Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby allbrancereal » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:53 pm

Foxtrot4 wrote:
Dezbryant wrote:Next week will be the 3 month mark since I've submitted my application. To date I have not been instructed to do anything. I scheduled myself for the written testing and the A-PREP but I have not heard anything from the EPS regarding next steps or if I was successful in pre-screening. I heard EPS had the fastest recruitment process so is this normal?

This seems unusual to me, did you confirm it was received if submitted any way outside of in person? It might be worth a followup enquiry either way.

Or it could be because recruiting is busy filling the December class so other applications are on backburner at the moment.

Dezbryant
Rookie Member

Postby Dezbryant » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:04 am

Foxtrot4 wrote:
Dezbryant wrote:Next week will be the 3 month mark since I've submitted my application. To date I have not been instructed to do anything. I scheduled myself for the written testing and the A-PREP but I have not heard anything from the EPS regarding next steps or if I was successful in pre-screening. I heard EPS had the fastest recruitment process so is this normal?

This seems unusual to me, did you confirm it was received if submitted any way outside of in person? It might be worth a followup enquiry either way.

Yes I spoke with someone from recruiting a few weeks ago. They told me it's still in pre-screening.
OPS APP - Oct/17
PBQ- Jan/18
LFI- Mar/18
ECI- Apr/18
Psych Interview-Jun/18
BGI- Sept-Oct/2018
Final review Decision-?

RCMP APP-07/17
RMAQ - 09/17
PEP- 03/18 (* Rec 4/18*)
F.I - 05/18
Pysch/Med-06/18 (*Rec 08/17*)
FSR- 07/18
SC- 07/18 (*Rec?*)

mkowalski25
Rookie Member

Postby mkowalski25 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:43 pm

Is there any information as to Which classes are upcoming in 2017

jpsingh
Rookie Member

Postby jpsingh » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:20 am

mkowalski25 wrote:Is there any information as to Which classes are upcoming in 2017

Hi There

Yesterday, I contacted someone in recruiting and asked the same question as you. Constable said 2 classes are expected for 2017 with a possibility to add one more. Dates are tentative for 2017 as they are working on to finalize December 2016 class.

Good Luck,

JS

Hired Goon
Sage Member

Postby Hired Goon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:40 am

There's 3 in 2017.
Hired Goon

jpsingh
Rookie Member

Postby jpsingh » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:32 pm

Hired Goon wrote:There's 3 in 2017.

Hi HG

Do you know the hiring numbers for 2017 ? EPS planned to hire 120 new constables in 2016.

Thanks,

JS

Hired Goon
Sage Member

Postby Hired Goon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:23 pm

jpsingh wrote:Do you know the hiring numbers for 2017 ? EPS planned to hire 120 new constables in 2016.

Around 100 for 2017.
Hired Goon

prostagma
Rookie Member

Postby prostagma » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:44 pm

Anyone know if there still some room left in 139? Thanks in advance! :)

Leopardtech
Rookie Member

Postby Leopardtech » Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:28 pm

I attended Run with Recruiter last night at Griesbach and another applicant announced a Facebook group for volunteering with a EPS Stollery event in December. I didn't get a chance to note the Facebook group name, would anyone happen to know it? I'm not sure if they were affiliated directly with EPS.

Also RWR was tons of fun! :thumbsup:

singhs
Rookie Member

Postby singhs » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 am

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, trying to gather some information. How much time does it take from the start to the end of the whole application process (considering one has passed all the stages)?

Jframer7
Seasoned Member

Postby Jframer7 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:09 pm

singhs wrote:Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum, trying to gather some information. How much time does it take from the start to the end of the whole application process (considering one has passed all the stages)?

There is not one definitive answer. There are so many factors that come into play. The shortest is likely a few months, but usually it will probably take 3-6 months, but it could also take longer.

jpsingh
Rookie Member

Postby jpsingh » Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:54 pm

singhs wrote:Hello Everyone,

Hi There

I know couple of people who got hired recently. Shortest time period was 3 months and longest could be 9 months to a year. There are so many variable to it - like your availability for all the stages, hiring demand etc.

Good Luck with the process.

Cheers,

JS

singhs
Rookie Member

Postby singhs » Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:16 pm

So, Do I get an email or a call before my background check starts. I have passed all the stages in Sept and haven't heard anything from the services yet, except that the December class is full at the moment.

Any thought on this matter?

KLICK
Rookie Member

Postby KLICK » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:44 am

From my experience you'll get an email letting you know your background has started. Some background checks will be longer than others, mine was roughly a month if I remember correctly. Good luck in the rest of your process!

singhs
Rookie Member

Postby singhs » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:12 am

KLICK wrote:From my experience you'll get an email letting you know your background has started. Some background checks will be longer than others, mine was roughly a month if I remember correctly. Good luck in the rest of your process!

Thank you Klick, Are you in the Class# 139?