Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Islander
Rookie Member

Re: Edmonton Police Service Recruiting

Postby Islander » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:00 pm

Loadie wrote:
lonefisherman wrote:Congrats to Loadie and Islander!

I've been a fly on the wall in this forum for too long - so I finally registered.

I've finished my application and gone through all of the interview stages. My application is now under review by the EPS panel. If accepted I'll be in the September class with Loadie and Islander.

I should be getting the phone call any day now. The wait is nerve racking!

My binder just came back from HQ when I called. It came back with 3 others as well.

Good luck, there are less than 40 of us out of 55 positions so far!

Less than 40/55?? Think they'll have their quota for the class?

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Wed Aug 19, 2009 8:10 pm

I dunno, but sure hope so!

Take the focus of of us with more victims to look at:)

Jframer7
Seasoned Member

Postby Jframer7 » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:11 pm

Congrats Loadie!

Btw thats the old shoulder flash for EPS in your avatar there is a new one out now with a wild rose and a few other changes.

I am having lots of fun in 117 can't wait to meet some of you when you start in Sept.

Practice Burpee's while you got the chance! and pushups and situps and pullups and toss in some running if your good at those Training will be no problem. :twisted:

metallicat
Rookie Member

Postby metallicat » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:45 am

After about six years of waiting, I finally put the application in to the EPS about a week and a half ago. I haven't really participated on this forum much in the recent past, but this has been a tremendous source of information and knowledge. I owe a lot of people here a lot of thanks and praise for the help they've given me in the past. I wish I knew how to repay all of you.

For those here who have recently been hired by the EPS, congratulations!!

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:36 am

Jframer7 wrote:Congrats Loadie!

Btw thats the old shoulder flash for EPS in your avatar there is a new one out now with a wild rose and a few other changes.

I am having lots of fun in 117 can't wait to meet some of you when you start in Sept.

Practice Burpee's while you got the chance! and pushups and situps and pullups and toss in some running if your good at those Training will be no problem. :twisted:

There we go. I think that's better! I hope anyway????

I just found out what burpees were, looks like fun?!?!?!?!?!

Greisbach will be a homecoming for me. I did my QL3's and 5's there on that base! Home sweet home.

Stills
Rookie Member

Postby Stills » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:32 am

Congrats guys! Good job.

lonefisherman
Rookie Member

Postby lonefisherman » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:02 pm

I just got the call and I'm accepted into the Sept Class! :D

What a relief to finally find out! I've very excited and will look up the other recruits who got into the class!

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:04 pm

lonefisherman wrote:I just got the call and I'm accepted into the Sept Class! :D

What a relief to finally find out! I've very excited and will look up the other recruits who got into the class!

Congrats, that's awesome!

See ya in a fwe weeks!

Maybe go out for a drink or something the night before orientation??

inlimbo
Rookie Member

Postby inlimbo » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:10 pm

Loadie wrote:
lonefisherman wrote:I just got the call and I'm accepted into the Sept Class! :D

Congrats, that's awesome!

See ya in a fwe weeks!

Maybe go out for a drink or something the night before orientation??

That would be AWWWWWWSOME. picked up for public intox the night before. LOL
I'm a multi tasker............;)
Smurf shirted Constable Side-kick.

I think that ultimately [women] have to raise the white flag, and just accept us for the emotional retards that we are, don't you think? -Hank Moody

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:18 pm

Just bought my ticket to Edmonton!

ssfoxhound
Rookie Member

Postby ssfoxhound » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:36 pm

Loadie wrote:
Jframer7 wrote:Congrats Loadie!

There we go. I think that's better! I hope anyway????

I just found out what burpees were, looks like fun?!?!?!?!?!

Greisbach will be a homecoming for me. I did my QL3's and 5's there on that base! Home sweet home.

It's changed a lot since the base was turned back over to the city. Still under construction in most areas. The EPS training centre is the old base rec center. I took my fitness test there for the reserves 13 years ago...memories :)
EPS
Application: Submitted, passed initial review
ACT / APCAT: Passed
PARE: Passed (3:52)
PDI: Passed
BDI: October 7th, 2009
Poly:
Psych and Medical:
Background:

mikhar
Rookie Member

Postby mikhar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:39 am

Hey guys,

Im new here, Im in the process of finishing my application just waiting to get my visual done on Tuesday then I can send in my app. I've been in I.T. sales here in Ont for over 10 years now and I've had a lot of employers,....you know sales when you can't make the quota then you have to move on. My question is do you think that a lot of employers will look bad on my application?

Just wondering.

Oh Loadie, I've been reading the threds, congrats on getting on the force!
"Goals are dreams with deadlines."
- Diana Scharf Hunt

Loadie
Grand Poobah

Postby Loadie » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:34 am

mikhar wrote:Hey guys,

Im new here, Im in the process of finishing my application just waiting to get my visual done on Tuesday then I can send in my app. I've been in I.T. sales here in Ont for over 10 years now and I've had a lot of employers,....you know sales when you can't make the quota then you have to move on. My question is do you think that a lot of employers will look bad on my application?

Just wondering.

Thanks much..

I can't help you out on the multiple employers issue, I've only had one employer for the last 20 years! But If you can articulate your past, I would think you'd be alright!

The process can go rather quickly for you as your from Ontario. You have to pass the written tests, they will then make arrangements for you to complete the remainder of the process in a 4 day period.

Good luck!

Islander
Rookie Member

Postby Islander » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:29 pm

mikhar wrote:Hey guys,

Just wondering.

To be honest, it depends on a case by case basis. They'll want to know why you've had so many employers over the last 10 years. I've had a long list of employers in the last 8 years, but I've had valid reasons for it - seasonal work, student jobs, layoffs, etc.

mikhar
Rookie Member

Postby mikhar » Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks for the info guys! All of my reasons are valid as well but you never know what the person on the other side of the desk thinks about things like this. I'll submit my application and let them decide, that's all I can do. :)
"Goals are dreams with deadlines."
- Diana Scharf Hunt