Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
User avatar
Floydie
Seasoned Member
Posts: 395
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:58 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Floydie » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:08 pm

Chillykb19 wrote:I received a request for a phone interview for the security aspect of things. Is this just a normal part of the process, some clarification? Anyone else who has been through the process...where might this show my position in the process? Any tips as to what to expect would be greatly appreciated. PM if necessary. Thanks in advance and thanks again to everyone posting their experiences on here.


I never had to do that when I went through the process
CX-1 @ Millhaven

RLRae
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby RLRae » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:21 pm

I had that back in January.

They went over my 24 page p.e.q.






Applied June 12 2017
Docs submitted July 4th
Written exam Aug 10
Interview Sept 14
References checked sept/Oct
Psych assessment Dec 8th
Ctp 1 Dec 15-jan
Fingerprinting Feb 5 2018

Azhure
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:16 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Azhure » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Just received an interest for Bowden today. Will be going to Kingston May 30th for CTP.

Critical08
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Critical08 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:48 am

Azhure wrote:Just received an interest for Bowden today. Will be going to Kingston May 30th for CTP.


Congrats! You'll be getting a letter soon

RM75
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:18 pm
Location: Prairies
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby RM75 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:03 pm

I was thrilled to receive interest from the Regional Psychiatric Centre in Saskatoon today, too bad I had to decline. I need to stay in Manitoba. Does anyone know if SMI will be hiring soon?
05 '17 - Applied to CSC
03 '18 - CTP1, medical, fp, ht - Competed
06 '18 - Conditional Letter of Offer, accepted
07 ‘18 - CTP2
08 ‘18 - CTP3

User avatar
Chillykb19
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 12:44 am
Location: Airdrie
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Chillykb19 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:11 pm

Security interview is done. Now I wait for the results of the report. Fingers crossed. Nothing in there I hadn't already told them and I've been completely open.
CX-1

User avatar
BubbaFett
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby BubbaFett » Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:37 pm

RM75 wrote:I was thrilled to receive interest from the Regional Psychiatric Centre in Saskatoon today, too bad I had to decline. I need to stay in Manitoba. Does anyone know if SMI will be hiring soon?

I just received my confirmation of interest for Stony Mountain. CTP May 30th in Kingston.
Applied:Apr16
Interview:Nov16
CTP 1 and Medical:March17 and Mar18
References:Mar17
Fingerprints:Mar17 and Apr18
Psych:Mar17
CTP 2: May18
CTP 3: Kingston 30 May 18

PrairiesCO
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Sep 13, 2016 1:25 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby PrairiesCO » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:01 am

BubbaFett wrote:
RM75 wrote:I was thrilled to receive interest from the Regional Psychiatric Centre in Saskatoon today, too bad I had to decline. I need to stay in Manitoba. Does anyone know if SMI will be hiring soon?

I just received my confirmation of interest for Stony Mountain. CTP May 30th in Kingston.


Congrats!

Stony is a great institution. Are you from Winnipeg? Any questions feel free to PM me.

brendon
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:29 am
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby brendon » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:40 am

Chillykb19 wrote:I received a request for a phone interview for the security aspect of things. Is this just a normal part of the process, some clarification? Anyone else who has been through the process...where might this show my position in the process? Any tips as to what to expect would be greatly appreciated. PM if necessary. Thanks in advance and thanks again to everyone posting their experiences on here.


I had to do that.

The interviewer called to clarify some answers I put on my pre-employment questionnaire. In my case, the questions were all related to family history. The fact that they're calling you instead of shredding your application is a good sign, it means they're interested.

mcritchie89 wrote:I'm based in Calgary so I'm hoping to get either Drumheller, Bowden, or maybe Edmonton max. I ultimately want to be within driving distance to make coming home on my days off worth it. My wife and newborn kid will be staying in Calgary.


I know you mentioned you'd prefer CBSA over CSC and that's understandable but CSC may actually work better for your lifestyle. It sounds like you are not amenable to leaving Alberta and would prefer to stay as close to Calgary as possible. With CSC, that is actually an option because you can choose Alberta only on your application. CBSA from what I understand can post you anywhere in Canada.
CSC

User avatar
BubbaFett
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:28 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby BubbaFett » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:30 pm

PrairiesCO wrote:
BubbaFett wrote:
RM75 wrote:I was thrilled to receive interest from the Regional Psychiatric Centre in Saskatoon today, too bad I had to decline. I need to stay in Manitoba. Does anyone know if SMI will be hiring soon?

I just received my confirmation of interest for Stony Mountain. CTP May 30th in Kingston.


Congrats!

Stony is a great institution. Are you from Winnipeg? Any questions feel free to PM me.



Thanks. I live in Winnipeg. If I have any questions, I will be sure to send you a PM. Thanks for the offer. I am pretty excited, and I hope some more people on this board get their good news as well.
Applied:Apr16
Interview:Nov16
CTP 1 and Medical:March17 and Mar18
References:Mar17
Fingerprints:Mar17 and Apr18
Psych:Mar17
CTP 2: May18
CTP 3: Kingston 30 May 18

Parenteau97
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Parenteau97 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:11 pm

Hey all, I just received my letter of interest for Drumheller Institution, training on May 30th in Kingston. I’m hoping some other people have also got offered Drumheller as I’m from Winnipeg and will be seeking a roommate! I can’t wait for training !

soccer213
Rookie Member
Posts: 0
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:20 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby soccer213 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:40 pm

Hello All

I just did my interview 2 days ago and I got an email today saying I failed my interview. There is a new selection process that has been extended. Am i able to apply to a different selection process right away or do I have to wait 180 days even if it is different from the process I failed? Please let me know thanks

Herb Powell
Regular Member
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:38 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Herb Powell » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:00 pm

soccer213 wrote:Hello All

I just did my interview 2 days ago and I got an email today saying I failed my interview. There is a new selection process that has been extended. Am i able to apply to a different selection process right away or do I have to wait 180 days even if it is different from the process I failed? Please let me know thanks


Wait the 180 days as advised.
Also, no need to start a new thread to address your concern. The process can be long. Patience will go a long way.

Good Luck.

Critical08
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:52 pm
Contact:

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Critical08 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Tine to start ordering uniforms... Any tips? Do people measure on themselves or get a tailor to do it?


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Slovak4188 and 2 guests