I’m normally very patient but I’m very keen to be a part of the Sheriff family so it’s eating away at me not knowing! Lol.

I will keep fingers crossed and hope for the best.... I guess the army reserves will keep me busy in the meantime! :thumbsup:

Sorry my last post was kinda rushed. it may have been just that one time but i was called about 2 or so weeks after the posted Mid april interviews. My interview was late may so don't doubt yourself and if you don't this time there is always next.
Thanks for the reply and info :-) I appreciate it.

So I was able to get in contact with the sheriffs and they said that they have filled all the interviews for next week... :cry:

Ah well. They did say however there may be another week of interviews in December. But the “may” in that sentence makes more uncertainty haha! All good! Better luck next time.

Good luck to those who got selected for interviews! Hope it works out for you all :thumbsup:
Did you hear back about the December interviews? I did my interview in the projected week they had stated originally. I passed it, woof.

I received an email from Sgt. K R stating that my application was still being considered, but they were in the process of conducting more interviews in December. So hopefully you still earned your way to an interview!

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 pm

Hey team,

Has anyone is the current regional competition heard back for when their Psycho examination is?

Also, where do recruits have to travel for their test? Is everything in Edmonton?

Northmenapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby Northmenapplicant » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm

BluelineAlberta wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 pm
Hey team,

Has anyone is the current regional competition heard back for when their Psycho examination is?

Also, where do recruits have to travel for their test? Is everything in Edmonton?
Nothing yet from me. Just got the email saying I am still considered an applicant at this point and I will be contacted in the next four weeks. Sounds like interviews are finished up and they are going to cut the fat before moving onto the Psychological exams.

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:08 pm

Northmenapplicant wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:04 pm
BluelineAlberta wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 7:35 pm
Hey team,

Nothing yet from me. Just got the email saying I am still considered an applicant at this point and I will be contacted in the next four weeks. Sounds like interviews are finished up and they are going to cut the fat before moving onto the Psychological exams.
Yeah brother, me and my buddy both got those same emails.

Patience seems to be the key here, so best of luck to everyone who's waiting to here back for their Psych test.

Sierra Tango22
Sage Member

Postby Sierra Tango22 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:15 am

Backgrounds are being conducted. Patients
Enjoy your Holidays, Everything in the Government will be shutting down on Friday.

You will hear more in the New Year, to those who received the email stating you are still in consideration.

Good Luck
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

eckoten18
Rookie Member

Postby eckoten18 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi everyone, just wondering if someone hear anything on their Psych test for the Urban Sheriff competition(Calgary or Edmonton)?

Northmenapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby Northmenapplicant » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:30 pm

eckoten18 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:19 pm
Hi everyone, just wondering if someone hear anything on their Psych test for the Urban Sheriff competition(Calgary or Edmonton)?
Nothing yet. They did say for us to be patient. Probably working down the list, and still getting to us.

Cheers.

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:47 pm

eckoten18 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:19 pm
I have a buddy in that competition and he hasn't heard back yet. I only applied for the regional so other than that i have no clue. I'm sure everyone will be hearing back within the next couple of days as it's the 4th week since they emails.

Patients, good luck, post again when you receive your email ;P

eckoten18
Rookie Member

Postby eckoten18 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:00 pm

Thanks for the responses I appreciate it. I just received an email last month saying that I am still being considered and will hear from them regarding the status of my application. Will update you guys..

eckoten18
Rookie Member

Postby eckoten18 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:25 pm

eckoten18 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:00 pm
Thanks for the responses I appreciate it. I received an email last month saying that I am still being considered and will hear from them regarding the status of my application. Will update you guys..

Cheers!!

kasiero

Postby kasiero » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:14 am

Hi all those in the current process I can provide you with help on general info on the timeline and how things did not work out for me but I can help were I can on the process made it all the way to the end. :thumbsup:

Northmenapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby Northmenapplicant » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Any other potential recruit hear anything back, phone or email?

Getting anxiety just waiting here.

BluelineAlberta
Rookie Member

Postby BluelineAlberta » Thu Jan 10, 2019 6:13 pm

Northmenapplicant wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:06 pm
Any other potential recruit hear anything back, phone or email?

Getting anxiety just waiting here.
Haha, i assure you, you aren't the only one feeling it. But just remember that they're doing the best job they can at the moment as this was a really competitive competition. Believe me, i'm been checking my email 2 dozen times a day for the past couple weeks :alright:

It just means that when we do finally get the email, it will feel that much better! :D

kasiero

Postby kasiero » Sat Jan 12, 2019 12:08 pm

:pistols: