Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Steelie_king
Rookie Member

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby Steelie_king » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:39 am

Nice work! Sleep all you can now.

Stark

Postby Stark » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:31 pm

Congrats arcticcat! Amazing news!

cb54
Rookie Member

Postby cb54 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:23 pm

Hi All,
Just got the letter with info for the A-PREP in a couple of weeks, and had a question about the exercise attire. It states that no "pants, tanks, spandex... will be accepted" - I'm assuming then that the only allowable clothing are loose shorts and regular t-shirts?

Thanks!
AB Applicant
Reinsert 05/2016
RMAQ - 06/2016
PEP - 07/28/2016 (sent to review 8/10/2016)
PEP REC - 8/26/2016
BGI - started 8/28/16
PSYCH - 9/8/16
MED - 9/9/16
MED CLEARED - 11/01/16
SC - completed 10/31/16
TROOP 24 offered 11/04/16, start date 12/05/16

lionel_ca
Rookie Member

Postby lionel_ca » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:26 pm

cb54 wrote:Hi All,
Just got the letter with info for the A-PREP in a couple of weeks, and had a question about the exercise attire. It states that no "pants, tanks, spandex... will be accepted" - I'm assuming then that the only allowable clothing are loose shorts and regular t-shirts?

Thanks!

Ya shorts and a tshirt is the best. And remember to show up nicely dressed.
EPS Application - Submitted
ACT/APCAT - Passed
APREP - Passed
Psych test - Completed
BDI - Passed
PDI - Passed
Polygraph - Completed
Psych - Completed
Backgrounds - Completed
Aprep Renewal - Passed
Selections - Pending

Knuckledragger
Rookie Member

Postby Knuckledragger » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:46 pm

Hey Guys, Scanned 20-30 pages without luck so I apologize if this has been asked/answered already. I'm an out of town applicant flying into do the process sometime in the next couple months. I'm wondering if anyone else who has been in my position or anyone now in EPS can give me some suggestions on hotels etc that are situated close or allow easy access to the variety of different appointments. I'll be researching all this myself as well but if anyone has had previous success in this regard, please let me know it would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Knuckledragger

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:01 pm

There are several posts about the same question!

It all depends on how much you want to spend. I was lucky, I came from Ontario but have family, I stayed there. There are all sorts of hotels within walking distance to the recruiting office.

allbrancereal
Veteran Member

Postby allbrancereal » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:51 pm

Knuckledragger wrote:Hey Guys, Scanned 20-30 pages without luck so I apologize if this has been asked/answered already. I'm an out of town applicant flying into do the process sometime in the next couple months. I'm wondering if anyone else who has been in my position or anyone now in EPS can give me some suggestions on hotels etc that are situated close or allow easy access to the variety of different appointments. I'll be researching all this myself as well but if anyone has had previous success in this regard, please let me know it would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Knuckledragger

As a recent applicant who was out of province, I can tell you what I did which was comfortable for me. In my 5 day process, I had to go to 5 different places (Recruiting office, HQ, Medical office, Psychologist office, and Griesbach for A-PREP). I knew that flexible transportation would be vital. I had my BDI immediately after A-PREP in a different location. My suggestion to you would be to book a hotel anywhere but definitely get a rental car. I was staying with a friend by WEM and I found that to be close enough.

subtech
Rookie Member

Postby subtech » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:21 pm

@knuckledragger

I wrote this a few years ago. I think it's all still valid:

If money isn't an issue I suggest the Westin Edmonton hotel. It's about 5-10min walk from where you will do your testing (except for A-prep).

I remembre someone suggesting comfort inn & suites downtown. It has a full kitchen, so you could save some money by cooking your own food. It will be a little further, about 5-6min car/taxi (1.5km) or a 20min walk.

These are my two choices.

My info all comes from google map

comfort inn & suites: 10425 100 Avenue Northwest, Edmonton, AB T5J 0A3
Westin Edmonton hotel: 10135 100th Street, Edmonton,AlbertaT5J 0N7Canada

where i assume testing will be(as per join eps website):

Edmonton Police Service In-House Training Centre: 10173 97 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5H 0C8

A-prep testing:
William Griesbach Training Centre :14310 - 109 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T5E 6N3

Google map that information and you will also find a couple other viable hotels around those areas.

ex: coast edmonton plaza, Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Edmonton etc.

Hope that helps.

best of luck to all in the testing!

Subtech

Knuckledragger
Rookie Member

Postby Knuckledragger » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:53 pm

subtech wrote:@knuckledragger

I wrote this a few years ago. I think it's all still valid:

If money isn't an issue I suggest the Westin Edmonton hotel. It's about 5-10min walk from where you will do your testing (except for A-prep).

I remembre someone suggesting comfort inn & suites downtown. It has a full kitchen, so you could save some money by cooking your own food. It will be a little further, about 5-6min car/taxi (1.5km) or a 20min walk.

These are my two choices.

My info all comes from google map

comfort inn & suites: 10425 100 Avenue Northwest, Edmonton, AB T5J 0A3
Westin Edmonton hotel: 10135 100th Street, Edmonton,AlbertaT5J 0N7Canada

where i assume testing will be(as per join eps website):

Edmonton Police Service In-House Training Centre: 10173 97 St NW, Edmonton, AB T5H 0C8

A-prep testing:
William Griesbach Training Centre :14310 - 109 Street, Edmonton, Alberta, T5E 6N3

Google map that information and you will also find a couple other viable hotels around those areas.

ex: coast edmonton plaza, Crowne Plaza Chateau Lacombe Edmonton etc.

Hope that helps.

best of luck to all in the testing!

Subtech

@Subtech, Allbrancereal, and Loadie

Thanks for the advice guys, very much appreciated. I looked into the car rental and its actually more affordable than I thought so I think I'll definitely go with that option + the hotel/motel with kitchen as I'd like to handle my own meal-prep even if the rental costs a bit more. Looking forward to the trip and will post again during/afterward to update how it all worked out. Thanks again for the input, getting excited.

freshjive
Rookie Member

Postby freshjive » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:53 pm

arcticcat wrote:Sweet! Just got the call after my A-Prep, I'm in RTC 133!

How was your first taste of EPS fitness?

arcticcat
Rookie Member

Postby arcticcat » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Very intense. I didn't know you could actually work out that hard, everyone should go to run with recruiters to get a taste.

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Fri Jan 30, 2015 7:13 am

Running with the recruiters is just a SMALL taste of how hard you are going to be working out in class.

Hired Goon
Sage Member

Postby Hired Goon » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:50 am

Loadie wrote:Running with the recruiters is just a SMALL taste of how hard you are going to be working out in class.

Wise words.....
Hired Goon

Kneel26
Rookie Member

Postby Kneel26 » Fri Jan 30, 2015 10:54 am

Loadie wrote:Running with the recruiters is just a SMALL taste of how hard you are going to be working out in class.

Especially if you're in a winter class :wounded:
Pm me if you have questions :)

arcticcat
Rookie Member

Postby arcticcat » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:22 pm

I'm already noticing changes in my body, I gotta say it feels real good after the workout, I'm sure the gf will appreciate :D

But yeah, you guys weren't kidding! I get the feeling EPS is in a class of its own when it comes to fitness.