Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
hopingwaitingwanting
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby hopingwaitingwanting » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:04 am

Is it true that CSC does not run Stage 2 or 3 during the month of December? Meaning that there are no mid October through December starts.

Thanks

PaladinPup

Postby PaladinPup » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:51 am

hopingwaitingwanting wrote:Is it true that CSC does not run Stage 2 or 3 during the month of December? Meaning that there are no mid October through December starts.

Thanks

They have in the past. That may have changed recently.

PP
Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim
(Be patient and tough; one day this pain will be useful to you)
- Ovid

salsun
Rookie Member

Postby salsun » Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:57 am

hopingwaitingwanting wrote:Is it true that CSC does not run Stage 2 or 3 during the month of December? Meaning that there are no mid October through December starts.

Thanks

no, meaning it still run. hurry up and wait.
Last edited by salsun on Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

darwin
Rookie Member

Postby darwin » Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:03 am

After the interview for CX, how long did it take for references or the gong letter to come in the mail?

It has been a couple weeks, but when I interviewed for CPO it all took four days or so.

CJ20
Rookie Member

Postby CJ20 » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:13 am

Thanks

Well I start my stage 3 oct 16 and it runs to dec 19 for Primary Worker

hopingwaitingwanting
Rookie Member

Postby hopingwaitingwanting » Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:36 am

CJ20 wrote:

Thanks

Well I start my stage 3 oct 16 and it runs to dec 19 for Primary Worker

And stage 2 is 2 weeks right? I am kinda of hoping the "hurry up and wait" is true in my case and I don't start until the New Year.... have exciting plans in October :)

ADM
Rookie Member

Postby ADM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi All,

My first time posting. I have recently applied for a PW position in the latest competition. I just checked the application status today, and it says: "Your application has been referred for a more in-depth review. You will be contacted directly if you are to be assessed further." Is this positive?

Thanks!

Brown Conservative
Rookie Member

Postby Brown Conservative » Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:59 pm

ADM wrote:Hi All,

My first time posting. I have recently applied for a PW position in the latest competition. I just checked the application status today, and it says: "Your application has been referred for a more in-depth review. You will be contacted directly if you are to be assessed further." Is this positive?

Thanks!

Yes, you have been screened in by the public service and now your file will be sent to the agency for further assessment. You may or may not be contacted (probably yes) but now it is up to CSC to decide how to proceed regarding testing/qualifications/formal assessment.

ADM
Rookie Member

Postby ADM » Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:53 pm

Thanks for the reply! I assumed that it's a good sign, however I'm sure that it will be a while until I hear anything back again. I'm hoping that it won't be a year...

Any suggestions/recommendations on who to contact to check-in regarding the process? I've emailed the recruiters from various regions, but I'm not sure if they're who I should be contacting. Any other PWs on this forum?

Thanks again! :)

noob01
Rookie Member

Postby noob01 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:30 am

Did my medical last week!!! await I do.....
KCCO

BigBuck
Veteran Member

Postby BigBuck » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:02 am

ADM wrote:Thanks for the reply! I assumed that it's a good sign, however I'm sure that it will be a while until I hear anything back again. I'm hoping that it won't be a year...

Any suggestions/recommendations on who to contact to check-in regarding the process? I've emailed the recruiters from various regions, but I'm not sure if they're who I should be contacting. Any other PWs on this forum?

Relax. Stop e-mailing people. I went through an extremely fast process web hired, and I didn't hear back for 3 months that I had been referred for an interview, then the interview was 3 months after that. I've yet to speak to someone who's experience was quicker than mine (I'm sure there's a lot) but from application time, to my first pay cheque, was 12 months to the day. If you hit 6 months? Then maybe call someone.

CJ20
Rookie Member

Postby CJ20 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 4:32 pm

BigBuck wrote:
ADM wrote:Thanks for the reply! I assumed that it's a good sign, however I'm sure that it will be a while until I hear anything back again. I'm hoping that it won't be a year...

Relax. Stop e-mailing people. I went through an extremely fast process web hired, and I didn't hear back for 3 months that I had been referred for an I interview, then the interview was 3 months after that. I've yet to speak to someone who's experience was quicker than mine (I'm sure there's a lot) but from application time, to my first pay cheque, was 12 months to the day. If you hit 6 months? Then maybe call someone.

I just got hired as a PW and start CTP. Process took me an entire year. What I found out its more of a they'll call you. No need to email. And your emailing regions. That's pointless. The time between applying and writing the exam could be like 4 months.

milse
Rookie Member

Postby milse » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:18 pm

Hey everybody, sorry I made a seperate thread about this but realize it could also be appropriate in this thread

I wonder if anyone has been through the parole officer testing process before? My GF tested back in March, but failed one component of the test, when she received the email telling her this it said Test date: March 23, retest date: Sept 19 (this was back in about May)

Since then she has not heard anything, she has emailed and called in the past couple weeks only to get no response to her email and left a message that was not returned via phone

It did not give her a time or place if her testing was Sept 19, she isn't sure if it's an eligibility to retest date though?

Should she show up to the same place? Assuming she is unable to contact them in the next 2 days?

GeeGee
Rookie Member

Postby GeeGee » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:48 pm

has anyone heard anything about CPO competition? any updates?
would be nice to know where people stand.
cheers

MB_CVE
Veteran Member

Postby MB_CVE » Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:56 am

CPO Applicant deployment will be dependent on institutional need. If you selected a location where there is a need to fill positions, you could be hearing something in the near future.

*Educated guess*
Subordinate.