Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
smarshall
Grand Poobah

Re: Applying to Correctional Service Canada

Postby smarshall » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 pm

little from column a and a little from column B LOL

BigBuck
Veteran Member

Postby BigBuck » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Just tossing it out there,

I'm a CX, Pacific Region - wife recently got a civilian job at my institution - now is extremely interested in applying CX.

You guys here would know better than I at the moment - any idea when the next hiring may be? I can see through quickly scanning through the last few pages of these forums, that candidates from the last hiring are still in the interview/pre CTP phase, so I imagine it'll still be a little ways away . . .

However, thought I would just ask if anyone has heard when the next hiring competition may be.

Thanks guys!!

Gaoler
Grand Poobah

Postby Gaoler » Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:24 am

SupahDuck wrote:
Striker wrote:first one is on me if I make it this year..first lap dance is on SD! :mrgreen:

So I'm getting the cigars, scotch *AND* lap dances?

Jesus, I didn't know I made that much money as a CX-2! 88)

hey supah, u got my pm?
Gaoler

Gaoler
Grand Poobah

Postby Gaoler » Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:46 pm

tarunpatel wrote:Hey there you guys sorry I'm new to this forum and had questions now I don't know if they have been anwsered but lets see well I applied for CSC on April 2011 and just did my interview on July 26, 2011 still waiting for the results I know they have called my references. Now my question is how long does it take to hear back from them to see if I get to go do my medical? Also I was reading that when you are in Phase 4 of training which is the on Job Shadow does that mean you have been hired? Its the 2 week at a CSC facitlity? Need more info. Sorry for the noob questions but just new to the site and getting used to it!

hey bud, which centre are you at? pm me
Gaoler

Rookie Member

Postby 0010010 » Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:35 pm

i have a question. I am from ontario and just got hired for Bowden. Can I transport my vehicle to bowden and get it covered under those 5 gs, along with my ticket? OR, do i need to drive it and have the reciepts for the gas and what not. Is this possible?

Kat
Rookie Member

Postby Kat » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:19 pm

tarunpatel wrote:Hey there you guys sorry I'm new to this forum and had questions now I don't know if they have been anwsered but lets see well I applied for CSC on April 2011 and just did my interview on July 26, 2011 still waiting for the results I know they have called my references. Now my question is how long does it take to hear back from them to see if I get to go do my medical? Also I was reading that when you are in Phase 4 of training which is the on Job Shadow does that mean you have been hired? Its the 2 week at a CSC facitlity? Need more info. Sorry for the noob questions but just new to the site and getting used to it!

Sorry I can't answer all your questions but here is my recent time line. I also applied in April, wrote my exams in May, had my interview the middle of July, references were called the next day, I heard I passed and was to schedule a medical approx. a week after the interview. I had my medical a couple weeks ago, the doctor said everything went well and I passed but still waiting to hear the official results and waiting to hear about the next step. This is for the Kingston, Ontario area.

Good luck and hopefully you will hear something soon.

Slo
Rookie Member

Postby Slo » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:43 am

Kat wrote:

Sorry I can't answer all your questions but here is my recent time line. I also applied in April, wrote my exams in May, had my interview the middle of July, references were called the next day, I heard I passed and was to schedule a medical approx. a week after the interview. I had my medical a couple weeks ago, the doctor said everything went well and I passed but still waiting to hear the official results and waiting to hear about the next step. This is for the Kingston, Ontario area.

Good luck and hopefully you will hear something soon.

I'm in the same boat. Last step I did was fingerprinting and that was about 6 weeks ago. Guard doing it said it takes (on average) 7 weeks, there was also a Postal strike going on when I was doing this so there was likely a backlog.

Waiting stinks....but yeah...I get it (please don't say that hurry up saying again.....please! :(( )

Oh...and the way the Doc explained it to me is that no matter how well I did and how well he thought I did....he couldn't say that I "passed". Said that isn't up to him...he told me what he would tell CSC....but the Pass/Fail was not his decision to make.

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:10 am

For the medical, if the doc can't see anything glaring, it pretty much means you passed it, as the CSC recruiters aren't medically qualified. They usually don't contravene the doctor's findings, as they have many other means of filtering you out of the competition if they really wanted to.

You guys are almost there...... just hang in there, and HURRY UP AND WAIT! :mrgreen: :twisted: :thumbsup:
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Almc
Rookie Member

Postby Almc » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:55 am

Hey guys, For anyone that has failed the interview did they let you know you failed or did you ask? Also what was the timeline of this. I had my interview one week ago, it went great I thought but references have not yet been checked so I'm second guessing myself!

FedCO
King Poobah

Postby FedCO » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:25 am

Striker wrote:
Slo wrote:I'm in the same boat. Last step I did was fingerprinting and that was about 6 weeks ago. Guard doing it said it takes (on average) 7 weeks, there was also a Postal strike going on when I was doing this so there was likely a backlog.

Waiting stinks....but yeah...I get it (please don't say that hurry up saying again.....please! :(( )

Oh...and the way the Doc explained it to me is that no matter how well I did and how well he thought I did....he couldn't say that I "passed". Said that isn't up to him...he told me what he would tell CSC....but the Pass/Fail was not his decision to make.

If you make it on CORE..don't refer to us as "guards"... ;)

Thanks Striker. I was going to say something, but you caught that! We are Correctional Officers - Leave Guard at the door!

Turp
Rookie Member

Postby Turp » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:32 am

Almc wrote:Hey guys, For anyone that has failed the interview did they let you know you failed or did you ask? Also what was the timeline of this. I had my interview one week ago, it went great I thought but references have not yet been checked so I'm second guessing myself!

I failed the interview and got an e-mail about a week later. Frustrating !! I got released from CTP a few years ago so that is likely the reason, but they don't really tell you why.

graingirl
Rookie Member

Postby graingirl » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:36 pm

Almc wrote:Hey guys, For anyone that has failed the interview did they let you know you failed or did you ask? Also what was the timeline of this. I had my interview one week ago, it went great I thought but references have not yet been checked so I'm second guessing myself!

I passed the interview stage, however i know they did not check my references until the second week after my interview. So hang in there. Did they not give you a time frame on when you would hear something? My interviewers told me it would be about 3 weeks before i found out anything, which actually ended up being 5 weeks. Not sure what the hold up was or anything but the next thing i heard was a invite to CTP on the condition that my medical came back ok etc. So hang in there, they may not be rushed to get things moving for a reason or maybe there is a backlog or a hold up and its summer vacation time still. As frustrating a it is, just give it some more time its only been a week!!
Applied: April 2011
Interviews: July 2011
Offer to CTP: August 2011
Online training: August 22, 2011
In class: October 3, 2011
OJT: December 8, 2011
Hired: December 8, 2011

SupahDuck
King Poobah

Postby SupahDuck » Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Gaoler wrote:
SupahDuck wrote:
Striker wrote:first one is on me if I make it this year..first lap dance is on SD! :mrgreen:

So I'm getting the cigars, scotch *AND* lap dances?

Jesus, I didn't know I made that much money as a CX-2! 88)

hey supah, u got my pm?

Nope! Send again!
It's easier to be a result of the past, but more fun to be a cause of the future.

"The key problem is those people who take it personal. Never take shit personal in the enforcement business." - Toonces, Blueline Super-Ultra-Mega Poobah

Periodik
Rookie Member

Postby Periodik » Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Hello Everyone,

I just have a question, how do i know there is an opening as a CX-01 ?

Gouv website is a fucking huge mess..

Thanks.