Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
dubzz24
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby dubzz24 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:50 pm

peachez26 wrote: I totally agree with you. But i have made it that far only to sit in limbo as most pools are over crowded and even if your one of the top candidates you are pushed aside for the simplest technicality. Assume what you like , but i know that i am a damn good candidate but luck is not really on my side.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say that you're being "pushed aside" for a simple technicality? Did you go to CTP and not make it? From your posts it sounds like you're still in the pool waiting for a conditional offer.
CSC - Correctional Officer

peachez26
Rookie Member

Postby peachez26 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 8:36 am

dubzz24 wrote:
peachez26 wrote: I totally agree with you. But i have made it that far only to sit in limbo as most pools are over crowded and even if your one of the top candidates you are pushed aside for the simplest technicality. Assume what you like , but i know that i am a damn good candidate but luck is not really on my side.

Just out of curiosity, what do you mean when you say that you're being "pushed aside" for a simple technicality? Did you go to CTP and not make it? From your posts it sounds like you're still in the pool waiting for a conditional offer.

Still waiting for a conditional offer

HTP
Rookie Member

Postby HTP » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:01 am

Did anybody out in for the Saskatchewan positions that was just posted?
POLICE OFFICERS: Because firefighters need heros

dubzz24
Rookie Member

Postby dubzz24 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:43 pm

peachez26 wrote:
dubzz24 wrote:

Still waiting for a conditional offer

Still not sure what you mean by being pushed aside then. If you don't want to post details you can feel free to message me. Cheers.
CSC - Correctional Officer

Progopod
Rookie Member

Postby Progopod » Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:53 pm

-------
Last edited by Progopod on Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

JBNL
Rookie Member

Postby JBNL » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:48 pm

Progopod wrote:I applied to the Prairies/Pacific posting that closed on Monday and received an e-mail saying my application had been referred for assessment and was sent the pre-employment questionnaire.
Is this pretty much an automated thing that most applicants get right away or should I take this as a good sign? I'm figure it's probably automated. Anyone else get this e-mail?

I got it this evening :)

prostagma
Rookie Member

Postby prostagma » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:02 pm

JBNL wrote:
Progopod wrote:I applied to the Prairies/Pacific posting that closed on Monday and received an e-mail saying my application had been referred for assessment and was sent the pre-employment questionnaire.
Is this pretty much an automated thing that most applicants get right away or should I take this as a good sign? I'm figure it's probably automated. Anyone else get this e-mail?

I got it this evening :)

I received it as well.

Rc1
Rookie Member

Postby Rc1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:35 pm

I got the same email as well. It looks like a PBQ from the RCMP!
I just read all through 405 pages of the posted information and researched a ton about corrections canada. Definitely a tough but rewarding career.

HTP
Rookie Member

Postby HTP » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:12 am

Got the smae one, filled it in, sent out this morning

Mozer
Rookie Member

Postby Mozer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:21 am

It's a good sign. Based on the information you provide on it, you will likely get called for the in-house testing. Good luck and be patient!! Been 16 months and I only just got my conditional offer a week ago, heading to CTP for March 18. Definitely a long haul. Just gotta work through each stage as it comes, then totally forget about it until the next stage comes.

snow319
Rookie Member

Postby snow319 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:54 pm

Just wondering if anyone had a rough idea on what the frist two test entail. \i know, no details just a rough over view and any tips to prepare.

Thanks
Good luck to all

HTP
Rookie Member

Postby HTP » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:42 pm

Could be wrong, but I think one test is written and one is a observation test

snow319
Rookie Member

Postby snow319 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:02 pm

An Oservation test, if you could explain a little more on that one

Thanks

Mozer
Rookie Member

Postby Mozer » Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:12 pm

snow319 wrote:An Oservation test, if you could explain a little more on that one

Thanks

They show you a video and you write what you observe. You need to gather important details from the video

snow319
Rookie Member

Postby snow319 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:36 pm

Thanks for that and the wrtten test, again jsut a broad idea. Dont expect the details

thanks
scott