Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Gaoler
Grand Poobah

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Gaoler » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:20 am

TheCanadian wrote:

agreed, i had no choice..........direction from the top.....because they didn't want to deal with this guy's tantrum............so i had to.........open the bag, slide them on the plate, wet papertowel over the top. lol

like i said, i was ordered to do it. :banghead:

No f**king way *ever* that con food would ever go in the microwaves that guards use....

If the Warden of your institution wants to appease Mr. Baby Tantrum, then let him have the microwave out of the Warden's lunchroom, and let him keep it in his cell.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

Which jail do you work at, Gaoler?

lol, i am just a guard..........provincial.

Not Guard, OFFICER! And to others about going to Prison. It isn't bad you gain rights once in jail. Medical at your finger tips, by pass lines at the hospital due to you being a con, 3 square meals a day and if you don't like your food you can strike and gain a audience with the warden and CMs and get better food, I could go on and on!

hi fedco, i know......i am a co, but sometimes i feel like i/we function more like "guards" at the provincial level because the seriousness of overcrowding. we can't be all places at any given time.......the ratio is so bad that we can't do much other than "guarding".

I work provincial too, more of a babysitter than a guard or officer. And +1 to the microwave thing. We have a guy that we are supposed to make coffee and breakfast for in the morning... :evil: Welcome to the provincial palace prison

ha ha, nice.....so i wasn't the only one! which province are u in?
Gaoler

Gaoler
Grand Poobah

Postby Gaoler » Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:25 am

SupahDuck wrote:Ok Gaoler, which provincial facility do you work at? Anywhere in Ontario? :D

Just curious if you're in our neck of the woods.

hi supahduck, most def not in ontario. but i wonder what the prov system is like in ontario. heard it's rougher than ours. is ontario's prov system overcrowded too?

dont know if i should tell u which province i am in......dont know who's reading. it's "frowned upon" to talk 'negatively" about work, you know i mean.
Gaoler

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:23 am

Gaoler wrote:
SupahDuck wrote:Ok Gaoler, which provincial facility do you work at? Anywhere in Ontario? :D

hi supahduck, most def not in ontario. but i wonder what the prov system is like in ontario. heard it's rougher than ours. is ontario's prov system overcrowded too?

dont know if i should tell u which province i am in......dont know who's reading. it's "frowned upon" to talk 'negatively" about work, you know i mean.

PM him then
K division.

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:54 am

Gaoler wrote:

Have you joined the private CO discussion thread on this forum if not ALL Prov and Fed CO can join!

TheCanadian
Veteran Member

Postby TheCanadian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:14 am

Gaoler wrote:

+1

TheCanadian
Veteran Member

Postby TheCanadian » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 am

Shawshank wrote:
TheCanadian wrote:

agreed, i had no choice..........direction from the top.....because they didn't want to deal with this guy's tantrum............so i had to.........open the bag, slide them on the plate, wet papertowel over the top. lol

like i said, i was ordered to do it. :banghead:

No f**king way *ever* that con food would ever go in the microwaves that guards use....

If the Warden of your institution wants to appease Mr. Baby Tantrum, then let him have the microwave out of the Warden's lunchroom, and let him keep it in his cell.

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :banghead:

Which jail do you work at, Gaoler?

lol, i am just a guard..........provincial.

Not Guard, OFFICER! And to others about going to Prison. It isn't bad you gain rights once in jail. Medical at your finger tips, by pass lines at the hospital due to you being a con, 3 square meals a day and if you don't like your food you can strike and gain a audience with the warden and CMs and get better food, I could go on and on!

hi fedco, i know......i am a co, but sometimes i feel like i/we function more like "guards" at the provincial level because the seriousness of overcrowding. we can't be all places at any given time.......the ratio is so bad that we can't do much other than "guarding".

I work provincial too, more of a babysitter than a guard or officer. And +1 to the microwave thing. We have a guy that we are supposed to make coffee and breakfast for in the morning... :evil: Welcome to the provincial palace prison

How the hell does that make sense? My thoughts (of an outsider of course) are that you should be at the breakfeast table at 8am. You will get eggs, coffee, oatmeal and toast. Lunch will be at 12. Will be pasta and juice with it. Dinner, Rice, veggies and a substance that may have been chicken at one time. (Exceptions made for medical and religious reasons.)

Between feedings, there will be "play time" that is earned, as well as a learning time, to try and get the shitheads a skill they can use to get a job and stay the hell out of prison. After supper, rehab for those with addictions.

Than again, maybe I expect too much.

No comment. For above mentioned reason.

Rookie Member

Postby 0010010 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:07 pm

well i just passed the process for the recent posting... lets see where I get put. Hopefully BC.

boudz
Rookie Member

Postby boudz » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:51 am

0010010 wrote:well i just passed the process for the recent posting... lets see where I get put. Hopefully BC.

I'm hoping for BC as well! It's been a long process but finally feel like I'm getting somewhere now :o

Mully
Rookie Member

Postby Mully » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:41 pm

lol, long process? It has been 5 months! I applied the exact same day as you and I am still waiting on a date for my interview. Consider yourself lucky.
Correctional Service of Canada
Graduated: February, 2012

crimstudent82
Rookie Member

Postby crimstudent82 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Mully wrote:lol, long process? It has been 5 months! I applied the exact same day as you and I am still waiting on a date for my interview. Consider yourself lucky.

same here. Dont worry, our interview will come. What region you in? I'm in PAC.
Applied to CSC: April. 13. 2011
In-House/WCPT-351: Wrote May. 14.2011
In-House/WCPT-351: Passed Jun.15.2011
Interview: waiting

Rookie Member

Postby 0010010 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:06 am

Really? The both processes I've been in were like a month each...

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:13 am

Q. How long will it take to complete the application process?

A. What is the phase of the moon? The current value of the Nikkei Index? What sandwich did your barber have last Tuesday, and did he get extra mustard? Hear a falling tree?

A. (the real one this time) If you scroll back through the many pages of this thread, you'll see very quickly that there's no rhyme, reason or pattern to the amount of time it takes to go through each step of the CSC application process. Even people in the same competition, dealing with the same staffing officers, will get different response times.

It all depends on IF they WANT you, WHEN they WANT you, and WHEN they NEED you.

Like we keep on saying, "Hurry Up and Wait!". The patience you learn in this part of the process will serve you in good stead once you're on the job.
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

tk401
Rookie Member

Postby tk401 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:04 pm

any of you co's heard when the next posting is coming up.???

Mully
Rookie Member

Postby Mully » Thu Aug 18, 2011 12:41 pm

crimstudent82 wrote:
Mully wrote:lol, long process? It has been 5 months! I applied the exact same day as you and I am still waiting on a date for my interview. Consider yourself lucky.

same here. Dont worry, our interview will come. What region you in? I'm in PAC.

Prairie
Correctional Service of Canada
Graduated: February, 2012

mtlch
Rookie Member

Postby mtlch » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:31 pm

Hi everybody, I'd like to ask anyone who currently works for CSC if they like their job as CX-01, and what's their usual tasks; are you mostly sitting down looking at camera ? Is it a dynamic job ? Is there any options for investigations tasks ? What do you like the most/least about your job ?

Thanks !