Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
FedCO
King Poobah

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby FedCO » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:46 pm

Striker wrote:
FedCO wrote:
5 years later and I still feel like I got short changed on core. I envy all you who get to attend Depot. Enjoy! Make us proud!

call me at work tonite and I'll scream at you about dirty boots, wrinkly uniform, a messy bed..tell you to press down on your thumbs to take the bends out of your elbows when you march..then I will send you a bill for $500. :smirk:

Lol, love it.

TysonnMB
Rookie Member

Postby TysonnMB » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:51 pm

Hello to all!

I just want to chime in and thank everyone for all their contributions to this forum!
Huge asset to me throughout my application and stages, Top notch needless to say.

I recently got invited to start stage 3 at Depot in Regina for April 2nd and just received my Binder today.
Will be working in Prince Albert, Sask. at the Saskatchewan Penitentiary if all goes well. So if there's any other recruits heading up there after CTP 3 i'd be happy to get acquainted.

Thank you once again to all those who have shared all this valuable information.

Loganl
Rookie Member

Postby Loganl » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:13 pm

TysonnMB wrote:Hello to all!

I just want to chime in and thank everyone for all their contributions to this forum!
Huge asset to me throughout my application and stages, Top notch needless to say.

I recently got invited to start stage 3 at Depot in Regina for April 2nd and just received my Binder today.
Will be working in Prince Albert, Sask. at the Saskatchewan Penitentiary if all goes well. So if there's any other recruits heading up there after CTP 3 i'd be happy to get acquainted.

Thank you once again to all those who have shared all this valuable information.

Hello! I recieved my binder today too! See you in Regina. Feel free to send me a pm

snow319
Rookie Member

Postby snow319 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:16 pm

I know they give you 2-4 weeks for the binder in stage 2. just wondering how long it took most people. Stage one is like 6 weeks but didn't take no where near as long!

KXS
Rookie Member

Postby KXS » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:40 pm

Two quick questions for those willing to add their .02c.
For all of you guys/gals heading to Depot, how long was it between finishing Stage 1 and receiving your binder for Stage 2?
Secondly, was everyone emailed or mailed their CLO/ notification of moving on to Stage 2/3?

Thanks all!

Loganl
Rookie Member

Postby Loganl » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:18 pm

KXS wrote:Two quick questions for those willing to add their .02c.
For all of you guys/gals heading to Depot, how long was it between finishing Stage 1 and receiving your binder for Stage 2?
Secondly, was everyone emailed or mailed their CLO/ notification of moving on to Stage 2/3?

Thanks all!

I believe my finishing date for stage one was January 7th. I recieved an email confirming I passed stage 1 on the 10th of January and an email was sent to confirm my interest for participation of stage 2 and 3 on February 12. I know my wait time was much shorter than other candidates. I wish you the best

scubachickie
Rookie Member

Postby scubachickie » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:31 pm

KXS wrote:Two quick questions for those willing to add their .02c.

Thanks all!

My wait was about 2 months and I got an email then a phone call. :D
"There are people that put their lives in harms way every day. It's not something they DO, it's something they ARE".

Tkaey89
Rookie Member

Postby Tkaey89 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:15 pm

I received my initial conditional letter of employment a week after I received my stage one completion confirmation email. Everything so far for me has been communicated through email except my travel arrangements. Very quick.

Received my stage two binder today start training in depot April 2.

snow319
Rookie Member

Postby snow319 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:03 am

I finished stage one in Nov and just got my CLO yesterday, but I also only picked one place of employment. I never gave three options just the one! I was told that will slow it down somewhat but at least you get a what you like hopefully, not always!

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:44 am

I received/replied to an email last week soliciting my interest in working at Saskatchewan Penitentiary. Conditional Letter will hopefully be at my door this week. I completed Stage 1 just before Christmas.
CX-1 @ Millhaven

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:34 am

Floydie88 wrote:I received/replied to an email last week soliciting my interest in working at Saskatchewan Penitentiary. Conditional Letter will hopefully be at my door this week. I completed Stage 1 just before Christmas.

what did you do when you competed stage 1? Wait for email for stage 2?

Floydie
Seasoned Member

Postby Floydie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:41 am

FedCO wrote:what did you do when you competed stage 1? Wait for email for stage 2?

After completing Stage 1, I received an email acknowledging my completion and stating that upon completion of the psychological evaluations (which took place after Stage 1) I would be placed in the pool of qualified candidates. At the beginning of February, I emailed Recruitment asking if they received the psych results, to which they replied no. Last Thursday I recieved an email from the Prairies Recruitment, stating that I had completed all necessary testing and asking if I would like a posting with Saskatchewan Penitentiary, as well as giving dates for Stages 2 & 3 (no location though). I had applied for two CX-1 postings (Grande Chache and National) but was never given the option of a "top three choices". Needless to say, I was quite surprised and very excited to receive that email and am eagerly watching my mail for the promised Conditional Letter. It will be quite a change going from Ontario to Prince Albert, but my wife and I have talked and prayed hard about it and we are both excited for this opportunity :D
CX-1 @ Millhaven

Tkaey89
Rookie Member

Postby Tkaey89 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:49 am

Floydie88 wrote:
FedCO wrote:what did you do when you competed stage 1? Wait for email for stage 2?

After completing Stage 1, I received an email acknowledging my completion and stating that upon completion of the psychological evaluations (which took place after Stage 1) I would be placed in the pool of qualified candidates. At the beginning of February, I emailed Recruitment asking if they received the psych results, to which they replied no. Last Thursday I recieved an email from the Prairies Recruitment, stating that I had completed all necessary testing and asking if I would like a posting with Saskatchewan Penitentiary, as well as giving dates for Stages 2 & 3 (no location though). I had applied for two CX-1 postings (Grande Chache and National) but was never given the option of a "top three choices". Needless to say, I was quite surprised and very excited to receive that email and am eagerly watching my mail for the promised Conditional Letter. It will be quite a change going from Ontario to Prince Albert, but my wife and I have talked and prayed hard about it and we are both excited for this opportunity :D

Your conditional letter may come by email as mine did and I just had to sign it and send it back via fax.

Congrats!

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:13 pm

Floydie88 wrote:

Buddy of mine has done everything and is sitting in the pool. Yet a girl in his class who applied later has already been given the go to core. I know this is random process.

scubachickie
Rookie Member

Postby scubachickie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:19 pm

After completing Stage 1, I received an email acknowledging my completion and stating that upon completion of the psychological evaluations (which took place after Stage 1) I would be placed in the pool of qualified candidates. At the beginning of February, I emailed Recruitment asking if they received the psych results, to which they replied no. Last Thursday I recieved an email from the Prairies Recruitment, stating that I had completed all necessary testing and asking if I would like a posting with Saskatchewan Penitentiary, as well as giving dates for Stages 2 & 3 (no location though). I had applied for two CX-1 postings (Grande Chache and National) but was never given the option of a "top three choices". Needless to say, I was quite surprised and very excited to receive that email and am eagerly watching my mail for the promised Conditional Letter. It will be quite a change going from Ontario to Prince Albert, but my wife and I have talked and prayed hard about it and we are both excited for this opportunity :D[/quote]

Congratulations!!! :D
"There are people that put their lives in harms way every day. It's not something they DO, it's something they ARE".