Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
hockeyguy
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:40 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby hockeyguy » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:04 pm

Luskie wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am
Hello everyone.

I'm just looking for some insight and possible guidance/next step.

I've successfully completed my SJT test and am currently waiting for an email for an interview, but it's been close to 5 months. What is the standard time between these steps? I know the process is hurry up and wait but its becoming a concern.

Two questions:

1. Should I email ontariorecruitment for an update?
2. If I was removed from the process/not going to receive an interview, would I be notified?

Thank you!
Yes to both.

User avatar
noanykey
Rookie Member
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 5:40 pm
Location: BC
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby noanykey » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:19 pm

Luskie wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am
Hello everyone.

I'm just looking for some insight and possible guidance/next step.

I've successfully completed my SJT test and am currently waiting for an email for an interview, but it's been close to 5 months. What is the standard time between these steps? I know the process is hurry up and wait but its becoming a concern.

Two questions:

1. Should I email ontariorecruitment for an update?
2. If I was removed from the process/not going to receive an interview, would I be notified?

Thank you!

Question
Did you select Ontario only for institutions?
If so, they may drag their feet as other regions need more CX.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

greenpea19
Rookie Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby greenpea19 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:02 am

Does anyone know what type of exercises we need to be able to do in ctp3? It says five specific ones in order to pass.

Luskie
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Luskie » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:23 am

noanykey wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:19 pm
Luskie wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am
Hello everyone.

I'm just looking for some insight and possible guidance/next step.

I've successfully completed my SJT test and am currently waiting for an email for an interview, but it's been close to 5 months. What is the standard time between these steps? I know the process is hurry up and wait but its becoming a concern.

Two questions:

1. Should I email ontariorecruitment for an update?
2. If I was removed from the process/not going to receive an interview, would I be notified?

Thank you!

Question
Did you select Ontario only for institutions?
If so, they may drag their feet as other regions need more CX.

No I selected country wide, every facility.

I guess all I needed to do was post on here my concern. I received my invitation for an interview today.

Wish me luck!
CX-01

Applied: July 19
SJT: July 19 (Passed)
Interview: November 19 (Passed)
References: November 19
Fingerprints: November 19
CTP1: December 19
Medical exam/audiogram: January 20

greenpea19
Rookie Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:59 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby greenpea19 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:11 am

Luskie wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:23 am
noanykey wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:19 pm
Luskie wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:43 am
Hello everyone.

I'm just looking for some insight and possible guidance/next step.

I've successfully completed my SJT test and am currently waiting for an email for an interview, but it's been close to 5 months. What is the standard time between these steps? I know the process is hurry up and wait but its becoming a concern.

Two questions:

1. Should I email ontariorecruitment for an update?
2. If I was removed from the process/not going to receive an interview, would I be notified?

Thank you!

Question
Did you select Ontario only for institutions?
If so, they may drag their feet as other regions need more CX.

No I selected country wide, every facility.

I guess all I needed to do was post on here my concern. I received my invitation for an interview today.

Wish me luck!

After I did my interview things happened really quickly. Within a month I went from interview to ctp1

Pdl
Rookie Member
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Pdl » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:03 pm

greenpea19 wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:02 am
Does anyone know what type of exercises we need to be able to do in ctp3? It says five specific ones in order to pass.
Somewhere in CTP1 there is an overview of the CTP3 training. I think it's in the intro presentation.

There were some written exams and some practical ones.

Luskie
Rookie Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 7:37 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Luskie » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:07 pm

Hello again all.

Question regarding facial hair. My interview is coming up next week but I cant seem to find a concrete answer about if a very well kept short beard is acceptable attire for CSC/the interview.

I've seen conflicting answers regarding this; any insight would be helpful.

Thank you.
CX-01

Applied: July 19
SJT: July 19 (Passed)
Interview: November 19 (Passed)
References: November 19
Fingerprints: November 19
CTP1: December 19
Medical exam/audiogram: January 20

Mkelly871
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:33 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Mkelly871 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 3:51 pm

Luskie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:07 pm
Hello again all.

Question regarding facial hair. My interview is coming up next week but I cant seem to find a concrete answer about if a very well kept short beard is acceptable attire for CSC/the interview.

I've seen conflicting answers regarding this; any insight would be helpful.

Thank you.

I went in clean shaven for my interview. In CTP1 they outlined that all staff are required to be clean shaven due to respirator mask seals. When in doubt I would just do it.

SJT - Passed - April 9th

Interview/Drumheller- Passed - June 28th

Reference Check - Passed - September 26th

Psyc/health/security - Pending - September 26th

CTP 1 - Passed - October 29th

CTP 2 - TBA - TBA

CTP 3 - TBA - TBA


Dk94
Rookie Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Dk94 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:08 pm

Luskie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:07 pm
Hello again all.

Question regarding facial hair. My interview is coming up next week but I cant seem to find a concrete answer about if a very well kept short beard is acceptable attire for CSC/the interview.

I've seen conflicting answers regarding this; any insight would be helpful.

Thank you.
When I did my interview I was clean shaven as I don't keep a beard. However, I believe they only grade your oral responses on some sort of scale and pay little mind to dress. A well kept beard wouldn't be an issue.

nc22b
Rookie Member
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby nc22b » Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Received a Solicitation of Interest on November 8th for Kent Institution with CTP 3 starting January 6th in PEI. Confirmed my interest, now fingers crossed for a Conditional Offer !

Andrasta
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed May 29, 2019 6:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Andrasta » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:32 am

Luskie wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:07 pm
Hello again all.

Question regarding facial hair. My interview is coming up next week but I cant seem to find a concrete answer about if a very well kept short beard is acceptable attire for CSC/the interview.

I've seen conflicting answers regarding this; any insight would be helpful.

Thank you.
I interviewed with a well kept beard that is down to my chest. Passed. Received 2 offers thus far.

ygu31
Regular Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby ygu31 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:24 pm

JACX wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:40 pm
Hi,

Has anyone currently received an invitation to CTP 2/3, and had to decline and then had a subsequent invitation?
I declined my first offer and received another one within a few hours
MB Correctional Officer 2014-2018
Ontario Correctional Officer 2018-2019
Federal Correctional officer 2019-present

deluzive
Rookie Member
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:16 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby deluzive » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:12 pm

Hello !
Did anyone received an offer for the Quebec region ?
Qc Region (Bridge)
Applied: 2019/03
REPORT: 2019/05
CFSC/CRFSC : 2019/05
PARE: 2019/08
Psych Eval/Interview: 2019/09-2019/10

Security: Paperwork : 2019/11 Interview : ? Granted: ?
Medical: 2020/02
SLE : 2020/02 – 2020/? X/X/?
OITP:?
Rigaud:?

ygu31
Regular Member
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby ygu31 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:53 pm

nc22b wrote:
Wed Nov 20, 2019 1:01 pm
Received a Solicitation of Interest on November 8th for Kent Institution with CTP 3 starting January 6th in PEI. Confirmed my interest, now fingers crossed for a Conditional Offer !
Congrats :-)
MB Correctional Officer 2014-2018
Ontario Correctional Officer 2018-2019
Federal Correctional officer 2019-present

Dk94
Rookie Member
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:39 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Dk94 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 7:40 pm

Hey all.

I just wrapped up ctp1 in the Pacific region along with fingerprinting. I have my psych and medicals scheduled for next week. I was wondering what people in the region are looking at in terms of receiving the results of the psych assesment. This portion of the process is the most nerve racking for me considering the amount of secrecy and mystery opposed to the transparency is all other aspects of the process so far.


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], SemrushBot and 2 guests