Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby BravoZulu » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:30 am

Striker wrote:I found out exactly 9 working days before my ctp started that I had been excepted..

What year was that?

:boxer: :drinking:
“I’m not here to make things better. I’m here to prevent them from getting worse.”

ilikefastinternet
Rookie Member

Postby ilikefastinternet » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:13 pm

Hi.
I was accepted to CTP 3 for Grand Cache for May 20th class. A month before training while doing CTP 2 my grandmother became ill and another family member had a sudden surgery. I emailed recruitment and let them know that I would like to defer until a later time as I couldnt give training 100% mentally or physically during this time. Since I had already signed my letter of offer they said I had to go or self withdraw. I self withdrew

I have re applied as I want the job more than anything. Should I mention in my cover letter anything about this you think? Recruitment said that self withdrawal from a previous selection process wont affect me, but I dont really believe them.

Thanks!

Chillykb19
Rookie Member

Postby Chillykb19 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:42 am

I asked my kids about moving to Drumheller yesterday (we live in Airdrie) just to gauge interest. It's only an hour away and that's not a challenge for them to still visit their mom. Nope. A big negative on the response...so we will definitely stay here and I'll commute.
What kind of experience do current officers have with this commute? Do you end up staying during bad storms or push through on the 72? Just looking for a feel for the drive year-round and to see if there are car-poolers out there as that makes sense too.
CX-1

ilikefastinternet
Rookie Member

Postby ilikefastinternet » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Thanks, I'm just worried they will never look at my application again. I know I'm likely over thinking it.

Kazzif
Rookie Member

Postby Kazzif » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:02 pm

Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and try to make some connections for the August 15th CTP 3 start.
I have conditionally accepted a position in Bowden and really look forward to continuing the process.
Great forum and it has really answered a lot of the questions I had going through this process so far.

If anyone has some advice on picking away at stage 2 and some tips on actually retaining all the info that would be super helpful.
Thanks.
Have a good weekend!

mcam2016
Rookie Member

Postby mcam2016 » Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:24 am

Kazzif wrote:Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and try to make some connections for the August 15th CTP 3 start.
I have conditionally accepted a position in Bowden and really look forward to continuing the process.
Great forum and it has really answered a lot of the questions I had going through this process so far.

If anyone has some advice on picking away at stage 2 and some tips on actually retaining all the info that would be super helpful.
Thanks.
Have a good weekend!

Focus on key terms, take notes and index cards were my life during stage 2 and 3.

Kazzif
Rookie Member

Postby Kazzif » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:12 pm

mcam2016 wrote:
Kazzif wrote:Hey everyone. Just wanted to introduce myself and try to make some connections for the August 15th CTP 3 start.

Thanks.
Have a good weekend!

Focus on key terms, take notes and index cards were my life during stage 2 and 3.

Awesome thanks! I'll make sure I bring some index cards along to stage 3.

ciciojudo
Rookie Member

Postby ciciojudo » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:33 pm

Hello guys,

First time posting. I received my letter of interest on June 28, 2018 for August 22, 2018 training.

Letter of interest was for Kent Institution in BC.

Anyone going on August 22 and/or coming back to Kent? Feel free to PM- maybe meet up before training?

Cheers,
CX

RyanT_44
Rookie Member

Postby RyanT_44 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Hello all,

I have read almost every page on this forum before actually registering.

I just finished my CTP 1, and I am expecting another waiting period until the CTP 2/3 spots open up.

My question is: Does the CSC send emails if you are NOT successful in any stage of the process? The only thing I heard is that they do tell you if you passed/fail a certain test (ie psych, health) but this is not really confirmed? I assume no news is good news in the context of still being in the process?

I just don't want to be in limbo for so long not knowing if they scrapped my application given the long timeframes the CSC has. I know I could call but they specifically asked not to call, heh.

JoshG
Rookie Member

Postby JoshG » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:20 pm

Hi all,

Regarding the psychological assessment, I completed (and passed) one for the CBSA in March. Would I be able to use the results of that assessment for CSC?
Corrections Officer

bcfella
Rookie Member

Postby bcfella » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:56 pm

JoshG wrote:Hi all,

Regarding the psychological assessment, I completed (and passed) one for the CBSA in March. Would I be able to use the results of that assessment for CSC?

Unless it's changed in the last 2 years, I had to do a new psychological assessment than the one I did for cbsa application. Hope this helps.

bcfella
CX 1

fatboy
Rookie Member

Postby fatboy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:07 pm

Enjoy suspensions and no backing from management for doing your job hell yeah :alright: