Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Annabella40
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Annabella40 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:37 pm

Odawa wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:16 pm
Anybody got an invite for April @ PEI or Kingston?
Nothing yet hoping to hear something soon !

Jsmitts77
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Jsmitts77 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:24 pm

April 28th, PEI!

If anybody on here is also loaded on, feel free to connect.

Odawa
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:28 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Odawa » Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:31 am

Jsmitts77 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:24 pm
April 28th, PEI!

If anybody on here is also loaded on, feel free to connect.
When did you receive it? What region/institution?

Jsmitts77
Rookie Member
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 22, 2019 11:49 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Jsmitts77 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:46 pm

Received last week.
Kent institution - Pacific

bulldoglover4
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby bulldoglover4 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Jsmitts77 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:24 pm
April 28th, PEI!

If anybody on here is also loaded on, feel free to connect.
Sent you a PM as I'm headed there April 14 :)

Mel1978
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:33 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Mel1978 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:44 pm

Anyone going to Kingston in April yet?
If yes, which prison did you accept an offer at?
Applied: May 2019
Testing: May 2019
Interview: August 2019
References: August 2019
CTP1: Passed Oct. 2019
Psych: Nov 2019
Fingerprinting: Oct 2019
Medical: Passed Feb 2020

miscaware
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:19 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby miscaware » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm

Mel1978 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:44 pm
Anyone going to Kingston in April yet?
If yes, which prison did you accept an offer at?
Do the CTP 2 and 3 invites usually come at the same time? I haven’t even received my CTP 2 invite yet

bulldoglover4
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 3:12 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby bulldoglover4 » Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:37 pm

miscaware wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:25 pm
Mel1978 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 3:44 pm
Anyone going to Kingston in April yet?
If yes, which prison did you accept an offer at?
Do the CTP 2 and 3 invites usually come at the same time? I haven’t even received my CTP 2 invite yet
Last edited by bulldoglover4 on Sun Mar 08, 2020 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Annabella40
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Annabella40 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Jsmitts77 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:46 pm
Received last week.
Kent institution - Pacific
How long have you been waiting to get invite to stage 3

Odawa
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:28 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Odawa » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:44 am

Anybody else received an invite for April?
I'm curious to know what regions applicants were offered.

Kayliesg
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Kayliesg » Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:38 pm

Anyone have an idea of how long its currently taking to receive an offer to PAC Region after completing Psych & Medical?

Annabella40
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:30 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Annabella40 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:33 pm

Odawa wrote:
Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:44 am
Anybody else received an invite for April?
I'm curious to know what regions applicants were offered.
Did you get a invite

Avon0072
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:48 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Avon0072 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:39 pm

I haven’t hear from csc since January 20th, and I was wondering how long after do they let you know of a conditional offer if any or otherwise. I’ve worked for public safety before... and currently have a a different type of security clearance, so I’m not really worried about the security clearance, but I haven’t really heard back from csc regarding my Psych eval, does anyone know if that’s is odd?

Any insight will be much appreciated.

Here’s my timeline so far:

Applied: July 2019
Testing: completed previously
Interview: August 2019
References: August/Sept 2019
CTP1: Oct. 2019
Medical: November 2019
Psych Written: December 2019
Psych interview: Jan 2020.
Fingerprinting: Dec 2019

JACX
Rookie Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:07 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby JACX » Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:23 am

Avon0072 wrote:
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:39 pm
I haven’t hear from csc since January 20th, and I was wondering how long after do they let you know of a conditional offer if any or otherwise. I’ve worked for public safety before... and currently have a a different type of security clearance, so I’m not really worried about the security clearance, but I haven’t really heard back from csc regarding my Psych eval, does anyone know if that’s is odd?

Any insight will be much appreciated.

Here’s my timeline so far:

Applied: July 2019
Testing: completed previously
Interview: August 2019
References: August/Sept 2019
CTP1: Oct. 2019
Medical: November 2019
Psych Written: December 2019
Psych interview: Jan 2020.
Fingerprinting: Dec 2019

Not unusual, depending on what region you applied for. I’ve been sitting since oct. I had 1 offer in Nov. for an institution I never selected. Moving would mean NO support system, which I don’t believe is great when already working in the environment at said institution.
I’ve been waiting for a specific institution and it was listed as one of the options, so not sure what the hold up is.
If I don’t get to core by Oct then I’ll have to re-do the psych as they are only good for 1 year. This process is trying, but be patient and hopefully it all works out for you.
JACX

Applied: Jan. 2019
Testing: completed previously.
Interview: July 2019
References: Aug. 2019
Fingerprinting, med:Sept 2019
CTP1: Sept 2019-Oct. 2019
Psych + interview: Oct 2019
Audiogram:Completed
CTP2:TBD
CTP3:TBD

Dk94
Rookie Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Dk94 » Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:14 pm

Jsmitts77 wrote:
Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:46 pm
Received last week.
Kent institution - Pacific
When did you complete the application process?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adamsablueline, AhrefsBot, Google [Bot], oxlemar and 10 guests