Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
scubachickie
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby scubachickie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 am

So, totally off topic here but since moving to BC, I've become a little "sensitive" to cold weather. With that said, going back to Saskatchewan for training is going to be interesting. Does anyone know if the muskrat hat is issued as a standard piece of an Officers kit for everyone or would that be something that only a Prairie Region Officer receive?

Thanks.
"There are people that put their lives in harms way every day. It's not something they DO, it's something they ARE".

BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Postby BravoZulu » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:23 am

scubachickie wrote:So, totally off topic here but since moving to BC, I've become a little "sensitive" to cold weather. With that said, going back to Saskatchewan for training is going to be interesting. Does anyone know if the muskrat hat is issued as a standard piece of an Officers kit for everyone or would that be something that only a Prairie Region Officer receive?

Thanks.

It's standard issue across the country.

BZ
“I’m not here to make things better. I’m here to prevent them from getting worse.”

scubachickie
Rookie Member

Postby scubachickie » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:40 am

BravoZulu wrote:
scubachickie wrote:So, totally off topic here but since moving to BC, I've become a little "sensitive" to cold weather. With that said, going back to Saskatchewan for training is going to be interesting. Does anyone know if the muskrat hat is issued as a standard piece of an Officers kit for everyone or would that be something that only a Prairie Region Officer receive?

Thanks.

BZ

Thank you!!
"There are people that put their lives in harms way every day. It's not something they DO, it's something they ARE".

ccamer23
Rookie Member

Postby ccamer23 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:06 pm

RE: http://www.cbc.ca/thesundayedition/essa ... s-essay-9/

Just curious if any current CO has thoughts on this?

Specifically, "Conditions are so bad inside our prisons that the chance of a riot similar to the 1971 riot at Kingston Penitentiary is a possibility."

Thanks! :) Insder perspetive is most valuable to me!

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:27 pm

ccamer23 wrote:RE: http://www.cbc.ca/thesundayedition/essa ... s-essay-9/

Just curious if any current CO has thoughts on this?

Specifically, "Conditions are so bad inside our prisons that the chance of a riot similar to the 1971 riot at Kingston Penitentiary is a possibility."

Thanks! :) Insder perspetive is most valuable to me!

Since this thread is searchable by public access and means, you'll find very few officers who'll actually comment on this openly... once you get in make up your own mind.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

NatoBro
Veteran Member

Postby NatoBro » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:59 pm

Striker wrote:
BravoZulu wrote:

Thanks.

BZ

and I have yet to see anyone that looks good wearing one. :shock:

I wear one all the time during the cold season. :D It's not a fashion show in there! It's about comfort. :thumbsup:
"Dis asswhoop'n aint fake."

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:33 pm

NatoBro wrote:and I have yet to see anyone that looks good wearing one. :shock:

I wear one all the time during the cold season. :D It's not a fashion show in there! It's about comfort. :thumbsup:[/quote]

He just hasn't seen me rock my comrade commissar hat yet. *insert glorious patriotic male choir vocals here*
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

Seviir
Rookie Member

Postby Seviir » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:30 pm

Striker wrote:
BravoZulu wrote:

Thanks.

BZ

Works great for shoveling the driveway haha!

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:11 pm

Seviir wrote:
Striker wrote:quote="scubachickie"]So, totally off topic here but since moving to BC, I've become a little "sensitive" to cold weather. With that said, going back to Saskatchewan for training is going to be interesting. Does anyone know if the muskrat hat is issued as a standard piece of an Officers kit for everyone or would that be something that only a Prairie Region Officer receive?

Works great for shoveling the driveway haha!
[/quote]

Makes great xmas gifts including the santa gloves!

Hendricks1287
Rookie Member

Postby Hendricks1287 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:07 am

Very happy to announce that I am starting CTP in Kingston on January 14! From Kingston, I'll be heading to Sask Pen, if all works out for the best. Now to get the move done, the stuff stored, and the journey started.
Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist

scubachickie
Rookie Member

Postby scubachickie » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:12 am

Hendricks1287 wrote:Very happy to announce that I am starting CTP in Kingston on January 14! From Kingston, I'll be heading to Sask Pen, if all works out for the best. Now to get the move done, the stuff stored, and the journey started.

Congratulations!!! :D

smarshall
Grand Poobah

Postby smarshall » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:30 am

fur hat was replace by a toque with a cloth csc badge sewn on