Ask a Sheriff

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
HiPowered
Veteran Member

Re: Ask a Sheriff

Postby HiPowered » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:54 pm

Sierra Tango22 wrote:I look forward to interrupting you're presentation again!

I have a beard and I'm not afraid to use it

mattc90
Rookie Member

Postby mattc90 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:55 pm

Hey everyone, new to the forum

I received an email about being selected for an interview a few days ago and was hoping to go into it as prepared as possible. I was wondering if I could PM anyone with some of the more specific questions that I have?

Thanks a lot

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:39 pm

Congrats to everyone starting training tomorrow good luck! :boxer: :thumbsup:

CokeZer0
Rookie Member

Postby CokeZer0 » Wed Aug 06, 2014 8:39 pm

So, I got the call today to do the psych exam, excited and nervous...hopefully I get accepted!

Glasgow
Rookie Member

Postby Glasgow » Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:03 pm

Good luck to all going for training soon I am almost done looking forward to getting to my venue good luck and welcome to the team

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:39 pm

CokeZer0 wrote:So, I got the call today to do the psych exam, excited and nervous...hopefully I get accepted!

Congrats :)

tbell33
Rookie Member

Postby tbell33 » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:33 pm

Good luck to all recruits starting training on Monday morning!!
"The Wolf Is Here Ladies & Gentlemen"

cplhick1968
Rookie Member

Postby cplhick1968 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:30 pm

Trust me after living there for 2 years dont go. a 2 bed room apt is between $2000 to $3000 a month. the only big box store is walmart, canada tire and staples. There is nothing to do, and if you don't have money its hard to enjoy the town.
It is true that it is the capital of Newfoundland.
having said that if that's the offer you get I would take it.
Good luck, if you have any questions about The Mac feel free to PM me.

Is there subsidized housing for government workers in Fort McMurray and apart from the northern living allowance do you also go to the top of the pay scale?

CokeZer0
Rookie Member

Postby CokeZer0 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:39 pm

Being called in to do the psych test, I assume it is a good sign? But is it a sign that I got the job, with the catch that I pass the psych? Or is there still some final review process that they have to consider?

Alberta Blue
Sage Member

Postby Alberta Blue » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:14 pm

cplhick1968 wrote:
Trust me after living there for 2 years dont go. a 2 bed room apt is between $2000 to $3000 a month. the only big box store is walmart, canada tire and staples. There is nothing to do, and if you don't have money its hard to enjoy the town.
It is true that it is the capital of Newfoundland.
having said that if that's the offer you get I would take it.
Good luck, if you have any questions about The Mac feel free to PM me.

Is there subsidized housing for government workers in Fort McMurray and apart from the northern living allowance do you also go to the top of the pay scale?

No, there is not subsidized housing and you do not automatically move to the top of the pay scale. The northern allowance is supposed to compensate for cost of living.

Sierra Tango22

Postby Sierra Tango22 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:33 pm

CokeZer0 wrote:Being called in to do the psych test, I assume it is a good sign? But is it a sign that I got the job, with the catch that I pass the psych? Or is there still some final review process that they have to consider?

After the psych test, is the call from HR.

Providing you pass.

Good Luck
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

ThePants
Rookie Member

Postby ThePants » Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:57 pm

I've applied now to Alberta Sheriffs. Took a little look around the Calgary law courts on my holidays a couple weeks back and checked out the city in general. It looks like the competition just closed, so hopefully I get good news soon, or later. Just so long as it's good :) Had a good talk with a training officer there about the myriad differences between Manitoba and Alberta, and was really impressed with the people I met. PARE and everything else I need for the interview is done, so let the waiting begin I guess.

CokeZer0
Rookie Member

Postby CokeZer0 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:14 am

Sierra Tango22 wrote:
CokeZer0 wrote:Being called in to do the psych test, I assume it is a good sign? But is it a sign that I got the job, with the catch that I pass the psych? Or is there still some final review process that they have to consider?

Providing you pass.

Good Luck

Thanks I appreciate the reply

fortmacapplicant
Rookie Member

Postby fortmacapplicant » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:19 pm

CokeZer0 wrote:
Sierra Tango22 wrote:

Providing you pass.

Good Luck

Thanks I appreciate the reply

How long between your reference checks to your call for the psych test did you wait?

CokeZer0
Rookie Member

Postby CokeZer0 » Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:05 pm

One of my references could not be reached for sometime, but once they reached him, I would say about two week later I got a call from HR telling me they want to schedule the Psych...I am still waiting for the people to email me so I can pick a day to do my psych test, I'm hoping this week I get an email or call to schedule it.