Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
paccx
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby paccx » Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:27 pm

ana00712
Rookie Member

Postby ana00712 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:58 pm

paccx wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:08 pm
[quote=ana00712 post_id=849633 time=<a href="tel:1596736818">1596736818</a> user_id=51289]
Hi everyone!

I currently passed stage 1 of the training process. I have yet to complete the psych and am currently awaiting to be moved to stage 2/3. I was wondering if anyone has any tips/advice to do well on the psych test.

Wishing everyone else in the process the best of luck!
No. It’s a pass/fail, your psychological profile once it is determined by the test and a registered psychologist, fits the profile or it doesn’t.
[/quote]

Thank you! Appreciate your response

Tunafish
Rookie Member

Postby Tunafish » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:55 am

Just wondering what the usual wait period is to hear back about your psych test.

Luskie
Rookie Member

Postby Luskie » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:01 am

Tunafish wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:55 am
Just wondering what the usual wait period is to hear back about your psych test.
Also curious for this.

I'm at 7 weeks since my test/interview with no results (ontario)
Applied: July 2019
SJT: July 2019
Interview: November 2019
References: November 2019
Fingerprints: November 2019
CTP1: December 2019
Medical exam/audiogram: January 2020
Psychological exam & interview: June 2020
Security Questionnaire: September 2020

Mike101
Rookie Member

Postby Mike101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 am

Just curious if anyone has multiple applications ongoing for CSC.
I gave recruiting a call a few weeks back to check the status of my application (I am from the Atlantic region and my interest was Atlantic, Ontario, and SASK)
The recruiter said everything is good so far.

Applied March 27, 2019
SJT April 18th, 2019 passed
Interview November 14th, 2019 Passed
Reference January 2020 Passed

In your experience is the timing right or does it feel a little long?
The recruiter mentioned to me that I can reapply if I wished, and it would keep my name floating around but I am in the system.

I guess what I am wondering is would you reapply with the length of the process so far or does it seem typical? (I imagine things will be longer with covid)
I know its a long process as it took a friend 18months from start to finish, but I do know someone that applied after me, and she has already made it past the psych test stage.

For people that have done multiple applications, do any parts of the process transfer over....Do you retake SJT, interview, references?

paccx
Rookie Member

Postby paccx » Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:58 pm

Mike101 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:01 am
Just curious if anyone has multiple applications ongoing for CSC.
I gave recruiting a call a few weeks back to check the status of my application (I am from the Atlantic region and my interest was Atlantic, Ontario, and SASK)
The recruiter said everything is good so far.

Applied March 27, 2019
SJT April 18th, 2019 passed
Interview November 14th, 2019 Passed
Reference January 2020 Passed

In your experience is the timing right or does it feel a little long?
The recruiter mentioned to me that I can reapply if I wished, and it would keep my name floating around but I am in the system.

I guess what I am wondering is would you reapply with the length of the process so far or does it seem typical? (I imagine things will be longer with covid)
I know its a long process as it took a friend 18months from start to finish, but I do know someone that applied after me, and she has already made it past the psych test stage.

For people that have done multiple applications, do any parts of the process transfer over....Do you retake SJT, interview, references?

My process from online application to acceptance took
15 months. The whole process from start of application to graduation took 20 months. Throughout the application process I received zero notice of pass/fail of any of the steps. I knew I passed when I was invited to do the next step in the recruiting process.

Regarding multiple applications, I don’t see how this could be beneficial, I’ve worked for the service for quite sometime now and there is no rhyme or reason why someone’s application process proceeds quicker than others. The same holds true if you do successfully get employed by the Correctional Service of Canada and engage in an internal competition. The process for each individual moves at it’s own pace.

Best of luck.

Mike101
Rookie Member

Postby Mike101 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:32 pm

paccx wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 12:58 pm
My process from online application to acceptance took
15 months. The whole process from start of application to graduation took 20 months. Throughout the application process I received zero notice of pass/fail of any of the steps. I knew I passed when I was invited to do the next step in the recruiting process.

Regarding multiple applications, I don’t see how this could be beneficial, I’ve worked for the service for quite sometime now and there is no rhyme or reason why someone’s application process proceeds quicker than others. The same holds true if you do successfully get employed by the Correctional Service of Canada and engage in an internal competition. The process for each individual moves at it’s own pace.

Best of luck.
Thanks for that
I'll just keep waiting and hope for the best
I didn't see the point in putting another application in... Would though if it helped

DayJoy2003
Rookie Member

Postby DayJoy2003 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:39 pm

Does anyone know the answers to the following? For CX-1 what is...

1. Average Overtime per year?
2. Holiday premium per year?
3. Average shift premium per year?
4. Average Weekend premium per year?
5. Average pension contribution per year?
6. Meal allowance
:banghead:

Mike101
Rookie Member

Postby Mike101 » Fri Aug 14, 2020 1:22 pm

DayJoy2003 wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:39 pm
Does anyone know the answers to the following? For CX-1 what is...

1. Average Overtime per year?
2. Holiday premium per year?
3. Average shift premium per year?
4. Average Weekend premium per year?
5. Average pension contribution per year?
6. Meal allowance
:banghead:
I am not an officer, just an applicant.
I can't answer about the average overtime but Im guessing different needs at different institutions. I have a friend in Nova Scotia that pulls in lots of extra hours.

(not sure how current)(It won't give the average but you can find information on premiums) But this gives you a look at the agreement
https://www.tbs-sct.gc.ca/agreements-co ... 3566213571

BubbaFett
Rookie Member

Postby BubbaFett » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:16 pm

Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on with CTP's, have they restarted? Any new ones starting up? Where are they running them? I heard PEI and Kingston, but I also heard rumors of possibly running them at the Institutions to save having to pre and post quarantine. Asking for a friend. Thanks.
Applied:Apr16
Interview:Nov16
CTP 1 and Medical:March17 and Mar18
References:Mar17
Fingerprints:Mar17 and Apr18
Psych:Mar17
CTP 2: May18
CTP 3: Kingston 30 May 18
CX-01 Sept/2018
CX-02 Mar/2020

Luskie
Rookie Member

Postby Luskie » Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 pm

BubbaFett wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:16 pm
Just wondering if anyone knows what's going on with CTP's, have they restarted? Any new ones starting up? Where are they running them? I heard PEI and Kingston, but I also heard rumors of possibly running them at the Institutions to save having to pre and post quarantine. Asking for a friend. Thanks.
Cannot confirm because I have not received an offer,

But rumor is invites have went out for CTP in PEI starting in September.

I have no idea about Kingston or in institutional training, would be very curious to learn.

paccx
Rookie Member

Postby paccx » Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:59 pm

BubbaFett wrote:

Do you mean regional training as opposed to institutional? I have absolutely no idea how training could be offered in an institution, it would be a logistical nightmare!

redemptionmaster
Rookie Member

Postby redemptionmaster » Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:16 am

There was a user who posted in July they went off to training in PEI for July 27th and another user posted there friend was offered to head to training in September. That being said, I have NOT received an offer yet and I am stilling waiting. My Region is Pacific.
CSC Process
May19-Application
July19-Exam
Oct19-Interview
Nov19-References
Dec19-Psychological, Security Screening Docs, CTP1
Jan20-Medical and SS Interview
Mar20-CTP3 invite
Nov20- Abbotsford Training CTP3

noanykey

Postby noanykey » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:41 am

Luskie wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 8:34 pm
BubbaFett wrote:
Cannot confirm because I have not received an offer,

But rumor is invites have went out for CTP in PEI starting in September.

I have no idea about Kingston or in institutional training, would be very curious to learn.
I would re-apply if it was Institutional training. I have a friend in Pacific who did all of his training locally. #jealous.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

Luskie
Rookie Member

Postby Luskie » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:11 pm

Does anyone know the normal amount of time CSC gives to get prepared to go for CTP 3?

Including the time to complete CTP 2? or is it a random interval in each instance.

Thanks