phalen wrote:1) how easy is it to get your choice of division, and how long can you expect to stay in one division?
2) I heard there was a $10 000 loan available to members, any info on this?
3) Can you get a lot of over time as soon as you finish all of your training?
4) I heard the shifts were 11 hours and you rotate from morning to afternoon to night. Is this correct?
also can you request to only work a certian shift, ie. only nights?
1. They try very hard to accommodate your choice of Divisions. You usually will spend 2 to 5 years before you move-having said that this is not always the case and most of the time it's what you want to do at that time.
2. Never heard of that, of course we do have a couple banks in Edmonton that will probably loan you money.
3. We have, like many other agencies, been understaffed for some time, as a result there has been more overtime paid in the past couple years then I can recall ever having been paid before.
4. Yep, 11 hour shifts that are basically 4 on 4 off. It rotates from days, early afternoons, late afternoons and then midnights. But no there are no static (all the same) shifts, except for some specialized areas that work predominantly day shift (carpet cops
'You sleep well in your bed at night only because a few rough men are willing to do violent things on your behalf"
"Some times upholding the law is messy, but you get by, one day at a time"
Semper ubi sub ubi