Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

habsfan1221
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby habsfan1221 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Just wondering if anyone else has completed stage 1 but has yet to have completed the medical and pysch tests or have yet to have a date for them.

Thanks

noanykey
Seasoned Member

Postby noanykey » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 am

habsfan1221 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:51 pm
Just wondering if anyone else has completed stage 1 but has yet to have completed the medical and pysch tests or have yet to have a date for them.

Thanks
CTP 1 and Psych came one after another in a matter of hours. I finished CTP 1 yesterday and I did my Psych last week. I just got sent medical today for next month. I got a long wait ahead of me :(
I'm hoping they send other things my way while I wait for the medical date.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
Active SAR Member

habsfan1221
Rookie Member

Postby habsfan1221 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 am

That's awesome! Almost there. For the medical, did they call you or was it an email? They emailed me on March 8th saying to expect a phone call to book your medical but I haven't gotten a phone call yet. And was your pysch test invitation by email or by phone?

Thanks

habsfan1221
Rookie Member

Postby habsfan1221 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:44 am

habsfan1221 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:43 am

habsfan1221
Rookie Member

Postby habsfan1221 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:44 am

noanykey wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:28 am
habsfan1221 wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:51 pm

Thanks
CTP 1 and Psych came one after another in a matter of hours. I finished CTP 1 yesterday and I did my Psych last week. I just got sent medical today for next month. I got a long wait ahead of me :(
I'm hoping they send other things my way while I wait for the medical date.

That's awesome! Almost there. For the medical, did they call you or was it an email? They emailed me on March 8th saying to expect a phone call to book your medical but I haven't gotten a phone call yet. And was your pysch test invitation by email or by phone?

Thanks

Napa123
Rookie Member

Postby Napa123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:00 am

Anyone else receive this email. I am a bit confused as I am in the CX1 process. My apologies if I am wrong but CX1 training does not require "Women Centered Training" correct?

Hello,

This email to confirm that you have completed CTP Stage 1 - all courses, informal tests and the Stage 1 Theory test on the learning portal with a score of 70% or higher. Your result is valid for one year from the date that you have completed the Stage 1 Theory test. Congratulations on your successful completion of the Correctional Training Program Stage 1. Your recruitment and training file has been updated to reflect this accomplishment. Stages 2 and 3 of the Correctional Training Program (CTPs) and Women Centered Training (WCTs) are scheduled in order to meet Regional needs. We are, unfortunately, not able to identify the date(s) of future CTPs/WCTs. Should you be selected, you will be contacted at that time.

Given the large number of applicants in this process, we will be unable to respond to any requests for further information.

Thank you for your interest and participation in this selection process.

Sincerely,

habsfan1221
Rookie Member

Postby habsfan1221 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 am

Napa123 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:00 am
Anyone else receive this email. I am a bit confused as I am in the CX1 process. My apologies if I am wrong but CX1 training does not require "Women Centered Training" correct?

Hello,

This email to confirm that you have completed CTP Stage 1 - all courses, informal tests and the Stage 1 Theory test on the learning portal with a score of 70% or higher. Your result is valid for one year from the date that you have completed the Stage 1 Theory test. Congratulations on your successful completion of the Correctional Training Program Stage 1. Your recruitment and training file has been updated to reflect this accomplishment. Stages 2 and 3 of the Correctional Training Program (CTPs) and Women Centered Training (WCTs) are scheduled in order to meet Regional needs. We are, unfortunately, not able to identify the date(s) of future CTPs/WCTs. Should you be selected, you will be contacted at that time.

Given the large number of applicants in this process, we will be unable to respond to any requests for further information.

Sincerely,
I think WCT is for primary workers going to work in women centers. If your going for CX1 you will complete CTP.

Napa123
Rookie Member

Postby Napa123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm

habsfan1221 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:23 am
Napa123 wrote:

Hello,

This email to confirm that you have completed CTP Stage 1 - all courses, informal tests and the
Stage 1 Theory test on the learning portal with a score of 70% or higher. Your result is valid for one year from the date that you have completed the Stage 1 Theory test. Congratulations on your successful completion of the Correctional Training Program Stage 1. Your recruitment and training file has been updated to reflect this accomplishment. Stages 2 and 3 of the Correctional Training Program (CTPs) and Women Centered Training (WCTs) are scheduled in order to meet Regional needs. We are, unfortunately, not able to identify the date(s) of future CTPs/WCTs. Should you be selected, you will be contacted at that time.

Sincerely,
I think WCT is for primary workers going to work in women centers. If your going for CX1 you will complete CTP.
You’re right. But does it not seem the way the email is worded that they are waiting for both to open up to have me proceed.

manuel4140
Rookie Member

Postby manuel4140 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm

Napa123 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm
habsfan1221 wrote:
Napa123 wrote:

Hello,

This email to confirm that you have completed CTP Stage 1 - all courses, informal tests and the
Stage 1 Theory test on the learning portal with a score of 70% or higher. Your result is valid for one year from the date that you have completed the Stage 1 Theory test. Congratulations on your successful completion of the Correctional Training Program Stage 1. Your recruitment and training file has been updated to reflect this accomplishment. Stages 2 and 3 of the Correctional Training Program (CTPs) and Women Centered Training (WCTs) are scheduled in order to meet Regional needs. We are, unfortunately, not able to identify the date(s) of future CTPs/WCTs. Should you be selected, you will be contacted at that time.

Sincerely,
You’re right. But does it not seem the way the email is worded that they are waiting for both to open up to have me proceed.
It's a generic email for primary worker applicant and CX1 applicant. I'm in the run for both.. that said, they say your results are valid for one year as they cannot guarantee spots and also, people procrastinate when submitting documents for whichever reason - ei. accidents, illness, out of the country... so on.

hockeyguy
Rookie Member

Postby hockeyguy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Napa123 wrote:
Anyone else receive this email.
When did you get this email in regards to finishing CTP1? I have completed fingerprints, Psych, Medical, security, and CTP1 on Sunday and I haven't heard a peep. I emailed them telling them that I had finished everything and asked if there was anything they needed from me and they haven't said anything yet.
Applied: August 8
Testing: November 1
Interview: February 21
References: February 21
Fingerprinting: March 5
Medical: March 5
Security Questionnaire: March 6
CTP 1: March 6
Psych: March 19/26
CTP 1 Formal Test: March 24
CTP 3 Invite: April 9

Napa123
Rookie Member

Postby Napa123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:25 pm

hockeyguy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:27 pm
Napa123 wrote:
When did you get this email in regards to finishing CTP1? I have completed fingerprints, Psych, Medical, security, and CTP1 on Sunday and I haven't heard a peep. I emailed them telling them that I had finished everything and asked if there was anything they needed from me and they haven't said anything yet.
I completed CTP1 formal test on March 16th. I received the congratulations email this morning (March 27th). Hope that helps.

Napa123
Rookie Member

Postby Napa123 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:30 pm

manuel4140 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:50 pm
Napa123 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:21 pm
habsfan1221 wrote:

It's a generic email for primary worker applicant and CX1 applicant. I'm in the run for both.. that said, they say your results are valid for one year as they cannot guarantee spots and also, people procrastinate when submitting documents for whichever reason - ei. accidents, illness, out of the country... so on.
Great thanks for the info.

hockeyguy
Rookie Member

Postby hockeyguy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:38 pm

Napa123 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:25 pm
hockeyguy wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:27 pm
Napa123 wrote:
I completed CTP1 formal test on March 16th. I received the congratulations email this morning (March 27th). Hope that helps.

That did help, thanks. I thought it was like an immediate thing for most people, now I'm not as worried!
Applied: August 8
Testing: November 1
Interview: February 21
References: February 21
Fingerprinting: March 5
Medical: March 5
Security Questionnaire: March 6
CTP 1: March 6
Psych: March 19/26
CTP 1 Formal Test: March 24
CTP 3 Invite: April 9

TheSlav
Rookie Member

Postby TheSlav » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:15 am

Well, I was told by one of my references they got an email with a package. But my current supervisor didn’t get an email or call. Hmmmm.
Applied: 12/10/218
Test: 01/31/18
Test Results: 02/11/19
Interview: 03/21/19
References: 04/03/19
Fingerprinting: 04/05/19
Screening: 04/08/19
Psych Test: 04/15/19
Health Assessment: 04/18/19
Psych Eval: 04/23/19

manuel4140
Rookie Member

Postby manuel4140 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:33 am

TheSlav wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:15 am
Well, I was told by one of my references they got an email with a package. But my current supervisor didn’t get an email or call. Hmmmm.
Maybe say something along the lines that you were informed by one of your references they received the package but the second person you put as a referee did not receive anything. Just say that you would like to confirm his/her email address (and write it in the email).

My second reference package did not make it to the person I put down as a referee. As a cause, it slowed the whole process for almost a month. Sucks because if something doesn't go smooth, your application goes back to the pile.