Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
MedTech
Grand Poobah

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby MedTech » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:07 am

LOVE IT!!! #6 for every all... *sigh*
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

darwin
Rookie Member

Postby darwin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:26 am

Edit: misinterpretation
Last edited by darwin on Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TripleChev

Postby TripleChev » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:33 pm

MedTech wrote:LOVE IT!!! #6 for every all... *sigh*

Ya #6 for me too.....haven't heard anything since applying. At least some got a pre-employment package sent but none for me.

darwin
Rookie Member

Postby darwin » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:51 pm

what is #6?

TripleChev

Postby TripleChev » Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:22 pm

darwin wrote:what is #6?

go back a page or two....long list of thing. Numerically.

Slo
Rookie Member

Postby Slo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:51 am

So......anyone know if showing up for Stage 3 without your Stage 2 completed in full is a big no no??? I only ask because I am in the Grande Cache only competition...but was offered the opportunity to do my Stage 3 in Ontario (where I live)....because of that I had only 10 days (2 days in now so 8 days remaining) to complete Stage 2 compared to the typical 21 days.

Not complaining...so far I am getting through it at a pretty good clip (lots of bearin' down and gettin' at it!!)....but, I'm just curious if I am still trying to complete the assignments minutes before Stage 3 begins...am I screwed? Or am I just slightly behind and can compensate?

Don't get me wrong...I plan on getting it all done with time to spare....partially so I can come on here and gloat that I completed Stage 2 in 9.358934 days. But....the thought of not having it 100% complete by the time I arrive for Stage 3 is always in the back of my mind.

The question really is....is it better to rush through a few things and "be complete"? or is it better to be correct and have a couple of missing items?

Again....I plan on making this thing my beeatch and completing the whole thing in record time and with everything being absolutely correct........but, everyone always wants to know "What happens if....". I guess I am no different.

Slo
Rookie Member

Postby Slo » Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:05 am

I should add....that I realize it won't be greeted with cheers...and I am basically only asking as a form of insurance, or a 'What If....", if the response is "It won't screw you over" I still don't plan on showing up with it incomplete.....I just want to know what the 'worst case scenario' would be. Thanks.

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:00 am

Slo wrote:I should add....that I realize it won't be greeted with cheers...and I am basically only asking as a form of insurance, or a 'What If....", if the response is "It won't screw you over" I still don't plan on showing up with it incomplete.....I just want to know what the 'worst case scenario' would be. Thanks.

You should have it completed. Do your best to make sure its all correct,buT get it DONE.
Last edited by FedCO on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

graingirl
Rookie Member

Postby graingirl » Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:23 pm

Slo wrote:So......anyone know if showing up for Stage 3 without your Stage 2 completed in full is a big no no??? I only ask because I am in the Grande Cache only competition...but was offered the opportunity to do my Stage 3 in Ontario (where I live)....because of that I had only 10 days (2 days in now so 8 days remaining) to complete Stage 2 compared to the typical 21 days.

Not complaining...so far I am getting through it at a pretty good clip (lots of bearin' down and gettin' at it!!)....but, I'm just curious if I am still trying to complete the assignments minutes before Stage 3 begins...am I screwed? Or am I just slightly behind and can compensate?

Don't get me wrong...I plan on getting it all done with time to spare....partially so I can come on here and gloat that I completed Stage 2 in 9.358934 days. But....the thought of not having it 100% complete by the time I arrive for Stage 3 is always in the back of my mind.

The question really is....is it better to rush through a few things and "be complete"? or is it better to be correct and have a couple of missing items?

Again....I plan on making this thing my beeatch and completing the whole thing in record time and with everything being absolutely correct........but, everyone always wants to know "What happens if....". I guess I am no different.

We were not given 21days to complete Stage 2 in my CTP, we got our binders the day we did our stage 1 exam and two weeks later we started in class stage 3. So that gave us 13 days to complete it. Everyone in my ctp finished, and the instructors did check over our work to make sure it was all complete. Not sure if 21days is the norm or not for stage 2, but from my experience it is doable in the time period they give you etc.

Good luck!
Applied: April 2011
Interviews: July 2011
Offer to CTP: August 2011
Online training: August 22, 2011
In class: October 3, 2011
OJT: December 8, 2011
Hired: December 8, 2011

BigBuck
Veteran Member

Postby BigBuck » Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:19 am

I had less than 2 weeks. One guy drove from Ontario to BC for core and did the entire thing in 1 (long) day - just get it done

salsun
Rookie Member

Postby salsun » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:37 pm

Did anyone attend CTP with WCT component? How is it?
PW (CX-2)
Applied: 15-Jun-11
In-House Exam: 19-Sep-11
Interviewed: 30-Nov-11
Medical: 13-Dec-11,
Fingerprinted: 16-Dec-11
CTP-1: 20-Jan-12 to 20-Feb-12
CTP-2+3: in progress

MedTech
Grand Poobah

Postby MedTech » Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:50 pm

salsun wrote:Did anyone attend CTP with WCT component? How is it?

Sure... if you're a PW you'll get that WCT when everyone else is on the range having a blast... literally.

Just a thought, maybe you should change your signature to PW instead of CX-2... since it's kind of a red herring. No one applies straight into a CX-2 classifications if they were going the CO route.
CORRECTIONAL OFFICER

Mully
Rookie Member

Postby Mully » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:16 pm

Slo... yes, you need to have it done. I had to do my stage 1 and stage 2 in three weeks, you will be fine, just buckle down and get it done. Good luck at CTP! It is a lot of fun and you will make great friends, enjoy it. :drinking:
Correctional Service of Canada
Graduated: February, 2012

Fides
Rookie Member

Postby Fides » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:03 pm

MedTech wrote:Sure... if you're a PW

What does PW stand for? :ponder:
“The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

darwin
Rookie Member

Postby darwin » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:09 pm

primary worker... its pretty much a CO but in female institutions.