Ask a Sheriff

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Re: Ask a Sheriff

Postby fortmacapplicant » Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:31 pm

CokeZer0 wrote:One of my references could not be reached for sometime, but once they reached him, I would say about two week later I got a call from HR telling me they want to schedule the Psych...I am still waiting for the people to email me so I can pick a day to do my psych test, I'm hoping this week I get an email or call to schedule it.

I'm wondering if that's what is taking so long with me....I believe one of my references have retired since my submission.

CokeZer0
Rookie Member

Postby CokeZer0 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:44 pm

fortmacapplicant wrote:
CokeZer0 wrote:One of my references could not be reached for sometime, but once they reached him, I would say about two week later I got a call from HR telling me they want to schedule the Psych...I am still waiting for the people to email me so I can pick a day to do my psych test, I'm hoping this week I get an email or call to schedule it.

I'm wondering if that's what is taking so long with me....I believe one of my references have retired since my submission.

I would say try to email or call someone from HR and tell them you want your reference to call them, that's what I did

kjackson101
Rookie Member

Postby kjackson101 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:17 am

Has anybody heard any news yet it? It has almost been 1 month and a bit since i had a my interview. :roll:

Sierra Tango22

Postby Sierra Tango22 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 1:34 pm

kjackson101 wrote:Has anybody heard any news yet it? It has almost been 1 month and a bit since i had a my interview. :roll:

HR was busy with filling the last class. Now that they have started, I'm sure they will be active again looking at the next class.
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:38 pm

kjackson101 wrote:Has anybody heard any news yet it? It has almost been 1 month and a bit since i had a my interview. :roll:

Same here and I know my references have been contacted.....still waiting on a call for the psych .....this waiting game is hard on the nerves lol

CokeZer0
Rookie Member

Postby CokeZer0 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:34 am

I received the call last week, to come if for my psych test and interview this week...

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:47 am

CokeZer0 wrote:I received the call last week, to come if for my psych test and interview this week...

Seems like the process is all over the place.....I thought it was interview.....background check....then psych....I did my interview about a month ago.

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:52 pm

fortmacapplicant wrote:
CokeZer0 wrote:I received the call last week, to come if for my psych test and interview this week...

Seems like the process is all over the place.....I thought it was interview.....background check....then psych....I did my interview about a month ago.

email hr. or call
:wave:

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:14 pm

Code44 wrote:
fortmacapplicant wrote:

email hr. or call

I emailed HR and they said if there's any issues they will contact me.

subbie
Rookie Member

Postby subbie » Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:40 pm

I am excited to start the process. first post here. Applied last month and my phone interview is next week. Got my PARE and F class completed. Good luck to those near the end. I hope you gain employment.
SPECIAL CONSTABLE
OPP Auxiliary Member

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:14 pm

Contacted today by HR to confirm my contact info to be forwarded to the psychologist :thumbsup:

CokeZer0
Rookie Member

Postby CokeZer0 » Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:56 pm

Congrats

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:51 pm

Psych evaluation Monday afternoon 88)

ThePants
Rookie Member

Postby ThePants » Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:25 pm

From everything I've read here, it doesn't seem like waiting more than a month to a month and a half is a common experience from application to interview, or is that just average? I applied closer to seven weeks ago and haven't heard anything.

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:12 am

fortmacapplicant wrote:Psych evaluation Monday afternoon 88)

yay
:wave: