Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Wyliecoyote

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby Wyliecoyote » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:51 pm

Curious if anyone could help me out. Have my BDI tomorrow and starting to panic as I just read the wording of the timeframe we can use for examples in the competencies it says use examples from your past (3-5 years) so does that mean they have to fall between 3-5 years or anywhere from yesterday up to 5 years. A couple of my examples are only 1-2 years old.

Kneel26

Postby Kneel26 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:30 pm

Wyliecoyote wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:51 pm
Curious if anyone could help me out. Have my BDI tomorrow and starting to panic as I just read the wording of the timeframe we can use for examples in the competencies it says use examples from your past (3-5 years) so does that mean they have to fall between 3-5 years or anywhere from yesterday up to 5 years. A couple of my examples are only 1-2 years old.
When I did my BDI I used examples up to 5 years old but tried to keep them more recent as at that time they were much more relative.
Pm me if you have questions :)

chmor

Postby chmor » Wed May 29, 2019 7:42 pm

For those that have gone through the process as out of province applicants. How did you find the process when you flew into Edmonton? I'm curious as I just got my invite to fly out and complete it my testing.

MasterPlanMan

Postby MasterPlanMan » Thu May 30, 2019 5:13 pm

Im dating myself because I did it years ago, but it was great. Its stressful because its a full week, but its perfectly doable if you prepare yourself. In a way its very satisfying going from step to step in such a condensed period.

The people were also great, I felt grateful to be there and at the same time, I felt they were grateful for having me. That isn't an egotistical statement, more that the effort, money and time it takes to come and do the process from so far is not lost on them.

chmor

Postby chmor » Fri May 31, 2019 9:21 am

MasterPlanMan wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:13 pm
Im dating myself because I did it years ago, but it was great. Its stressful because its a full week, but its perfectly doable if you prepare yourself. In a way its very satisfying going from step to step in such a condensed period.

The people were also great, I felt grateful to be there and at the same time, I felt they were grateful for having me. That isn't an egotistical statement, more that the effort, money and time it takes to come and do the process from so far is not lost on them.
That is fantastic to hear. I'm really excited to get out there and complete the process. Currently I'm just waiting to get my appointment confirmations prior to booking my flights. With the dates that I selected being a few months away, I feel I will be heading into the week fairly prepared for the testing. Thank you for your response, it eased any worries I had.

Harms95
Rookie Member

Postby Harms95 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 2:08 pm

chmor wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 7:42 pm
For those that have gone through the process as out of province applicants. How did you find the process when you flew into Edmonton? I'm curious as I just got my invite to fly out and complete it my testing.
I flew out in January to do my whole process and I have to say it was very rewarding and also mentally tough at the same time. All I can really say is that you can never be too prepared for each stage. For the process, I felt very welcomed by everybody I interacted with and it made the process that much better.

chmor

Postby chmor » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Hi folks, I have another question about the process. During the application A-PREP, do they stop the beep test at level 7 or do they let it keep going? Thank you.