Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Charoskh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 pm

Blind_Justice wrote:
Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:04 pm
I applied, received a confirmation letter that my application has been received.. but have not heard from them ever since... it has been almost 10 months now. What should I do?
All you can do is to wait patiently, I also did apply but didn`t even receive a confirmation letter...

nc22b
Rookie Member

Postby nc22b » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:46 am

Charoskh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:55 pm
Blind_Justice wrote:
Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:04 pm
I applied, received a confirmation letter that my application has been received.. but have not heard from them ever since... it has been almost 10 months now. What should I do?
All you can do is to wait patiently, I also did apply but didn`t even receive a confirmation letter...
To those who have applied and are wondering if your application has been retained - if you log into your GC Jobs account and find "My Account", you will find out if your application has been included in inventory under "Status of Applications"

Cheers and good luck !

judahandlion
Rookie Member

Postby judahandlion » Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm

razzmmtazzy wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:50 pm
noanykey wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:49 pm
an attitude like “I’ve got plenty of time” is not what recruiters or potential fellow officers want to hear.
You’ve got quite a long path to go. Im typing this in my bed at ctp3. Once you get here, it only gets harder. You don't get the job til you get the badge.

My advice,
Take what you’re offered, leave the attitude at home. Be proud that you’re serving your country.
I’ve got two strikes. I'm still pushing to succeed and I'm still 100% respectful to everyone.

Good luck!
Very confused as to how you perceive my statement of having lots of time as being disrespectful. You seem to be projecting attitude that does not exist.

Was simply asking a question as to the rate that individuals are placed in the Kingston area, no need to respond in any other way.

..To those who gave me some insight, thank-you!

Gotta love the guy in CTP telling other applicants what recruiters or potential fellow officers are looking for haha. Don't mind him. He's probably just mad cause he's got two strikes already :pistols: :sniper: 88) :alright:

The attitude of "I have lots of time" will serve you well in this career. Much better than coming off as a know it all before one even has the job. Good Luck to you!!

Wristshot
Rookie Member

Postby Wristshot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Edit
Last edited by Wristshot on Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wristshot
Rookie Member

Postby Wristshot » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Wristshot wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:56 pm

Tyler.trenholm
Rookie Member

Postby Tyler.trenholm » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:29 pm

noanykey wrote:
Sun Feb 03, 2019 5:53 pm
Tyler.trenholm wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:08 am
Hey I’m new to the whole thing and just curious if there is any way to practice for the react video part of the testing ? Thank you in advance !
Provincial Corrections are in another thread... Almost scared me to death.
Haha sorry don’t even know why I said that ! I totally meant the situational part of test ? Is there a way to practice that or something out there to buy or read cuz it’s what got me the first round I had no issues with the written part

hibb0015
Rookie Member

Postby hibb0015 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:37 pm

So I got the invitation to CTP2/3 and will be starting in Kingston on September 17th ( offer is for Kent). Can anybody who is currently in CTP3 or who has recently finished provide some/any insight on what to expect?

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:52 am

I applied to the latest posting, and was invited to write the SJT but was unable to make the date. CSC stated the will contact me with an alternative date for testing. If you didn't get an e-mail inviting you to testing they may be collecting more names to schedule other testing dates for the remainder of the applicants.

I doubt I will get a position with CSC as I only indicated I would be willing to work in Ontario but they invited me to testing so that's gotta be good for something LMAO
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

Luskie
Rookie Member

Postby Luskie » Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi all, recently on the forum and this will be my first post. Just curious about the process and my current state in it.

I believe I'm moving through the process quite quickly, I applied for CSC on July 9th, i was invited on the 12th to write the SJT.

I wrote the SJT on the 23rd, I was informed that i passed today (July 25th, with a grade of 141/200)

Bringing me to my question, in the email it states that i have passed the test and the next step is the interview, although i passed i'm not very happy with my score, how common is it for someone to pass the test & not be invited for an interview based solely off the grade.

Second question being: Is this speed normal for the first couple steps, or are they hiring like crazy right now and i'm getting lucky going through so quickly thus far.

Thanks.
CX-01

Applied: 9 July 19
SJT: 23 July 19 (Passed)
Interview: ?

Critical08
Rookie Member

Postby Critical08 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:47 am

Luskie wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:43 pm
Hi all, recently on the forum and this will be my first post. Just curious about the process and my current state in it.

I believe I'm moving through the process quite quickly, I applied for CSC on July 9th, i was invited on the 12th to write the SJT.

I wrote the SJT on the 23rd, I was informed that i passed today (July 25th, with a grade of 141/200)

Bringing me to my question, in the email it states that i have passed the test and the next step is the interview, although i passed i'm not very happy with my score, how common is it for someone to pass the test & not be invited for an interview based solely off the grade.

Second question being: Is this speed normal for the first couple steps, or are they hiring like crazy right now and i'm getting lucky going through so quickly thus far.

Thanks.

I personally know many that have scored lower and were invited to the interview so I wouldn't worry about that. As far as your second question goes, it all depends on where you applied and are willing to go, so everyone's timeline will vary. I know PAC region (Kent) is really hurting for officers.

judahandlion
Rookie Member

Postby judahandlion » Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:15 pm

noanykey wrote:
an attitude like “I’ve got plenty of time” is not what recruiters or potential fellow officers want to hear.
You’ve got quite a long path to go. Im typing this in my bed at ctp3. Once you get here, it only gets harder. You don't get the job til you get the badge.

My advice,
Take what you’re offered, leave the attitude at home. Be proud that you’re serving your country.
I’ve got two strikes. I'm still pushing to succeed and I'm still 100% respectful to everyone.

Good luck!

......strike 3? :wave:

Nicholas1989

Postby Nicholas1989 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:07 pm

Just a quick question. My sister is applying for corrections canada. How many tests are there now as of applicants applying in 2019? Because when I did mine there was like 4-5 back in 2016/2015. The website says two tests has it changed recently?
Applied July 2018
OTEE Sept. 2018
OTEE October 31st PASS! 85%
Candidate Info Package: november 6th 2018
Will Reapply again :mrgreen: GL to all applicants
never give up :thumbsup: -My Dad

Tornelco
Veteran Member

Postby Tornelco » Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:38 pm

Nicholas1989 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:07 pm
Just a quick question. My sister is applying for corrections canada. How many tests are there now as of applicants applying in 2019? Because when I did mine there was like 4-5 back in 2016/2015. The website says two tests has it changed recently?
Just 1 exam. Situational Judgement.

Also, I found the CSC interview to be harder than the CBSA interview.
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

Nicholas1989

Postby Nicholas1989 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:07 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:38 pm
Nicholas1989 wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 6:07 pm
Just 1 exam. Situational Judgement.

Also, I found the CSC interview to be harder than the CBSA interview.
yeah I was frustrated that day. I was also sick had the flu. Whatever question they told me went thru one ear and out the other I was starring at the recruiter with a blank face, she made a joke out of it atleast and we both laughed. Thanks for the answer I hope my sister enjoys corrections for the next 25-30 years as to all of you
Applied July 2018
OTEE Sept. 2018
OTEE October 31st PASS! 85%
Candidate Info Package: november 6th 2018
Will Reapply again :mrgreen: GL to all applicants
never give up :thumbsup: -My Dad

Melanie1
Grand Poobah

Postby Melanie1 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:44 pm

judahandlion wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:15 pm
noanykey wrote:

My advice,

Good luck!

......strike 3? :wave:
Let’s relax.
There is no need for comments.
Have a couple more years in before getting such an attitude to recruits. We usually only take that crap from Floydie and Striker.
CX