Ask a Sheriff

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
YYChumane
Rookie Member

Re: Ask a Sheriff

Postby YYChumane » Mon May 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Hey everyone. I have an interview scheduled in a couple weeks in Calgary. I have been brushing up on the STAR interview, as well as studying anything I can find that may help me in the interview (use of force model, levels of the court, etc.) Any current members out there able to point me in the right direction or provide me with some areas to focus on? Much appreciated!

tenacity
Rookie Member

Postby tenacity » Fri May 26, 2017 9:08 pm

Know the agency you are applying for, read their website.

SAPPLICANT
Rookie Member

Postby SAPPLICANT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:13 pm

Those of you in the latest process, has anyone received a call back from their interview yet?

FusionXMan
Rookie Member

Postby FusionXMan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:39 pm

SAPPLICANT wrote:Those of you in the latest process, has anyone received a call back from their interview yet?

Not yet i interviewed in Calgary the first week has anyone had there references called?

SAPPLICANT
Rookie Member

Postby SAPPLICANT » Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:43 pm

I was told by someone who has friends in the Sheriffs that they are just starting to call back the internal applicants so I would imagine the external applicants will hear next....eventually.

FusionXMan
Rookie Member

Postby FusionXMan » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:30 pm

SAPPLICANT wrote:I was told by someone who has friends in the Sheriffs that they are just starting to call back the internal applicants so I would imagine the external applicants will hear next....eventually.

awesome thanks for the heads up!

SAPPLICANT
Rookie Member

Postby SAPPLICANT » Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:25 am

Still no word yet. People started getting rejection e-mails last week but I haven't received one. Anyone else in the same boat?

FusionXMan
Rookie Member

Postby FusionXMan » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:03 pm

SAPPLICANT wrote:Still no word yet. People started getting rejection e-mails last week but I haven't received one. Anyone else in the same boat?

No rejection email for me i still haven't heard anything back as of yet and no reference contact either.

SAPPLICANT
Rookie Member

Postby SAPPLICANT » Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:32 pm

No rejection email for me i still haven't heard anything back as of yet and no reference contact either.[/quote]

Same here, No reference contacts yet either

SAPPLICANT
Rookie Member

Postby SAPPLICANT » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Just received an e-mail stating that interviews are over and my application is still under consideration and that they will get back to me sometime in mid July regarding the status of my application. Sounds like good news, just a waiting game now to see if I move on or not.

FusionXMan
Rookie Member

Postby FusionXMan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:04 pm

SAPPLICANT wrote:Just received an e-mail stating that interviews are over and my application is still under consideration and that they will get back to me sometime in mid July regarding the status of my application. Sounds like good news, just a waiting game now to see if I move on or not.

Same here just checked hopefully this is good news

YYChumane
Rookie Member

Postby YYChumane » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:00 pm

FusionXMan wrote:
SAPPLICANT wrote:Just received an e-mail stating that interviews are over and my application is still under consideration and that they will get back to me sometime in mid July regarding the status of my application. Sounds like good news, just a waiting game now to see if I move on or not.

Me as well. I'm guessing they will be using this time to check references? Fingers crossed!

SAPPLICANT
Rookie Member

Postby SAPPLICANT » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:56 pm

YYChumane wrote:
FusionXMan wrote:

Me as well. I'm guessing they will be using this time to check references? Fingers crossed!

Out of curiosity, are you two currently peace officers as well?

FusionXMan
Rookie Member

Postby FusionXMan » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:42 pm

Just got another update email stating that i am still being considered and that i will hear back by the end of July did anyone else get this?

SAPPLICANT
Rookie Member

Postby SAPPLICANT » Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:20 pm

Me too, got the same E-Mail