Poly questions

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
sportyspice
Rookie Member

Re: Poly questions

Postby sportyspice » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:10 pm

When I did my poly I wore a suit and tie! That's just me though anytime I have to go for an interview i'm in a suit and tie. The poly process can be long though (7 hrs for me) so smart casual is acceptable.[/quote]

7 hours?!?!?! Wow, you must have had a LOT to talk about! :D
"On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time."

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:21 pm

WILLPOWER wrote:
PHB wrote:
GNP wrote:Dress code will depend on what service you are going for. My CPS file manager only wanted a suit and tie for the panel, everything else was casual. Sweat pants and a MegaDeath t-shirt likely aren't a good idea though! I opted for overdressed rather than looking like I just left the construction site.

When I did my poly I wore a suit and tie! That's just me though anytime I have to go for an interview i'm in a suit and tie. The poly process can be long though (7 hrs for me) so smart casual is acceptable.

7 Hrs....Wow. 88) Do you stop to take a lunch?

Would the tie be problematic with the poly machine?

The tie wasnt a problem my examiner just hooked the cords under my tie! We stopped about three times to have a washroom break and to have some water.
RCMP Members Email this guy and leave the Legal Fund:

agclarke@istar.ca

For Our Future! http://www.mppac.ca PROUD UPSTART

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:24 pm

sportyspice wrote:When I did my poly I wore a suit and tie! That's just me though anytime I have to go for an interview i'm in a suit and tie. The poly process can be long though (7 hrs for me) so smart casual is acceptable.

7 hours?!?!?! Wow, you must have had a LOT to talk about! :D

I didn't think that I had more to talk about than anyone else I have been crime free for ten years. My examiner just had a really slow style of asking questions. He would ask a question and then give me an example of what actually constituted what he was asking about. I also have previous sworn LE experience so we had to go through that whole extra part in the pre-polygraph questionnaire.

agclarke@istar.ca

QJ...
Rookie Member

Postby QJ... » Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:28 am

My poly was 6 hours. :banghead: Thanks god I had very good breakfast.
My examiner was explaining and giving different examples for almost every question. He was really triggering my memory. :D
RPAB- Feb 25, 2008
Package received- March 27, 2008
PARE - April 16, 2008 (4:00)
Package mailed - April 17, 2008
RMSI- June 30, 2008
POLY - July 29, 2008(waiting for results)
Dental/Med- ...
Psych-...
BGI-...
PARE2 -.... October, 2008

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:47 pm

PHB wrote: I also have previous sworn LE experience so we had to go through that whole extra part in the pre-polygraph questionnaire.

Oh, so does that mean if a person has no drug use history all those questions get skipped as well?
Sed libera nos a malo.

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:48 pm

QJ... wrote:My poly was 6 hours. :banghead: Thanks god I had very good breakfast.
My examiner was explaining and giving different examples for almost every question. He was really triggering my memory. :D

That's a good tactic because they really want you to have a succesful polygraph exam they just have to get you to remember everything to tell your examiner.

agclarke@istar.ca

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:51 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:
PHB wrote: I also have previous sworn LE experience so we had to go through that whole extra part in the pre-polygraph questionnaire.

Oh, so does that mean if a person has no drug use history all those questions get skipped as well?

I don't know about that I can just talk about my exam. I'm sure your examiner would want to talk about it a little more than just asking you if you have used drugs and hearing your answer and then that's it.

agclarke@istar.ca

WILLPOWER
Rookie Member

Postby WILLPOWER » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:29 pm

QJ... wrote:My poly was 6 hours. :banghead: Thanks god I had very good breakfast.

I'll try to do it in less then 2 hours. hehehe. ....Ho and with with a Positive result too! :D
RCMP North West region

sportyspice
Rookie Member

Postby sportyspice » Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:29 pm

SD_SC1 wrote:

I have ZERO history of prescription drug use - only ever taken Tylenol 3's like 20 years ago when I had my wisdom teeth pulled - for 1 day - but this must have raised a red flag because they went over... and over.. and over this section. I just kept saying, no, no, no, never, not, nada, zip, zilch. So... no, I don't think a negative answer to a question means they will skip over the section! (I told him I felt like I needed to start making shit up just to get him off my back about it! Yes! Okay! I took Valium once! And.. Prozac, too! There - are you happy???)
"On the whole, human beings want to be good, but not too good, and not quite all the time."

Chris B
Rookie Member

Postby Chris B » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:00 pm

WILLPOWER wrote:I'll try to do it in less then 2 hours. hehehe. ....Ho and with with a Positive result too! :D

I'd like to hear about that experience. My bet: no chance it will take you less than 3 hours.
Chris B
---
One should change their signature once in a while.

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:38 pm

Chris B wrote:
WILLPOWER wrote:I'll try to do it in less then 2 hours. hehehe. ....Ho and with with a Positive result too! :D

I'd like to hear about that experience. My bet: no chance it will take you less than 3 hours.

I don't know why you would want it to take less time? You have all day to get it done!

agclarke@istar.ca

sportyspice
Rookie Member

Postby sportyspice » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:48 pm

PHB wrote:
Chris B wrote:

I don't know why you would want it to take less time? You have all day to get it done!

Not in E Division... they book one in the morning and one in the afternoon... my friend was walking in as I was walking out...
Edited to add: ... but that might have been because they had pre-screened our books and didn't see anything to cause any major grief?

PHB
King Poobah

Postby PHB » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:35 pm

I thought all the books were pre screened before you have your polygraph interview. My examiner seemed to know what issues we needed to talk about as soon as we got to the questions.

agclarke@istar.ca

robbo

Postby robbo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:57 pm

WILLPOWER wrote:I'll try to do it in less then 2 hours. hehehe. ....

:thumbsup: Damn that would be funny.

Examiner: Do you have any final questions before we start?
WILLPOWER: Yeah, I have a lunch date in two hours. Any chance we can try not to doddle?
"Most people fancy themselves innocent of those crimes of which they cannot be convicted" - Seneca

WILLPOWER
Rookie Member

Postby WILLPOWER » Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:51 am

PHB wrote:I thought all the books were pre screened before you have your polygraph interview. My examiner seemed to know what issues we needed to talk about as soon as we got to the questions.

Yes of course, but I guess they still have to ask you all the question in case you decided to wrote no somewhere you should have put yes...

robbo wrote:
WILLPOWER wrote:I'll try to do it in less then 2 hours. hehehe. ....

:thumbsup: Damn that would be funny.

Examiner: Do you have any final questions before we start?
WILLPOWER: Yeah, I have a lunch date in two hours. Any chance we can try not to doddle?

No... I'll do it like this:

Examiner: Hi, How are you doing?
WILLPOWER: Hey is that question part of the questionnaire? Cause if not I would prefer that we go straight to the point and if it's possible ask your question faster...you know time is money!

:jump:
RCMP North West region