Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Whitebrown
Sage Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Whitebrown » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:38 am

0010010 wrote:I got stage 1 at the end of the month. I'm nervous :@

What's stage one? Is that the online?

TypeK
Rookie Member

Postby TypeK » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:59 am

Striker wrote:
TypeK wrote:hey guys, i'm sure this question has been answered before but i can't locate it :banghead: ...if anyone can tell me around what page i can find the answer or just simply answer this for me: what has been the average time frame between the interview and the time references have been contacted? thanks!

That questioned can't be answered accurately as every region and every CTP is different.

this is for ontario. i realise that it differs but if a couple people could write what the time frame has been for them???

Minimini
Rookie Member

Postby Minimini » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:21 pm

TypeK wrote:
Striker wrote:
TypeK wrote:hey guys, i'm sure this question has been answered before but i can't locate it :banghead: ...if anyone can tell me around what page i can find the answer or just simply answer this for me: what has been the average time frame between the interview and the time references have been contacted? thanks!

That questioned can't be answered accurately as every region and every CTP is different.

this is for ontario. i realise that it differs but if a couple people could write what the time frame has been for them???

I applied in January 2010, got my interview in January 2011 was added to the pool of qualified candidates in January 2011 for Atlantic. STILL WAITING! :cry:
Applied: January 2010
Role Play and Values Interview: Jan 17, 2011
Inventory: Jan 19, 2011

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:52 pm

Don't worry, I'll be there to hold your hand. :alright:
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:54 pm

Whitebrown wrote:

What's stage one? Is that the online?

Yep! Me and 0010010 write the exam next week.

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:58 pm

TypeK wrote:
Striker wrote:

I applied in Jan 2010, had my interview for Prairie in Jul 2010 and was slated to start CTP in Sept 2010 but this little thing call Op Athena kept getting in the way. I'm on Stage 1 right now, finally. Like mentioned previously, your mileage will vary.

Whitebrown
Sage Member

Postby Whitebrown » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:22 pm

NatoBro wrote:I applied in Jan 2010, had my interview for Prairie in Jul 2010 and was slated to start CTP in Sept 2010 but this little thing call Op Athena kept getting in the way. I'm on Stage 1 right now, finally. Like mentioned previously, your mileage will vary.

Excuses, excuses. :roll: ;)

Sorry, I'm lost and can't remember Stage One very well. You guys have finished the online and are writing the test? Or do you write a test at the beginning?

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:27 pm

NatoBro wrote:I applied in Jan 2010, had my interview for Prairie in Jul 2010 and was slated to start CTP in Sept 2010 but this little thing call Op Athena kept getting in the way.

Pffft... I KNOW that Internet on KAF is good to go. You could've done the On-line portion then. If you were in the FOBs, and you were nice to your Siggies they would've let you sit in the air conditioned CP and surf some web :mrgreen:

Anyways, welcome home brother, and good luck!
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

Whitebrown wrote:
NatoBro wrote:I applied in Jan 2010, had my interview for Prairie in Jul 2010 and was slated to start CTP in Sept 2010 but this little thing call Op Athena kept getting in the way. I'm on Stage 1 right now, finally. Like mentioned previously, your mileage will vary.

Sorry, I'm lost and can't remember Stage One very well. You guys have finished the online and are writing the test? Or do you write a test at the beginning?

Finished the online (well at least I am) and writing the exam.

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:33 pm

MedTech wrote:
NatoBro wrote:I applied in Jan 2010, had my interview for Prairie in Jul 2010 and was slated to start CTP in Sept 2010 but this little thing call Op Athena kept getting in the way.

Pffft... I KNOW that Internet on KAF is good to go. You could've done the On-line portion then. If you were in the FOBs, and you were nice to your Siggies they would've let you sit in the air conditioned CP and surf some web :mrgreen:

Anyways, welcome home brother, and good luck!

:) Actually, I did finish the online portion and then the company I worked for started giving me the gears about leaving my contract early. Something about a big financial penalty?? ;) No matter, CSC was kind enough to wait for me. Looking forward to next week.

Whitebrown
Sage Member

Postby Whitebrown » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:39 pm

NatoBro wrote:
Whitebrown wrote:

Finished the online (well at least I am) and writing the exam.

As long as you paid attention to what you were reading during the online, you'll be fine. Maybe go back and re-do the quizes if you the need to brush up on anything. Good luck!!

boudz
Rookie Member

Postby boudz » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:28 pm

SupahDuck wrote:
Striker wrote:This thread is straying from it's intended purpose and a lot of this discussion should be in the restricted forum..

Noted. Things seem to be fairly quiet lately on the application / interview / CTP front..... any applicants have recent news on their stage in the process? Any word in the Ontario region on new classes starting?

I'm in Ontario and things have gotten quiet. Last step I did was the medical in August. Not a word since. But I'm very grateful to have reached the steps I have and though I was delusional for awhile (spent all of August believing I would be doing my online training by now), I am over that false sense of hope and have settled down to wait some more! :P Good luck all!

pdubbu
Rookie Member

Postby pdubbu » Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:07 am

boudz wrote:
SupahDuck wrote:
Striker wrote:This thread is straying from it's intended purpose and a lot of this discussion should be in the restricted forum..

Noted. Things seem to be fairly quiet lately on the application / interview / CTP front..... any applicants have recent news on their stage in the process? Any word in the Ontario region on new classes starting?

I'm in Ontario and things have gotten quiet. Last step I did was the medical in August. Not a word since. But I'm very grateful to have reached the steps I have and though I was delusional for awhile (spent all of August believing I would be doing my online training by now), I am over that false sense of hope and have settled down to wait some more! :P Good luck all!

I've heard that there are a bunch of ctp's in house now, and more to come. In your case you might hear and start online in November, but you never know.

A guy I was talking to mentioned that over the next while there are at least 2 ctp's in house, then in the new year 3 at some points. Not sure where he got his information, so it's not 100% legit.

Rookie Member

Postby 0010010 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:13 am

NatoBro wrote:

Don't worry, I'll be there to hold your hand. :alright:

Are you "testing my limits" hahahahhaha :thumbsup: