Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
guelph
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby guelph » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:10 pm

fwt2 wrote:Anyone applied for Primary Work CX 02 for Kitchener?

I applied for Kitchener. Also did my psych test last week in T.O.

scubachickie
Rookie Member

Postby scubachickie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:41 pm

ccamer23 wrote:Congrats to everyone receiving invites to Stages 2-3!

I JUST received my binder/materials for Stage 2 today. LOTS of stuff here. :)

PM sent to you.
"There are people that put their lives in harms way every day. It's not something they DO, it's something they ARE".

scubachickie
Rookie Member

Postby scubachickie » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:46 pm

MedTech wrote:
scubachickie wrote:
TheFNG wrote:Hello Blueliners

Long time creeper first time posting. Just got the offer today for CTP in Saskatoon in the new year, then off to Abbotsford. Gotta say thx to everybody that helps us applicants in the process with our questions. Anybody else going to Saskatoon or Abbotsford??

Congrats! Are you going to Matsqui Institute or Pacific Regional Institute after training? Both of these are in the same city / property.

It is an INSTITUTION it is NOT an INSTITUTE. This is NOT a place for higher learning no matter what some people might think.

Thank you...... it has been fixed. The next thing you know, I'll be showing up at work in BLACK socks!!!! :banghead: lol!!!
"There are people that put their lives in harms way every day. It's not something they DO, it's something they ARE".

D-Fry
Rookie Member

Postby D-Fry » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:08 pm

MedTech wrote:
D-Fry wrote:
MedTech wrote:It is an INSTITUTION it is NOT an INSTITUTE. This is NOT a place for higher learning no matter what some people might think.

Depends where you work, I guess :smirk:

O...k?

PW sarcasm ...
Suum Cuique

Sejo87
Rookie Member

Postby Sejo87 » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:06 pm

I had no idea about the Blue Socks, cool stuff.

kevonious
Rookie Member

Postby kevonious » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:38 pm

When is the next intake?

Hendricks1287
Rookie Member

Postby Hendricks1287 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Got my uniform ordered and working my way through CTP2! There is a considerable amount to get through here! The Swat boots I ordered are on backorder until February :cuss: Anyone wear Magnums? Are they any good? I would hope so for $200...

Anyone else starting CTP3 in Kingston on Jan 13?
Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist

imascott
Rookie Member

Postby imascott » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:53 pm

I personally wore the Magnums for a year and had no really big issues but they are only designed as a boot/runner. They fall apart quick but there is no break in period. I personally dont think they are $200 worthy.
Sometimes... you get on here, and just know, you're dealing with "that guy." All your efforts to be, and sound reasonable, are useless. And there are a lot of those guys on blueline.

warp_spyder
Rookie Member

Postby warp_spyder » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:17 pm

I've been waiting for my psych results for over a month now. Is that normal? Last thing I did was talk to the psychiatrist. Anyone else still waiting?

Herb Powell

Postby Herb Powell » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:48 pm

Last edited by Herb Powell on Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

warp_spyder
Rookie Member

Postby warp_spyder » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:14 pm

Herb Powell wrote:
warp_spyder wrote:I've been waiting for my psych results for over a month now. Is that normal? Last thing I did was talk to the psychiatrist. Anyone else still waiting?

What region are you in? I just received official word from CSC earlier today that I meet the psychological requirements.

I'm in Ottawa. I did my psych in Kingston a long time ago. Maybe even 2 months now. Every time I email them they say they are awaiting results.

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:44 pm

warp_spyder wrote:I've been waiting for my psych results for over a month now. Is that normal? Last thing I did was talk to the psychiatrist. Anyone else still waiting?

Learning to be patient is key for this process and working for CSC in general. We live by "hurry up and wait".
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

Gaoler
Grand Poobah

Postby Gaoler » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:55 pm

warp_spyder wrote:
Herb Powell wrote:

What region are you in? I just received official word from CSC earlier today that I meet the psychological requirements.

I'm in Ottawa. I did my psych in Kingston a long time ago. Maybe even 2 months now. Every time I email them they say they are awaiting results.

2 months is not a long time.
Gaoler

Regnal
Rookie Member

Postby Regnal » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:59 pm

imascott wrote:I personally wore the Magnums for a year and had no really big issues but they are only designed as a boot/runner. They fall apart quick but there is no break in period. I personally dont think they are $200 worthy.

As a military member, we go through a lot of boots. We live in them to say the least. Ones I have found the best are Gor-Tex brand.
Troop 6

snow319
Rookie Member

Postby snow319 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:06 pm

I Agree we do live in our boots, I use the gortex SWAT and there nice and light. A little expensive but make sure there breath able as you may spend 16 hours in them and some boots get pretty sweaty!