Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

allbrancereal
Seasoned Member

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby allbrancereal » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:43 am

Hired Goon wrote:
MRKB wrote: If you live local to here don't expect to get hired without attending the run with the recruiters.

Mike
Not an accurate statement.

It is helpful for those who need help in their fitness. Certainly not a deal breaker.
Exactly. Every situation is unique. Some work odd shifts, just had a child, other commitments etc. Some work two jobs just to get by. Not being able to attend RWR is definitely not a deal breaker.

I wasn’t able to attend any sessions.

TheWife
Rookie Member

Postby TheWife » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:31 pm

Hello Everyone!

My husband is currently going through the recruiting process for EPS - his BDI is next week and he is stressed beyond measure. I am trying to help him prepare for it - but he feels so unprepared that he is on the verge of "giving up".
The back story is that if he doesn't do his interview by this week, he must do the entire process over again from the beginning due to the application process starting in April 2017.

I advised that he go through the BDI the best he can - and if he doesn't get through, it will give him a better idea of how to prepare the next time around...since he'll have to go through all of it again.
I have heard there is a "wait" period though - and I guess the length of time is dependent on a number of things.

My question is...IF he doesn't make it passed the BDI - does this mark or flag his file in any way? Or cause an even longer delay for him to re-apply?

Thank you in advance for any help and insight!

EDIT: interview successfully completed

sarahjessicaparker
Rookie Member

Postby sarahjessicaparker » Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:50 pm

Applied to EPS recently, written tests done. Are in-Province but out of city applicants expected to go to Edmonton each step?

allbrancereal
Seasoned Member

Postby allbrancereal » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:13 pm

sarahjessicaparker wrote:Applied to EPS recently, written tests done. Are in-Province but out of city applicants expected to go to Edmonton each step?
I believe there is a distance requirement to be allowed to do the whole process in one week. Certain KM’s perhaps. Ask the question by calling the office and share the answer because I’m curious too.

Ashtari

Postby Ashtari » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:30 pm

Wasn't able to find this answer on the Joineps website.

Are recruits-in-training paid while at the academy? If so, what is the recruit salary?

Does this salary increase once the field training commences?

Murgz
Rookie Member

Postby Murgz » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Ashtari wrote:Wasn't able to find this answer on the Joineps website.

Are recruits-in-training paid while at the academy? If so, what is the recruit salary?

Does this salary increase once the field training commences?
This is on the website "Earn an excellent salary and benefits starting from day one of training."
EPS Application Package - 08/12/2016
ACT and APCAT - completed 09/24/2016
A-PREP - completed 11/7/2016
BDI - completed 12/22/2016
PDI - completed 12/28/2016
Psychological - completed 01/13/2016
Polygraph - completed 02/07/2016
Medical
Background

Ashtari

Postby Ashtari » Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:13 pm

Murgz wrote: This is on the website "Earn an excellent salary and benefits starting from day one of training."
Thank you. I have since contacted recruiting and been informed that recruits are paid at the level of 1st year constable while in training.

Heisen_burger
Rookie Member

Postby Heisen_burger » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:36 am

Hi there New to the forum;

Just had a quick question regarding the EPS recruitment process. I have completed my background stage and am waiting to hear from my file manager regarding the selection committee's decision. My question is this, my background has been completed since the beginning of March, I was hoping to get into the April class, is there still hope that i'll get a call being so close to the start of class (1 week away)?

Thank you in advance

thekazjed
Rookie Member

Postby thekazjed » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:31 pm

Afternoon everyone.

Well finally did it. Just today. I submitted my application for EPS. Need not worry. I won’t ask when I get in and all that Jazz. Just excited to be apart of the process and pray it will go quickly.

Stark
Veteran Member

Postby Stark » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:36 am

thekazjed wrote:Afternoon everyone.

Well finally did it. Just today. I submitted my application for EPS. Need not worry. I won’t ask when I get in and all that Jazz. Just excited to be apart of the process and pray it will go quickly.
Good luck.

TheWife
Rookie Member

Postby TheWife » Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:34 pm

Stark wrote:
thekazjed wrote:Afternoon everyone.

Good luck.
Best of luck to you!

thekazjed
Rookie Member

Postby thekazjed » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:02 pm

I must say. EPS works quickly. Not but 4 days or so after applying. I had to resubmit my drivers abstract. This morning I was required to fill out numerous questionnaire forms. I believe the next step would be the entrance exams if I’m not mistaken.

JFY
Rookie Member

Postby JFY » Thu May 10, 2018 8:08 pm

First time posting on this thread and wanted to see if anyone has heard anything about their application status. I applied about a month ago and EPS reached out rather quickly with some other questions for me to answer. Shortly after sending all the applicable forms and questions back, my application disappeared from the online website for a couple weeks, and now has returned with no update on my status. Wanted to reach out to this forum and see if anyone is in the same boat. Thanks in advance!

GurjB
Rookie Member

Postby GurjB » Tue May 15, 2018 2:35 pm

Anyone in stage 8 have an idea of how long EPS would give an out of town applicant (if successful) time to prepare and be in Edmonton. ie. when would they call "us" to inform us we have been invited to RTC- if RTC class is scheduled for Aug 2018.
Thanks

Jframer7
Grand Poobah

Postby Jframer7 » Wed May 16, 2018 1:31 pm

GurjB wrote:Anyone in stage 8 have an idea of how long EPS would give an out of town applicant (if successful) time to prepare and be in Edmonton. ie. when would they call "us" to inform us we have been invited to RTC- if RTC class is scheduled for Aug 2018.
Thanks
They try to give as much time as possible. Sometimes people will get prehired ahead of class to do admin work around the office for months before class starts. All depends on when they make a determination on your application, the next class date and any issues that would affect your availability.

I don’t know if it has changed but I think a guy in my class got a call 3 days before class, he was out of province. They said they had an opening in class that starts in 3 days or he could wait 3 months for next class. He decided he didn’t want to wait and was on a plane.

I personally had about 6 weeks but lived in town.