Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
kody102
Rookie Member

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby kody102 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:27 pm

Slovak4188 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:56 pm
kody102 wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:42 am
Just got a message that I was deferred till next year march. Sounds very devastating. Any ideas on what to do next guys?
Ya, improve your resume and reapply if this is actually what you want to do.

You may have better fortunes next time, or you may get deferred again.

What stage did you make it to?
Thanks. I made a call to the recruitment thing and was told the reason why. Apparently its normal. My resume was very good but i am quite new in town and my fitness level wasnt close to how it should be. Given a deferral to improve on it. Stage 3

kody102
Rookie Member

Postby kody102 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 pm

MasterPlanMan wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:53 am
Yeah a year deferral is somewhat normal. EPS is known for lifetime deferrals, so I wouldn't take it as a "choose a different career" type thing. They just want you to grow from something they took issue to and prove your commitment.
You are very correct. Fitness needs improvement as well as am new in canada and so need to have another year work experience in country

Wingman19

Postby Wingman19 » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:07 pm

kody102 wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:28 pm
MasterPlanMan wrote:
Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:53 am
Yeah a year deferral is somewhat normal. EPS is known for lifetime deferrals, so I wouldn't take it as a "choose a different career" type thing. They just want you to grow from something they took issue to and prove your commitment.
You are very correct. Fitness needs improvement as well as am new in canada and so need to have another year work experience in country
Download 5k Runner APP and pay for it. When I first started, I got to Stage 4 - but it was a practice PREP Session. It took me a month of proper dieting and conditioning to pass Stage 7. I was in good shape, just had unnecessary body fat. Now I'm working towards Stage 9. You need to start SLOWLY. You are activating your cardiovascular system. You need to lose weight in order to run further and faster. Your body is going to tell you to stop. You need to push until f**king boogers are dripping out of your nose. Treadmills are great to get your heart rate up and adapt to prolonged activity. It also contributes significantly in lowering your body fat but you need to combine it with outdoor running. Do lower body workouts as well twice a week. Stop eating crap - now.

Whether you are successful or not in the process. You are so much healthier which is priceless. Good luck.
RCMP ON APP
app: Dec 4 2019
SP: Dec16 2019
QA review: Dec 23 2019
PBQ: Feb 10/20
Suitability: Feb 26/20
RMAQ: April/20
RFI April/20
PEP: Recom May 1/20
PEP rec: :swords:
Many Municipal apps: On-Going

Mmorrison3006
Rookie Member

Postby Mmorrison3006 » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:21 am

Hi all,

I’m currently a UK citizen that is looking to relocate to Canada in the next year and a half through Permanent Resident status. I’ve been thinking of changing career and wish to apply for the Edmonton Police Service.

I’m aware I will not be able to apply until I land in Canada and have swapped my UK documents for Alberta ones. However, I just wanted to gauge what impact having no Canadian experience prior to applying is likely to have - will deferral be most likely given?

I have a legal background having studied law in the United Kingdom, but I went in to a finance role after University. Is having prior knowledge of an alternative legal system likely to impact or be perceived as different as recruiting may prefer applicants to have a ‘blank canvas’?

Thanks for any help.

MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member

Postby MasterPlanMan » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:59 am

Edmonton Police values all experiences and hires all types from all different kinds of backgrounds. You need the minimum requirements to apply, but once you're being interviewed and assessed, it's up to you to show how you can make your experiences and knowledge relevant.