Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Almc
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Almc » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:18 am

I'm so impatient lately! I was just accepted into a masters program for September however I only applied to that as a back up plan. I'm thinking I will continue with school until I hear anything. However I know this is what I want to do. Decisions decisions.

portystylz
Rookie Member

Postby portystylz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:11 am

Mully wrote:
Kat wrote:I also received the email, I believe the next day after taking the tests. I read that one person waited a month for results so I am hoping in the next few weeks to hear something.

Best of luck to you and Portystylz :thumbsup:

Goodluck to you as well :thumbsup:

portystylz
Rookie Member

Postby portystylz » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:18 am

Almc wrote:I'm so impatient lately! I was just accepted into a masters program for September however I only applied to that as a back up plan. I'm thinking I will continue with school until I hear anything. However I know this is what I want to do. Decisions decisions.

HAHAHAH same here, I can't wait to find out how I did on the tests. I just cant wait in general im pretty stoked for all of this!!! :D

Krissi
Rookie Member

Postby Krissi » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 pm

portystylz wrote:
Almc wrote:I'm so impatient lately! I was just accepted into a masters program for September however I only applied to that as a back up plan. I'm thinking I will continue with school until I hear anything. However I know this is what I want to do. Decisions decisions.

HAHAHAH same here, I can't wait to find out how I did on the tests. I just cant wait in general im pretty stoked for all of this!!! :D

I have the same problem.... I start my online training in a week and I'm trying really hard not to drive everyone around me crazy, due to my impatience, and excitement.... :banghead:

Different because I'm not waiting for the test results, and I'm sorry about that, but impatience all the same.

When I wrote my test (just the in house, I had WCPT from another process) I had my results in less than 2 weeks. However, they only had approximately 20 people at the testing session.

Hopefully you guys don't have to wait too much longer!

melgirl_89
Rookie Member

Postby melgirl_89 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:08 pm

Hey guys,

I'm currently in stage 2 of CTP and I'm just wondering if anyone else has been doing or has done the process with a Mac computer... If you have you are probably aware that things do not open properly with the pop ups and what not, but I'm wondering if anyone has solved the issue (I'm not good with technical stuff, AT ALL!). I'm just getting nervous as I leave in 3 weeks I will not have access to other computers at home which I have been using, so would like to get CTP functioning on my Mac!

If anyone could help that'd be awesome could you PM me?

Thanks,
Mel
Mel

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:07 pm

melgirl_89 wrote:Hey guys,

I'm currently in stage 2 of CTP and I'm just wondering if anyone else has been doing or has done the process with a Mac computer... If you have you are probably aware that things do not open properly with the pop ups and what not, but I'm wondering if anyone has solved the issue (I'm not good with technical stuff, AT ALL!). I'm just getting nervous as I leave in 3 weeks I will not have access to other computers at home which I have been using, so would like to get CTP functioning on my Mac!

Thanks,
Mel

CSC is a Windows/Microsoft environment. IMS (the internal department tasked with running things like e-mail, the InfoNet and the external website, as well as anything training-related) has never supported Apple software or hardware.

I'm pretty sure that the pre-requisites for using your computer for Stage 2 explicitly stated that you needed a Windows-based machine, running Internet Explorer. None of the CSC software I've seen will run on anything else.

Have you tried installing Bootcamp and creating a Windows partition on your Mac? There really isn't any other solution that I can see.
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

BigBuck
Veteran Member

Postby BigBuck » Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:20 pm

SupahDuck wrote:

Thanks,
Mel

CSC is a Windows/Microsoft environment. IMS (the internal department tasked with running things like e-mail, the InfoNet and the external website, as well as anything training-related) has never supported Apple software or hardware.

I'm pretty sure that the pre-requisites for using your computer for Stage 2 explicitly stated that you needed a Windows-based machine, running Internet Explorer. None of the CSC software I've seen will run on anything else.

Have you tried installing Bootcamp and creating a Windows partition on your Mac? There really isn't any other solution that I can see.

I tried EVERYTHING to get CTP materials to work on my mac. No dice. There's no way .
The only option is to use boot camp and create a Windows partition. Really easy to do. All you need is a windows CD, and you're all set. Don't go buy a new copy of Windows 7 if you're only going to use it for CTP.

As far as Stage 3 goes? You don't even need a computer. Everything is hard copy.

Krissi
Rookie Member

Postby Krissi » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:47 pm

Were you successful at using your mac for stage 1?

I'm apparently going to be running into the same problem come stage 2...

melgirl_89
Rookie Member

Postby melgirl_89 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 pm

BigBuck wrote:
SupahDuck wrote:

Thanks,
Mel

I tried EVERYTHING to get CTP materials to work on my mac. No dice. There's no way .
The only option is to use boot camp and create a Windows partition. Really easy to do. All you need is a windows CD, and you're all set. Don't go buy a new copy of Windows 7 if you're only going to use it for CTP.

As far as Stage 3 goes? You don't even need a computer. Everything is hard copy.

Thanks! That's good to know, cause if I don't need a computer for stage 3/4 then I won't bother :D
Mel

Steve698
Rookie Member

Postby Steve698 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:18 am

BigBuck wrote:
SupahDuck wrote:

Thanks,
Mel

You don't even need to use boot camp. I had the same problem a couple of months ago and I contacted the support people and they helped me out. Go to Safari, then click on "Preferences" under the "Safari" header. Go to "Advanced" and check off the box that says something like "show Develop in tool bar". Then look at the top of the screen and click on "Develop" and then "User Agent". Use "Internet Explorer 6.0" (i think that's it. If it isn't 6.0 then try either 7.0 or 8.0). Try the online website for the materials now. You might need to load the page first THEN go to "Develop", etc.

Outrunhumbug
Rookie Member

Postby Outrunhumbug » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:06 pm

I recently wrote my test on May 13th in Ottawa for entry testing was just wondering if anyone has heard back with test results yet? Can anyone give me a better time frame for test results will they let me know via email or regular mail?
Thanks.
Applied CSC April 13, 2011
WCPT & In-House Exam May 14, 2011
Passed WCPT & In-House Exam June 15, 2011
Interview July 12th Kingston
Excited .. I Think So!!

portystylz
Rookie Member

Postby portystylz » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Outrunhumbug wrote:I recently wrote my test on May 13th in Ottawa for entry testing was just wondering if anyone has heard back with test results yet? Can anyone give me a better time frame for test results will they let me know via email or regular mail?
Thanks.

I also wrote the test's in Ottawa and I have not received results, as for a time frame whoooo knows :P The results should be posted in your application status page where you applied when they are available.

melgirl_89
Rookie Member

Postby melgirl_89 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:07 pm

Krissi wrote:Were you successful at using your mac for stage 1?

I'm apparently going to be running into the same problem come stage 2...

I didn't use my MAC for stage one as I had issues. Luckily I had another computer at home.
Mel

melgirl_89
Rookie Member

Postby melgirl_89 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:08 pm

Steve698 wrote:You don't even need to use boot camp. I had the same problem a couple of months ago and I contacted the support people and they helped me out. Go to Safari, then click on "Preferences" under the "Safari" header. Go to "Advanced" and check off the box that says something like "show Develop in tool bar". Then look at the top of the screen and click on "Develop" and then "User Agent". Use "Internet Explorer 6.0" (i think that's it. If it isn't 6.0 then try either 7.0 or 8.0). Try the online website for the materials now. You might need to load the page first THEN go to "Develop", etc.

Thanks I will try that!
Mel

melgirl_89
Rookie Member

Postby melgirl_89 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Do the assignments in the stage 2 binder have to be handed in or are they just for your personal refernce to help learn the materials better?
Mel