Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Langley
Rookie Member

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby Langley » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:19 am

CJ20 wrote:I see that a few people on here will be starting their CPT's as CX-1's. Any Primary Workers get invited to start CTP as well? Apparently Prairie Region is the only region hiring PW's in the summer.

I sent an email to a nice lady at the recruitment office in BC and she suggested that hiring for primary workers would not be likely for another 18 to 24 mos, this was back in may, and that no pw training was scheduled in the near future or any significant hiring for bc. My status in the pool of partially qualified has been extended, so I am hoping that things change by next march....very optimistic...

Missfitlissa
Rookie Member

Postby Missfitlissa » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:41 am

Within this process, you might as well stay positive. I had my first PW interview 2.5 years ago - all references were checked, and I was put in a pool.. Same with a Cx-1 posting last year. Both pools expired, and this year I got to go through the same process all over again- this time having to do the WPTC, but at least making it to level one. Might as well stay positive than get all worked up. It will all be worth it in the end :)
PW
WPTC- Nov. 3/11- Passed
Interview-Jan. 20/12- Passed
Stage 1 (completed)-June 15/12- Passed
Medical - July 25

salsun
Rookie Member

Postby salsun » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:01 pm

Missfitlissa wrote:Within this process, you might as well stay positive. I had my first PW interview 2.5 years ago - all references were checked, and I was put in a pool.. Same with a Cx-1 posting last year. Both pools expired, and this year I got to go through the same process all over again- this time having to do the WPTC, but at least making it to level one. Might as well stay positive than get all worked up. It will all be worth it in the end :)

Amazing determation! Where does it come from? :?

BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Postby BravoZulu » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:19 pm

darwin wrote:Hey guys, a bit off topic... And off service.

For members that have been with csc and re-located to work at their current institution, was it worth relocating? Is it worth leaving things behind to be a CX?

I'm not trying to start a negative discussion, but I have a big decision to make and I have less than a month to figure it out ( I'm from Toronto and the gig will be in Edmonton)

Thanks for any insight

I say do it. I moved to the South Coast of BC (garbage dump) from Vancouver Island (God's hand crafted paradise) and still don't regret it, other than I wish I could still live on the Island. I would not give up the job to go back though. Even though moving seems like a big deal it's not. You'll meet all kinds of like minded people at work anyway to hang out with. And if losing your girlfriend over it seems like a big deal, just try not to worry and find yourself a nice prairie girl. They're far handier and fun to be around anyway. Besides could your current big city girlfriend ride horses, shoot and dress an antelope and drive a combine? Hell no son!! All this talk makes me want to transfer to the prairies now ;)

BZ
“I’m not here to make things better. I’m here to prevent them from getting worse.”

Whitebrown
Sage Member

Postby Whitebrown » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:07 pm

BravoZulu wrote:

For members that have been with csc and re-located to work at their current institution, was it worth relocating? Is it worth leaving things behind to be a CX?

I'm not trying to start a negative discussion, but I have a big decision to make and I have less than a month to figure it out ( I'm from Toronto and the gig will be in Edmonton)

Thanks for any insight

I say do it. I moved to the South Coast of BC (garbage dump) from Vancouver Island (God's hand crafted paradise) and still don't regret it, other than I wish I could still live on the Island. I would not give up the job to go back though. Even though moving seems like a big deal it's not. You'll meet all kinds of like minded people at work anyway to hang out with. And if losing your girlfriend over it seems like a big deal, just try not to worry and find yourself a nice prairie girl. They're far handier and fun to be around anyway. Besides could your current big city girlfriend ride horses, shoot and dress an antelope and drive a combine? Hell no son!! All this talk makes me want to transfer to the prairies now ;)

BZ

You would thinnk God could have created a better beer than Lucky Lager. :drinking:
How far down the list are you for a transfer to William Head? :mrgreen:

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:51 pm

Whitebrown wrote:You would thinnk God could have created a better beer than Lucky Lager. :drinking:

He'd have to give up his brain and become a 2 first!
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:03 pm

MedTech wrote:
Whitebrown wrote:You would thinnk God could have created a better beer than Lucky Lager. :drinking:

He'd have to give up his brain and become a 2 first!

Are you saying ducks don't have brains? :boxer:

(We don't, but that's beside the point) :smirk:
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

BranHam
Rookie Member

Postby BranHam » Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:27 pm

SEE YOU GUYS THERE!
Last edited by BranHam on Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Postby BravoZulu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:16 am

Whitebrown wrote:
BravoZulu wrote:

Thanks for any insight

BZ

You would thinnk God could have created a better beer than Lucky Lager. :drinking:

HAHA, yeah MT pretty much beat me to the response. There's no way I'm becoming a 2 to begin with especially since I like me some 12's. Not to mention if I did decide to transfer there they'd shut it down 3 days later and say sorry BZ, you've lost your spot at your old jail and need to go to _______ inst.

BZ
“I’m not here to make things better. I’m here to prevent them from getting worse.”

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:51 am

BravoZulu wrote:HAHA, yeah MT pretty much beat me to the response. There's no way I'm becoming a 2 to begin with especially since I like me some 12's. Not to mention if I did decide to transfer there they'd shut it down 3 days later and say sorry BZ, you've lost your spot at your old jail and need to go to GRANDE CACHE inst.

BZ

There! Fixed it for ya buddy ;)
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

BravoZulu
Grand Poobah

Postby BravoZulu » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:21 am

MedTech wrote:
BravoZulu wrote:HAHA, yeah MT pretty much beat me to the response. There's no way I'm becoming a 2 to begin with especially since I like me some 12's. Not to mention if I did decide to transfer there they'd shut it down 3 days later and say sorry BZ, you've lost your spot at your old jail and need to go to GRANDE CACHE inst.

BZ

There! Fixed it for ya buddy ;)

Yep that'd be about it. BTW heard a little rumour that you're on my crew now, albeit at another joint.

BZ

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:39 am

BravoZulu wrote:Yep that'd be about it. BTW heard a little rumour that you're on my crew now, albeit at another joint.

BZ

RUMINT serves once again! :D I see you're on and I'm on right now! Tadda!
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

BranHam
Rookie Member

Postby BranHam » Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:46 pm

Going to CTP in Saskatoon Aug 21st for Grande Cache Institution! Excited!

JEM7VWH
Rookie Member

Postby JEM7VWH » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:45 am

BranHam wrote:Going to CTP in Saskatoon Aug 21st for Grande Cache Institution! Excited!

Awesome man. I'll be there with ya.
CX-1/Prairies

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:28 am

BranHam wrote:Going to CTP in Saskatoon Aug 21st for Grande Cache Institution! Excited!

Excellent! At least someone's excited about the prospect of going to Grande Cache! :mrgreen:
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER