Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Barricade
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Barricade » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:48 am

Once A week?

Alright I'll start tommorow Morning, Who should I contact? Someone/anyone in the Ministry of Corrections?

the1captain
Veteran Member

Postby the1captain » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:21 am

For recruitment In Ontario try roberta Johnson. Her office is based out of Kingston.
"Some people are like Slinkies. Not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs." - Anonymous

CSCTORCMP
Rookie Member

Postby CSCTORCMP » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:10 pm

In order to apply for Federal Service jobs such as Correctional Officer, Border Services you need to go to the government website: www.jobs.gc.ca where you click on which region you want to work in.

Barricade
Rookie Member

Postby Barricade » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:40 am

...uh...didn't know there was a difference..I thought Corrections Canada...was Corrections Canada...guess i need to research a bit more

:O

mtljoe82
Rookie Member

Postby mtljoe82 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:02 pm

Ok,

So here it is, my first post. Been lingering around here for a couple months now.Im really interested in getting hired by csc.Went back to school this year to get my high school diploma just so i could apply. After completing my courses I checked the government website every day for new postings. Finaly, i saw one and applied. The posting was for correctional officer cx1 (inventory).My question is what is Meant by "inventory".Also i live in montreal and applied for the posting in the regions of Drummondville, Ste-Anne-Des-Plaines, Cowansville and Laval.Was wondering if anyone else applied for this one.I applied on December 19th.Have not heard anything yet.Will they contact me by email or phone.

p.s. if you are reading this but are not registered on blueline and would like to respond you can write to me at joeraise@yahoo.com.
Last edited by mtljoe82 on Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec. 19th 2008- Applied to CSC
Jun. 3rd 2009- Values interview- PASSED
Jul. 1st 2009- Medical-PASSED
Sept. 29th 2009 Role play - PASSED
Jan. 25th 2010-Online training-PASSED
Mar. 29th 2010-CTP- PASSED
Jun. 7th 2010-OJT- PASSED
Sept. 20th 2010- HIRED!!!!

lzatt
Rookie Member

Postby lzatt » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:03 pm

Ill try and give my input here because I went through the same thing but for Federal , (Primary Worker), have applied to the posting that you did as well though and it can take months and months for them to call or e-mail . Their first contact though I believe would be for testing and it is normally through e-mail. Has always been for me. I got the call today actually from them after about seven months for an admin position (CR-04/CR-03) which is open to any institution fed/provincial in the near by area so maybe you will hear something soon, seems like things are in motion again. Inventory would probably be similar to what I was waiting in , a pool of qualified people or potential candidates for the position that they will pick out of to contact , begin testing, interview etc but maybe someone else has a better explanation. In any case, Decemeber is nothing compared to some wait times. I was contacted 3 months ago for the Primary Worker exam and they still havent scheduled the test date!!!!! 88) Youll get very used to waiting. Patience is good though!!!!
"No buts meow. It's the law."- Foster

lzatt
Rookie Member

Postby lzatt » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:49 pm

You got it ;) The only person that ever minded me bothering them was Roberta I think :) When they finally did call for an interview I had to be in Kingston within the week regardless of my schedule. The recruiter that I keep in contact with now though is very friendly and doesnt mind if I call to check in. If you call/e-mail they can usually tell you the status of your test etc. Like I said, the primary worker exam that I am to write still hasnt even been scheduled and its been months ! The call always comes just as you have given up hope...makes it more exciting though ..and easier if you have a decent job while you wait :D
"No buts meow. It's the law."- Foster

mtljoe82
Rookie Member

Postby mtljoe82 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:23 pm

Thanks for your input guys. Looks like im goanna have to get used to playing the waiting game. :crazy:

mtljoe82
Rookie Member

Postby mtljoe82 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:17 pm

Striker wrote:
mtljoe82 wrote:Thanks for your input guys. Looks like im goanna have to get used to playing the waiting game. :crazy:

When I called to see if I had made it , I was told they were still testing and it might be another week. This was a Monday morning. Tuesday at dinner time they called and told me I had been accepted. :roll:
Stay in contact with HR. Don't call every day but at least once a week or so.
Good luck.

Ok, so its been about a month since i sent in my online application. Today i decided to call and see if i could get any info. I asked recruitment if testing dates had been determined and the woman asked "what do you mean".I then proceeded to tell her that i thought the next stage of the process was testing. She said "no, the next step is the initial interview of qualified candidates". She then told me that they have started contacting candidates for interviews. Im in Quebec, could it be that the process is different here. :ponder:

Q-Tip

Postby Q-Tip » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:21 pm

Eastern Ontario here.
Closing date for the posting I applied to (Kingston area) was November 26th (or 27th).
It was the first posting for this area that did not require the "Corrections Test."
The process is now an Online application, then Interview, then Medical, then Online courses, then Core.
This is as far as I know, I could be wrong...but it has been the general case I have found hearing from others in this area.
Devil hands have been busy...