Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
bacterie
Rookie Member

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby bacterie » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:28 pm

Loadie wrote:
kjeryne wrote:YAY!! Passed the APCAT and ACT on Sat and the Pare this morning! Super ready for the next steps!!! :D
I keep hearing mixed messages about the possiblility of getting into the December class still. I would still love to be in that class if I can but . . I guess I could be patient if need be. :-(

I'd be very surprised if you got in the Dec class. It starts in less than a month. Stranger things have happened. I got in in 31 days, but that was from interview to call! I was also from Ontario too. Completed the entire process in 4 days!

Good luck though!

Wow that's great to hear, they seem very efficient in their apps.
The mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work unless it’s open.

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:14 am

Very efficient!

Great folks in the recruiting office that's for sure!

gsohunter
Rookie Member

Postby gsohunter » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:50 am

Loadie wrote:
kjeryne wrote:YAY!! Passed the APCAT and ACT on Sat and the Pare this morning! Super ready for the next steps!!! :D
I keep hearing mixed messages about the possiblility of getting into the December class still. I would still love to be in that class if I can but . . I guess I could be patient if need be. :-(

I'd be very surprised if you got in the Dec class. It starts in less than a month. Stranger things have happened. I got in in 31 days, but that was from interview to call! I was also from Ontario too. Completed the entire process in 4 days!

Good luck though!

Must contain jealousy... :shock: .must contain... 88) ..aaargh!! :smirk:

I can't wait...damn international post :angel:

mikhar
Rookie Member

Postby mikhar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:39 am

Loadie wrote:

Good luck though!

Hey Loadie,
Where in Ontario are you from? Im from Barrie, not to far from Base Bordon.
"Goals are dreams with deadlines."
- Diana Scharf Hunt

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:07 pm

I was posted to Trenton

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Loadie wrote:I was posted to Trenton

Hehe... Trenton.

I grew up in Belleville.
K division.

mikhar
Rookie Member

Postby mikhar » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:38 pm

Trenton, I heard that they have great Air Show's every summer.
"Goals are dreams with deadlines."
- Diana Scharf Hunt

kjeryne
Rookie Member

Postby kjeryne » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:56 pm

:D
Last edited by kjeryne on Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:06 am

kjeryne wrote:Got a call for the interview on Monday! :D

With who?

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:07 am

mikhar wrote:

They're not called Air Shows any longer. There is no money in the budget for those. They're called Air Displays now, yeah whatever.

This past summer was the first Air Display in 10 years. Wasn't bad though!

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:18 pm

I was deferred by the EPS today, just thought I would let you guys know.

I saw it coming, and the process was an enlightening one for myself. I know what I have to do to improve my chances in the future.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys who have been there for me since I've been a member here. A lot of you don't know what type of help you've been to me. This place is an incredible resource for those of us who are aspiring to one day become police officers. So thanks to all of you who share your experiences either on the job, or in the process, or whatever. It is much appreciated.

And a big good luck to all of you members here who are either currently in training with the EPS, in the process, or just getting out on to the streets. You guys are all going to be fantastic police officers in this city. I truly mean that. I continue to be proud of this police service because of you who are out there doing the jobs that you do. So thanks again.

dFort
Rookie Member

Postby dFort » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:44 pm

Sorry to read that news metallicat. Chin up, stand tall and don't give up. You are going to be even stronger the next time around.

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:05 am

Loadie wrote:
mikhar wrote:

They're not called Air Shows any longer. There is no money in the budget for those. They're called Air Displays now, yeah whatever.

This past summer was the first Air Display in 10 years. Wasn't bad though!

PFFFFFTTTT
I got a nice sunburn, and smelled like BBQ for days. LOL
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:44 am

metallicat wrote:I was deferred by the EPS today, just thought I would let you guys know.

I saw it coming, and the process was an enlightening one for myself. I know what I have to do to improve my chances in the future.

I just wanted to say thanks to all of you guys who have been there for me since I've been a member here. A lot of you don't know what type of help you've been to me. This place is an incredible resource for those of us who are aspiring to one day become police officers. So thanks to all of you who share your experiences either on the job, or in the process, or whatever. It is much appreciated.

And a big good luck to all of you members here who are either currently in training with the EPS, in the process, or just getting out on to the streets. You guys are all going to be fantastic police officers in this city. I truly mean that. I continue to be proud of this police service because of you who are out there doing the jobs that you do. So thanks again.

So at least you know where you went wrong and you can learn from it? That is the main thing. The first time I failed it was enlightening for myself as well. I figured once I got an interview, the rest would be easy. I was slightly wrong on that one. 88)
K division.

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:51 pm

inlimbo wrote:
PFFFFFTTTT
I got a nice sunburn, and smelled like BBQ for days. LOL

You still smell like BBQ and it's been 5 Months!

Take a shower!