Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Nudge
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Nudge » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:41 pm

FedCO wrote:
snow319 wrote:To all my chilliwack groupies when he called today from hr he said he should be sending out the binders Monday if not Tuesday the latest! Our uniform sign in, to logisticorp should be out today sometime to order uniforms ..... That's what I got from him!
See you all soon

Logistik are brutal, make sure you get someone who can properly measure you! Oh also don't gain weight on core, so easy to do! Next thing you know its OJT time and your vest doesn't fit!

I'm still waiting for the jacket. It was ordered over 3 months ago. I'm in OJT now...... :roll:

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:30 pm

Gaoler wrote:
Striker wrote:
FedCO wrote:[
Logistik are brutal, make sure you get someone who can properly measure you! Oh also don't gain weight on core, so easy to do! Next thing you know its OJT time and your vest doesn't fit!

they can be brutal to get the proper fitting uniform...I suggest studying their size chart before you order anything. Pants seem to be the worst as they go by the "out seam" measurment. I'm 6"4" and after getting several pairs of pants that look like shorts I ordered the longest ones they had in my waist size and had them hemmed.

are the keepers' shirts from logistics? theirs look like they were made in china.....and still better quality than logistics! :cuss:

They use to be made by your grand parents! HIOOOOH. No seriously they were made in like Taiwan,etc. Hopefully, they will improve quality. I would like to see our patches thicker and better quality and just better dyes used in the blue to keep it from fading!

Gaoler
Grand Poobah

Postby Gaoler » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:34 pm

yup. the dye "dies' really quickly. and the patches should be thicker with thicker threads. my old ones were great. maybe csc needs some groupons!
Gaoler

snow319
Rookie Member

Postby snow319 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:07 pm

Do you order your vest and gloves from the logistocorp or is that local issued kit?

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:17 pm

Striker wrote:they can be brutal to get the proper fitting uniform...I suggest studying their size chart before you order anything. Pants seem to be the worst as they go by the "out seam" measurment. I'm 6"4" and after getting several pairs of pants that look like shorts I ordered the longest ones they had in my waist size and had them hemmed.

Any other suggestions/tips Striker?...I'm roughly that size as well ;)
CX-1 @ Millhaven

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 pm

snow319 wrote:To all my chilliwack groupies when he called today from hr he said he should be sending out the binders Monday if not Tuesday the latest! Our uniform sign in, to logisticorp should be out today sometime to order uniforms ..... That's what I got from him!
See you all soon

Snow, I got a call today and was told we'll be flying out on the 22nd and will most likely catch a connecting flight at YYZ (where a bunch of us will meet up) and then we need to cab-it from Abby to Chilliwack.
CX-1 @ Millhaven

bluebanana
Rookie Member

Postby bluebanana » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:05 pm

I have decided to apply to CSC after meeting with a recruiter recently. Yes I have read the thread and search using key words for answers to my questions. The recruiter stated that I would receive a letter in snail mail if I am eligible for employment. I read on here that email is the obvious form of communication if you are to proceed with your application. Could the recruiter have meant that if I am not selected into the pool of candidates that I would receive notice of such in the mail?? Any insight is welcomed. My application status is currently "results available: included in inventory", does this mean that I have met the basic requirements and I am now awaiting for further progress?? or is this standard for all who apply? I do realize the obvious no word means no job, but does one receive notification if they are rejected?

BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Postby BravoZulu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Floydie88 wrote:BZ if I'm coming all the way out to your neck of the woods then at least come and say hi ;)

Oh I have a feeling we'll be running into each other...just not during regularly scheduled daytime events.

BZ
“I’m not here to make things better. I’m here to prevent them from getting worse.”

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:15 pm

BravoZulu wrote:Oh I have a feeling we'll be running into each other...just not during regularly scheduled daytime events.

BZ

Right on :thumbsup:
CX-1 @ Millhaven

eastcoastlife
Rookie Member

Postby eastcoastlife » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:18 pm

evening everyone,

I have a question, I applied for a specific competition number ending in 30 back in December for PW. I have just finished stage 1 of CTP yesterday.
Today I noticed a job ad for PW and in it it says:
Please note that if you applied to the following Primary Worker/Kimisinaw process(es): PEN12J-010820-000022 and/or PEN13J-011138-000030, you will need to reapply to be considered. If you were successful your results will remain valid and will be applied to the current process, and you will not be re-tested.

I am a bit confused here - do I need to reapply for PW? I was invited to stage 1 approx. 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, and finished yesterday (under the original comp number ending in 30). It seems I am still going through the process, so if my comp number is no longer valid, wouldn't someone (recruitment?) have informed me of this?

here is the link: https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... psrsMode=1

any help would be appreciated... :ponder:
Saskatchewan

BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Postby BravoZulu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:29 pm

eastcoastlife wrote:evening everyone,

I have a question, I applied for a specific competition number ending in 30 back in December for PW. I have just finished stage 1 of CTP yesterday.
Today I noticed a job ad for PW and in it it says:
Please note that if you applied to the following Primary Worker/Kimisinaw process(es): PEN12J-010820-000022 and/or PEN13J-011138-000030, you will need to reapply to be considered. If you were successful your results will remain valid and will be applied to the current process, and you will not be re-tested.

I am a bit confused here - do I need to reapply for PW? I was invited to stage 1 approx. 2 and 1/2 weeks ago, and finished yesterday (under the original comp number ending in 30). It seems I am still going through the process, so if my comp number is no longer valid, wouldn't someone (recruitment?) have informed me of this?

here is the link: https://emploisfp-psjobs.cfp-psc.gc.ca/ ... psrsMode=1

any help would be appreciated... :ponder:

If you are doing stage one you are on CTP and shouldn't need to re-apply. Were there hundreds of email addresses attached to this? If so it's probably a generic email that went to all applicants from the pool. If it only came to you then I would contact recruiting immediately as it could be an oversight. They won't consider you a bug if you're on CTP and you contact them, they will be there to help you.

BZ
“I’m not here to make things better. I’m here to prevent them from getting worse.”

eastcoastlife
Rookie Member

Postby eastcoastlife » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:38 pm

Hi BZ,

this is not an email - it was a recent job ad for PW I came across on the web. I didn't recieve any emails - I just found it strange that this recent job ad is stating that my comp number is no good anymore and need to reapply to this most recent ad.

Okay, another question: once you complete stage 1 of CTP should you be getting some kind of confirmation via email?
Saskatchewan

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:42 pm

snow319 wrote:Do you order your vest and gloves from the logistocorp or is that local issued kit?

You should be sized up for your vest at the start of core, and hopefully it shows up before you graduate! :smirk: Gloves seem to be either on core (like mine) or when you get to your institution for OJT.
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Postby BravoZulu » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:42 pm

eastcoastlife wrote:Hi BZ,

this is not an email - it was a recent job ad for PW I came across on the web. I didn't recieve any emails - I just found it strange that this recent job ad is stating that my comp number is no good anymore and need to reapply to this most recent ad.

Okay, another question: once you complete stage 1 of CTP should you be getting some kind of confirmation via email?

Oh Ok. Sorry I must've read your post too quickly. I would not worry at all. You are on CTP and if you pass all stages you will be a PW.

Almost all postings that come out say that exact same thing....if you were in post "X" it is no longer applicable and you need to apply to posting "Y" if you want to be considered...or whatever the wording is.

You're good my friend.

BZ