Ask a Sheriff

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Glasgow
Rookie Member

Re: Ask a Sheriff

Postby Glasgow » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:06 pm

fozozfallfoz

) You can pretty much use whatever you want. I know a few guys carry potato guns at Edmonton Law Courts.

2) They make offers where there are members needed, they will try and place you in your desired posting first. If you are offered a position your offer letter will state your location.

it was a serious question :stupid:

Glasgow
Rookie Member

Postby Glasgow » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:08 pm

congrats saskjj :pistols:

Sierra Tango22

Postby Sierra Tango22 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 pm

saskjj wrote:JUST HIRED!!! CALGARY!!!
VERY EXCITED!!! GOODLUCK TO EVERYONE ELSE!!!!!

Congrats, welcome aboard.
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

carmstrong444
Rookie Member

Postby carmstrong444 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:32 pm

WOO! I just got hired, Posted to Edmonton assuming training goes well that is lol.

Snow_Man
Rookie Member

Postby Snow_Man » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:36 pm

carmstrong444 wrote:WOO! I just got hired, Posted to Edmonton assuming training goes well that is lol.

Congrats!!!!

Did you ever email them?

Snow_Man
Rookie Member

Postby Snow_Man » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 pm

carmstrong444 wrote:WOO! I just got hired, Posted to Edmonton assuming training goes well that is lol.

Congrats!!!!

Did you ever email them?

carmstrong444
Rookie Member

Postby carmstrong444 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:53 pm

Snow_Man wrote:

Congrats!!!!

Did you ever email them?[/qu
No, I was just about to send you a message. They called about half an hour ago. Have they called you yet?

Snow_Man
Rookie Member

Postby Snow_Man » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Just would like to say that I received the job offer for a Calgary position! Thank you very much to the experienced forum members and current Sheriffs who helped us along and reassured us. :bow:
Congratulations to my fellow applicants who also received a call, and to those still in the process or waiting, don't give up! Its a long process for sure, from start to finish it has been almost exactly 6 months, waiting always sucks, but as long as you don't get any bad news back, you can consider yourself moving up in the competition, best of luck! :thumbsup:

To anyone going on the next class we should message each other and do some introductions as we will be spending 10 weeks with each other! :drinking:
I look forward to seeing the rest of you in class at the end of the month, lets make this the best class to pass thru SolGen!!!! :pistols: :boxer:

Snow_Man

BCfiveoh
Rookie Member

Postby BCfiveoh » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:44 pm

Congrats to all of you, I'm sure you'll make great sheriffs. Goodluck with your careers the rest of the way.

Shuto1
Rookie Member

Postby Shuto1 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:49 pm

Well done all....glad to see patience pays off! 8)

carmstrong444
Rookie Member

Postby carmstrong444 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:15 pm

I agree with Snow_man it can be difficult to find info on the sheriffs, the process, and get advice overall. So I really do appreciate everyone taking the time to answer PM's and overall just answering questions even though you did not have too. If any current Sheriffs that are working in Edmonton could let me know what it is like to work in Edmonton that would be great, and to anyone else in this upcoming class PM me and we should all get to know each other! good luck everyone and see you in less than a month :)

Code44
Veteran Member

Postby Code44 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:24 pm

carmstrong444 wrote:
saskjj wrote:Glasgow:

1. 10mm Glock is issued as I understand. All government issued equipment. You definitely cannot use your own weapon!
2. I have been told they will try to accommodate postings the best they can.

All the best.

I thught it was a .40 cal? (Glock 22)
I could be wrong

You are correct. :pistols:
:wave:

Sierra Tango22

Postby Sierra Tango22 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:59 pm

Congratulations to all the New Recruits.

Now drop and give me twenty :)

Have fun and we will see ya soon.

Best of luck to you at the college.
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady. I’m on a horse.”

HiPowered
Veteran Member

Postby HiPowered » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:40 pm

Congratulations to the guys and girls (?) who just got offers. Welcome to the agency.

Just a few tips for your training: Work as hard as you can, support your teammates, do more listening than talking, and listen to your instructors (especially during firearms ;) )

Sierra Tango22

Postby Sierra Tango22 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:54 pm

And fear the beard.