Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
FedCO
King Poobah

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby FedCO » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:05 am

melgirl_89 wrote:Do the assignments in the stage 2 binder have to be handed in or are they just for your personal refernce to help learn the materials better?

Handed in, the instructors will look to see you have done the work.

melgirl_89
Rookie Member

Postby melgirl_89 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:36 am

FedCO wrote:
melgirl_89 wrote:Do the assignments in the stage 2 binder have to be handed in or are they just for your personal refernce to help learn the materials better?

Ahh okay! I was hoping they wouldnt' actually go through and read mine since I've been using short form spelling and what not :P
Mel

Ummagumma
Rookie Member

Postby Ummagumma » Sat Jun 11, 2011 2:01 pm

melgirl_89 wrote:
FedCO wrote:

Ahh okay! I was hoping they wouldnt' actually go through and read mine since I've been using short form spelling and what not :P

In my experience, the instructors will definitely look to make sure the work is done, but the answers are primarily for your benefit - to make sure you've reviewed the material, for studying purposes, etc. I used a lot of short form and abbreviations in mine and it wasn't a problem. *But that's just one experience*.

melgirl_89
Rookie Member

Postby melgirl_89 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:54 pm

BigBuck wrote:
SupahDuck wrote:
melgirl_89 wrote:
You don't even need to use boot camp. I had the same problem a couple of months ago and I contacted the support people and they helped me out. Go to Safari, then click on "Preferences" under the "Safari" header. Go to "Advanced" and check off the box that says something like "show Develop in tool bar". Then look at the top of the screen and click on "Develop" and then "User Agent". Use "Internet Explorer 6.0" (i think that's it. If it isn't 6.0 then try either 7.0 or 8.0). Try the online website for the materials now. You might need to load the page first THEN go to "Develop", etc.

IT WORKS! :D Thank you SO much!!
Mel

BigBuck
Veteran Member

Postby BigBuck » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:22 pm

melgirl_89 wrote:
FedCO wrote:

They're just going to flip through the binder and ensure that you've completed all the material. If they question your 'short form' answers, just be prepared to back it up! Everyone learns differently - they're more concerned with you knowing the material, and being able to apply it, rather than the length of your notes. I remember certain questions, where the answer was directly in the question. I would just highlight the answer, and move on. They saw that even answer boxes I had left completely blank, that there were highlighted sections, and they had no problem with it.

Just know your stuff walking into day 1. There's a lot of law and policy to go over - they're there to teach you, but do yourself a favor and know how to vocalize your answers - they'll remember you as someone who worked hard, and they'll be a little more inclined to help you out when you need it.

It's not a 'homework check' - CSC is spending a lot of time, effort, and money on your training. They want to make sure you're taking it seriously. I had a buddy who did his core in Kingston a while back. Someone didn't complete the material for Stage 2 when walking into Stage 3. They booted him right there.

portystylz
Rookie Member

Postby portystylz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:06 am

Still waiting on test scors here anyone else wanna vent on the subject with me ahahahahaha...... :P

Lynks
Rookie Member

Postby Lynks » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:49 am

I'm in pacific region and just heard back from recruiting. I couldn't find any test results on the public service website, but I had an email for an interview later this week. :D

illsmashup
Rookie Member

Postby illsmashup » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:04 am

Anyone recently done a CX2 Comp? Any info on what to know and focus on?

pdubbu
Rookie Member

Postby pdubbu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:40 am

illsmashup wrote:Anyone recently done a CX2 Comp? Any info on what to know and focus on?

Aren't there any 2's at your joint that you can ask?

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:19 am

illsmashup wrote:Anyone recently done a CX2 Comp? Any info on what to know and focus on?

Work on your hugging skills. Maybe some stretching exercises would help.
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous

tk401
Rookie Member

Postby tk401 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:55 am

HI. Anyone heard if anyone else will be called for testing in the ontario region?

illsmashup
Rookie Member

Postby illsmashup » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:32 am

pdubbu wrote:

Obviously there are 2's at my joint. I have asked and am just looking at getting all the info I can.

pdubbu
Rookie Member

Postby pdubbu » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:50 pm

illsmashup wrote:
pdubbu wrote:

Obviously there are 2's at my joint. I have asked and am just looking at getting all the info I can.

Maybe you can work on your reading comprehension skills....I asked "aren't there any 2's at your joint that you can ask?" not if there are any 2's at your joint. :lol:

portystylz
Rookie Member

Postby portystylz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 pm

Lynks wrote:I'm in pacific region and just heard back from recruiting. I couldn't find any test results on the public service website, but I had an email for an interview later this week. :D

Congrats!!! hopefully we will be hearing back any time now in Ontario :D

boudz
Rookie Member

Postby boudz » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:59 pm

I'm in Ontario and just got my email with results from the testing we did in May. Passed!! But then it says to just hurry up and wait for the next phase... :roll: lol