Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
PeddleMama
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby PeddleMama » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:57 pm

Thanks for the info! I was wondering if maybe that made a difference in the speed of the waiting game.
CSC Process
Oct19-Application
Nov19-Exam
Nov19-Interview
Mar20-References
Sept20-Psychological, Security Screening Docs, CTP1
Jan20-Medical and SS Interview
Nov20- Saskatoon Training CTP3

miscaware
Rookie Member

Postby miscaware » Mon Sep 28, 2020 11:16 pm

redemptionmaster wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm
Hey everyone,

I have been given a interest offer to attend training in Abbotsford beginning November 18, 2 weeks prior will be self quarantine. If anyone else is beginning at this time, PM me.
Crossing my fingers hoping that I hear something soon, I completed my final step back in January.. also pacific region

Z42A

Postby Z42A » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:12 am

PeddleMama wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 8:55 pm
For CX or PW?

Do the CXs and PWs go to core together and do same classes? With the difference beginning with the on the job training?
Yes. Generally, the CX/PW recruits train together. The difference comes in with regards to firearms training. As there are no firearms in female institutions, the staff do not receive that training. While the CX recruits are on the range, the PW recruits take Women Centered Training. There are some small other differences, (ie different strikes in baton training) but otherwise it's the exact same course. That, and they graduate with a higher rank and a bigger paycheck.

Kingston is about to resume training. Recruits are on site and almost done isolating.
Matt Chinn, CD
Sergeant Major, Prairie Region Guard of Honour
Staff Training Officer (CX3)
CSC National Satellite Training Academy
Correctional Service of Canada | Government of Canada
matthew.chinn@csc-scc.gc.ca

Virtus autem per scientiam.

Mikeishere
Rookie Member

Postby Mikeishere » Wed Sep 30, 2020 12:24 pm

redemptionmaster wrote:
Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:31 pm
Hey everyone,

I have been given a interest offer to attend training in Abbotsford beginning November 18, 2 weeks prior will be self quarantine. If anyone else is beginning at this time, PM me.
Congratulations!
Will you be training through Christmas? I had assumed that new intakes were finished for 2020 and would resume in January
All the best,
Mike
Applied: 2 Feb 2019
Exam: 3 July 2019
Int: 6 November 19
References: 6 November 19
CTP1: 16 April 20
Fingerprints: 5 March 20
Reliability: 24 March 20
Medical: 26 June 20
Psych Exam: 4 August 20
Psych Int: 28 August 20
First Aid/CPR: 1 October 20

CTP2/3:

Mel1978
Rookie Member

Postby Mel1978 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:57 pm

Yes. Generally, the CX/PW recruits train together. The difference comes in with regards to firearms training. As there are no firearms in female institutions, the staff do not receive that training. While the CX recruits are on the range, the PW recruits take Women Centered Training. There are some small other differences, (ie different strikes in baton training) but otherwise it's the exact same course. That, and they graduate with a higher rank and a bigger paycheck.

Kingston is about to resume training. Recruits are on site and almost done isolating.
[/quote]

Do you expect this will be the last group until after Christmas due to holidays? Is this a new group of recruits or still the ones from before COVID finishing up? I tried emailing Ontario Recruitment to see if I could get an updates on where I was because it will be a year since my psych and test in the next few months and wasn’t sure the regulations with this due to COVID, but unfortunately they didn’t reply, but I’m sure they are very busy and getting lots of emails.
Applied: May 2019
Testing: May 2019
Interview: August 2019
References: August 2019
CTP1: Passed Oct. 2019 & again March 2021
Psych: Nov 2019
Fingerprinting: Oct 2019
Medical: Passed Feb 2020

PeddleMama
Rookie Member

Postby PeddleMama » Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm

Anyone accept any offers this week? :)
CSC Process
Oct19-Application
Nov19-Exam
Nov19-Interview
Mar20-References
Sept20-Psychological, Security Screening Docs, CTP1
Jan20-Medical and SS Interview
Nov20- Saskatoon Training CTP3

Mel1978
Rookie Member

Postby Mel1978 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:34 pm

[/quote]

Hey Matt Chinn,

Do you expect this will be the last group until after Christmas due to holidays? Is this a new group of recruits or still the ones from before COVID finishing up? I tried emailing Ontario Recruitment to see if I could get an update on where I was because it will be a year since my psych and test in the next few months and wasn’t sure the regulations with this due to COVID, but unfortunately they didn’t reply, but I’m sure they are very busy and getting lots of emails.
[/quote]
Applied: May 2019
Testing: May 2019
Interview: August 2019
References: August 2019
CTP1: Passed Oct. 2019 & again March 2021
Psych: Nov 2019
Fingerprinting: Oct 2019
Medical: Passed Feb 2020

TBONE-182
Rookie Member

Postby TBONE-182 » Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:44 pm

PeddleMama wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm

I wish!! playing the waiting game
Pacific Region
Applied June 2020
Online Questionnaire Sept 2020
SJT March 12 2021

redemptionmaster
Rookie Member

Postby redemptionmaster » Fri Oct 02, 2020 7:00 pm

All CX’s who did CTP3 and passed, what would you recommend to ensure success and what are things to watch for while there?

Also, what things will I need to pack and take to CTP3?

Off topic, I’m super excited, can’t stop picturing training and going 10000% in. Even been having dreams at the range using the C8 Carbine. Been listening to Eminem Till I Collapse non-stop, I know no matter I will get through this, might have to call ERT to stop me, jokes, but still have nerves, which is normal.

Any other tips please PM or post, I mean any advice, send away. I take it with an open mind and humble approach.

AdaptOvercome
Rookie Member

CTP-2

Postby AdaptOvercome » Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:18 am

For those that already complete CTP-2 material, how long did it take? I like pre-organization and I’m looking for an estimate on how long it takes to complete.

Thank you.

noanykey

Postby noanykey » Sun Oct 04, 2020 2:42 pm

You can complete CTP2 a day before CTP3 if you want to.

The first few weeks of CTP3 is pretty much going through your CTP2 answers.. Aside from the Law & Policy exam on the first week.
It took me a few weeks, I know some CX that did it in a few days. All depends on how much time you devote to it.
Royal Canadian Marine Search & Rescue
SAR Member

Mikeishere
Rookie Member

Postby Mikeishere » Sun Oct 04, 2020 4:41 pm

PeddleMama wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:25 pm
No offers but I sent an email to recruiting on Thursday to let them know that I completed my First Aid, then they asked if I’d be interested in being considered for the prairie region.
Applied: 2 Feb 2019
Exam: 3 July 2019
Int: 6 November 19
References: 6 November 19
CTP1: 16 April 20
Fingerprints: 5 March 20
Reliability: 24 March 20
Medical: 26 June 20
Psych Exam: 4 August 20
Psych Int: 28 August 20
First Aid/CPR: 1 October 20

CTP2/3:

Dshizzle
Rookie Member

Postby Dshizzle » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 am

Hi, I submitted my application recently and realized that there was no specific section for reference info. Does anyone know if I was supposed to include that in my resume? or will they follow up with my application and ask me to provide them at a later stage?

Thank you for any help!

miscaware
Rookie Member

Postby miscaware » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:34 am

Dshizzle wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 am
Hi, I submitted my application recently and realized that there was no specific section for reference info. Does anyone know if I was supposed to include that in my resume? or will they follow up with my application and ask me to provide them at a later stage?

Thank you for any help!
They will ask for references after you pass your panel interview

Dshizzle
Rookie Member

Postby Dshizzle » Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:41 am

miscaware wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:34 am
Dshizzle wrote:
Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:08 am

Thank you for any help!
They will ask for references after you pass your panel interview
Awesome, thank you for clarification.