Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Loadie
Grand Poobah

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby Loadie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:44 pm

It's allot easier than what it used to be and it's still hard!

Stark

Postby Stark » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:21 pm

Congrats to the ladies and gentlemen of RTC 130! I saw the short clip on the EPS Facebook page and you all looked great.

allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Postby allbrancereal » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Hi everyone,

If anyone left GoA AUPE for EPS or CPS special forces pension, can you please send me a PM. Just need some advice.

Thanks.

mau786
Rookie Member

Postby mau786 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:20 pm

Hello guys

I have a question, sorry if this has been asked.

I will be applying as an out of province applicant, I was wondering how that process works with regards to completing the steps during your trip. Also in order to get hired do you have to complete the APREP or is there another fitness test that needs to be done.

Thanks for your replies.

Goodluck to everyone
RPAB - Nov 7, 2014
Selection Package - Dec 31, 2014
RMAQ - Feb 27, 2015

MasterPlanMan
Rookie Member

Postby MasterPlanMan » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:14 pm

mau786 wrote:Hello guys

I will be applying as an out of province applicant, I was wondering how that process works with regards to completing the steps during your trip. Also in order to get hired do you have to complete the APREP or is there another fitness test that needs to be done.

Thanks for your replies.

Goodluck to everyone

Hey mau,

Just a side note, if you are from Ontario, try and get a few of the steps out of the way with the upcoming recruitment trips to Ottawa or Montreal. I've heard they try (take this with a grain of salt as I haven't personally experienced it) to get all of the testing done for the out of province applicants in a weeks time while you are out there. So there would be a lot of running around. The more you have done prior to the visit to Edmonton, the less stressed you'd be.

Nesdolian

Postby Nesdolian » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:17 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Goodluck to everyone

http://bit.ly/1AojhOK

mack_silent
Rookie Member

Postby mack_silent » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:07 pm

Thanks for your replies.

Goodluck to everyone

The out of province testing in Ontario included the written portions (APCAT).
The physical (APREP), interviews, and remaining steps are conducted within 1 weeks time in Edmonton.
KCCO. Wake up. Kick butt. Repeat.

Stark

Postby Stark » Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:11 pm

I'd also like to add that the EPS recruiters are great with working around your schedule. I'm also an out of province applicant and I was given 4 or 5 different time slots for when I could come to Edmonton.

If you're able to do the written testing at one of the out of province information sessions, then you'd be in Edmonton from a Monday to Friday to run through the rest of the process. If you aren't able to do the written testing beforehand, you'd go down Sunday to a Friday I believe.

mau786
Rookie Member

Postby mau786 » Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:32 am

Thanks for all the help and information youve provided!
RPAB - Nov 7, 2014
RMAQ - Feb 27, 2015

Nesdolian

Postby Nesdolian » Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:47 pm

So I was planning to apply when EPS comes to BC in April and have all the forms filled out etc. However, apparently their vision requirements far exceed those of others (RCMP, VPD, Transit etc) So apparently I failed and can't apply... I wasn't even aware that I have vision issues... Never experienced any issues in LE as of yet...

:banghead:

mau786
Rookie Member

Postby mau786 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 12:51 am

MasterPlanMan wrote:

Thanks for your replies.

Goodluck to everyone

Hey mau,

Just a side note, if you are from Ontario, try and get a few of the steps out of the way with the upcoming recruitment trips to Ottawa or Montreal. I've heard they try (take this with a grain of salt as I haven't personally experienced it) to get all of the testing done for the out of province applicants in a weeks time while you are out there. So there would be a lot of running around. The more you have done prior to the visit to Edmonton, the less stressed you'd be.

Hey thanks for the advice above. I will take it!
EPS will be in ottawa on March 13, 2015 this gives me little time to prep for the testing. Any suggestions on preparing for the written test component, should i purchase a membership from policeprep?

thanks
RPAB - Nov 7, 2014
RMAQ - Feb 27, 2015

Stark

Postby Stark » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:07 am

mau786 wrote:
MasterPlanMan wrote:

Thanks for your replies.

Goodluck to everyone

Hey mau,

Hey thanks for the advice above. I will take it!
EPS will be in ottawa on March 13, 2015 this gives me little time to prep for the testing. Any suggestions on preparing for the written test component, should i purchase a membership from policeprep?

thanks

I personally found the Canadian Police Officer Exams book from PolicePrep to be really useful. You can find it at any Chapters or order it online. The first half of the book is dedicated to teaching you the relevant material and the second half is practice exams from various forces across Canada and it has detailed answer keys.

allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Postby allbrancereal » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:16 pm

Pretty quiet in our dear old EPS thread!! Anyone has any updates to share?

Just going to take this opportunity to point out something. Study hard for the exam! I encouraged 3 of my friends to apply, 2 of them failed the exams. One of them went to Ottawa and couldn't pass it. He was telling me that out of 120 who wrote the exam, only 25 passed.

Good luck to everyone :D

Stark

Postby Stark » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:50 pm

allbrancereal wrote:Pretty quiet in our dear old EPS thread!! Anyone has any updates to share?

Just going to take this opportunity to point out something. Study hard for the exam! I encouraged 3 of my friends to apply, 2 of them failed the exams. One of them went to Ottawa and couldn't pass it. He was telling me that out of 120 who wrote the exam, only 25 passed.

I'm coming out to Edmonton next week to do the APREP orientation on the 23rd. Then I'll be back in May to do all the interviews and stuff in a one week period. Definitely getting excited. I haven't been to Edmonton in 17 years so looking forward to doing some exploring.

Knuckledragger
Rookie Member

Postby Knuckledragger » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:05 pm

allbrancereal wrote:Pretty quiet in our dear old EPS thread!! Anyone has any updates to share?

Just had my full-condensed process in early March and am currently in background atm! Probably the most anxiety-inducing part of the process hahaha but hoping I'll hear some good news soon!

Overall, irregardless of the result, I had a fantastic time in Edmonton. The weather was surprisingly welcoming, and in my experience so were the people; courteous, polite, always friendly. In regards to EPS itself, I was impressed from day 1 back here in B.C. at their career fair/seminar and this continued on into Edmonton. Very well put together, very supportive, excellent feedback from my file manager/recruiting dept. I also attended a ride-along on my last day in Edmonton - with a constable who was like me, an applicant out of B.C. - which was awesome! It was on a busy Friday night (downtown) so I got to see a lot of action and had a great overall experience.

Also attended a Run with The Recruiters during my stay there and DAMN was it intense! But also a lot of fun and a good opportunity to meet a lot of like-minded people. Anyway, good luck to anyone else who is currently in the process, and to anyone who is thinking of starting an application, start getting your fitness in order and practicing for the BDI panel which (IMO) was probably the most challenging of all the steps in the process.