Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
jaimeL
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby jaimeL » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:52 pm

I have applied to Kingston and got an interview last week which I was unable to make. They called me four days later to re-scehdule an interview-should I take that as a good sign I understand it can be difficult to get an interview sometimes. Any hints for me? Also is K-pen out of control im reading some pretty bad horror stories and I had thought there would be some order in the chaos?
Also whos on strike prov?
Thanks so much!!!

Jaime

Apollo
Lord of the Poobahs

Postby Apollo » Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:53 pm

jaimeL wrote:I have applied to Kingston and got an interview last week which I was unable to make. They called me four days later to re-scehdule an interview-should I take that as a good sign I understand it can be difficult to get an interview sometimes. Any hints for me? Also is K-pen out of control im reading some pretty bad horror stories and I had thought there would be some order in the chaos?
Also whos on strike prov?
Thanks so much!!!

Jaime

Provincial

jaimeL
Rookie Member

Postby jaimeL » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:13 pm

"Apollo" -are you the only one who replies on here i need some real csc knowledge here?

lzatt
Rookie Member

Postby lzatt » Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Relax? :D
I am no expert but really, if you were not able to make the interview and they allowed you to reschedule does that sound like a bad thing? Congrats on that ! Kingston probably isnt, "out of control" and order but you hear rumors about institutions all the time and what may or may not be going on within them.
"No buts meow. It's the law."- Foster

gord-O
Rookie Member

Postby gord-O » Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 pm

hey,

I just got an interview in kingston late Feb. Anyone else?

also, could anyone give me some info. on hiring process. Time at training(is any of it online?), where they are hiring first (kingston, campbellford, gravenhurst)?, etc.

thanks.

gord-O
Rookie Member

Postby gord-O » Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:44 pm

Thanks Striker.

Do you have info. on the interview...How many interviewers? length? Will they tell me on the spot if I've been successful? Testing?(essential suitability test??)

And, what are the physical requirements? if any.

sorry for all the questions, i'm not at all familiar with the process...

ba2llb
Rookie Member

Postby ba2llb » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:51 pm

by gord-O on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 pm

What did you send to CSC originally when you applied? Where there any required forms and/or documentary evidence of qualification? :wounded:

ba2llb
Rookie Member

Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby ba2llb » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:49 am

A high school diploma is all the education required to apply to CSC as a CX but I am curious what the educational qualifications / backgrounds of those who have applied to CSC?

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:55 am

ba2llb wrote:A high school diploma is all the education required to apply to CSC as a CX but I am curious what the educational qualifications / backgrounds of those who have applied to CSC?

It varies. I had a college diploma in Law & Security as well as a degree in sociology. Yet work wise I spent the last 8 years or so working on the line in a car factory(long story). Some had more on their resume, some less. From what I hear they are practically begging for CX right now. But that can change in a heartbeat. Especially with the government going into deficits again. Next year could see a hiring freeze. Who knows?
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous

gord-O
Rookie Member

Postby gord-O » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:23 pm

ba2llb wrote:
by gord-O on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:46 pm

What did you send to CSC originally when you applied? Where there any required forms and/or documentary evidence of qualification? :wounded:

I Applied Online in Nov.2008...they asked a few questions, resume, etc. I didn't hear back from anyone until Late Jan. 2009.
I was employed and not in a hurry to get hired. If I were to do it again, paper app. seems faster.

gord-O
Rookie Member

Postby gord-O » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:39 pm

I applied on jobs.gc.ca, but they no longer have the Ontario Poster Advertised:

https://psjobs-emploisfp.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ ... ckBtn=true

https://psjobs-emploisfp.psc-cfp.gc.ca/ ... ckBtn=true