Whats with the RCMP

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
greeline
Rookie Member

Re: Whats with the RCMP

Postby greeline » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:26 am

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! Forget it guys...... Keep your fuckin serge!
"Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit"

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:35 am

greeline wrote:OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! Forget it guys...... Keep your fuckin serge!

Good, one extra spot in Depot for me. :mrgreen:
Sed libera nos a malo.

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:04 am

Wow. WTF?
Greenline came in here looking for some advice and experiences of others going through, or who have gone through Depot and gets labeled a whiner? In comparison to some of the other threads on here, it wasn't even close. Idiots. While I agree that his first comment may have raised some hackles, I think that he did more than explain himself and some of the problems he's facing with "the Wife" and the "apparent" low income for some one at Depot. Four pages of comments and I think that I saw three or four that were useful with a few more cost comparisons. The rest have been immature rantings of the idiot that doesn't take the time to read everything before forming an opinion. For the sake of any Service that would hire individuals like that. Someplace that doesn't require any thinking past what law was broken by what was witnessed. I thought that analytical thinking and problem solving were supposed to be Essential Competancies?

To Greenline, If the storied history of the Red Serge is what you really want, take from this thread the useful info and dump the rest of the garbage into the trash where it belongs. There is on this site alot of :stupid: :crazy: and stuff that leaves you just a little 88) you just need to sift through it.
After playing in the Sanbox being shot at by the other kiddies, I think that your wife shouldn't need too much convincing. Maybe it's just the fear of (her) leaving home that is the biggest issue. After 5 times playing in the sand myself, my wife is glad that I'm pulling the plug, although convincing her to move anywhere in Canada is where I'm having some issues myself. The money isn't the big issue, even though I've got two pre-schoolers, large Mortgage, Leased truck and a crapload of debt. It can always be worked out.
Now sit back and watch the s#!t that comes my way. :alright:
Last edited by inlimbo on Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

Alberta Blue
Sage Member

Postby Alberta Blue » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:55 am

SD_SC1 wrote:
greeline wrote:OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!! Forget it guys...... Keep your fuckin serge!

Good, one extra spot in Depot for me. :mrgreen:

If you make it in, I will have absolutely 0 respect for that organization.

greeline
Rookie Member

Postby greeline » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:16 pm

Hey thanks inlimbo,
I think the problem with my wife is that after a dragged her around the uk and left her home whilst I was playing with terry taliban, she is happy with staying put in one spot. She put up with alot of shit while I was serving and now I think shes just glad to be back to normality. While having attended play group in the good ol sand box yourself you will probably understand. I think the idea of me taking on another underpaid uniformed job scares her a little.. So hopefully this explains my situation a little more to those that wish to call me a whiney wanstable!
"Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit"

Jim Street
King Poobah

Postby Jim Street » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:05 pm

inlimbo wrote: The rest have been immature rantings of the idiot that doesn't take the time to read everything before forming an opinion. For the sake of any Service that would hire individuals like that, I sincerly hope that traffic/beat is where their kept. Someplace that doesn't require any thinking past what law was broken by what was witnessed.

That's a bold statement considering you've never put the uniform on, get a clue what you're talking about before you post.
Opinions posted are my own sole opinion not reflective of any views/thoughts of agency. Answers may or may not be truthful, As if you couldn't tell.

ArmedSteno
Rookie Member

Postby ArmedSteno » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:14 pm

I never pinpointed any particular individual in my commentary. I figured the "analytical" ones would be able to form their own investigative opinions....

Anyways, I am going to go grab my ticket book and hit an intersection somewhere....:)
CAN'T PEOPLE FORM A COMPLAINT AGAINST YOU FOR BEING UNPROFESSIONAL?
-BarneyEvans

BIRD BIRD BIRD. BIRDS THE WORD!!!
-Peter GRIFFIN

Policing is a lot like pissing into a dark black pair of pants. You get that nice warm feeling but almost noone notices.

Diver10
Rookie Member

Postby Diver10 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:18 pm

I also can't see what is with the ganging up on Greeline here. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. Yes, the first post set the wrong tone but he clarified his concerns so everyone needs to get off their high horses and cut him some slack. I went through without the allowance and it was the best decision I ever made, but there was a lot of thinking to be done before I made the leap as I was leaving a permanent job (Customs) and the stability that came with it.

While I would have been happy to get the $500/week, I can appreciate that it is hard for people to go through with a high debt load even with that allowance. Not to mention having a spouse that isn't too amused about the whole thing in the first place.

We're all willing to make sacrifices to get the careers we've dreamed of and I don't regret any of the decisions I made but I wouldn't let it cost me my relationship either. After all is said and done, we're just FTEs and position numbers on an org chart to the decision makers above us. Life's too short and the more time I get in the job, the more I am realizing how much more important family is.

Sorry for the rambling - just my .02.

SD_SC1
Rookie Member

Postby SD_SC1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:35 pm

inlimbo wrote:The rest have been immature rantings of the idiot that doesn't take the time to read everything before forming an opinion.

First, I am not an idiot. Second, I did read everything before forming an opinion.
Sed libera nos a malo.

coolieo

Postby coolieo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:49 pm

greeline wrote:Hey thanks inlimbo,
I think the problem with my wife is that after a dragged her around the uk and left her home whilst I was playing with terry taliban, she is happy with staying put in one spot. She put up with alot of shit while I was serving and now I think shes just glad to be back to normality. While having attended play group in the good ol sand box yourself you will probably understand. I think the idea of me taking on another underpaid uniformed job scares her a little.. So hopefully this explains my situation a little more to those that wish to call me a whiney wanstable!

Are you in the Canadian military? If so you could always enter the Military Police, and then if you REALLY want to join the RCMP you can always lateral later. I don't know about the hiring process or the pay while in training but I imagine that there is somebody on this forum who could provide insight.

coolieo

Postby coolieo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 pm

*Our program now welcomes applications from the Canadian Forces Military Police.

Source:http://www.rcmp.ca/recruiting-recrutement/howtojoin-commentvousenroler/lateralentry-entreelaterale-eng.htm

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:45 pm

YEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!! I guess now it's on. :swords: LOL
Let's just get this out of the way first, I don't know anybody here personally, and I could really care less. Secondly, if you do "form an opinion" without either taking in all the info or claim that you have, and still come out with the same opinion when the info at hand points to the other direction, then you're talking out of your ass. As far as making a bold statement given the fact that I've never donned "the uniform", no one here knows me, what I've done or not done, who I do or do not know Soooooooooo, I just go with my experience. My experience has taught me that there are two levels of thought process and there are those who would be happy to never be in a situation that would require the "extra effort". There are the others who strive "to make a difference" by going the extra mile.Possibly robbery, homicide, arson, etc...Maybe that comes across a broad stroke but, I am just going with what I've seen and been told. There is always going to be a difference of opinion, but what do I care. I was just standing up for someone that was being wrongfully swarmed. I grew up being taught to help those who are in need and if some one comes to you looking for advice and you have nothing constructive to say, then shut your F*&$#ng mouth. (thanks Dad)Lesson was usually punctuated with a cuff to the back of the skull. :thumbsup: LOL
On the flip side, I've learned something new............apparently there are no idiots in uniform. :ponder:

P.S. in using the term "the idiot" there was no one in particular in mind and mentally challenged pers were not harmed. :wave:
Last edited by inlimbo on Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:53 pm

coolieo wrote:
*Our program now welcomes applications from the Canadian Forces Military Police.

Source:http://www.rcmp.ca/recruiting-recrutement/howtojoin-commentvousenroler/lateralentry-entreelaterale-eng.htm

It's a bit of a moot point given the fact that he is with the British services. :D