RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Waldo
Rookie Member

Re: GENERAL RCMP APPLICANT CHIT CHAT

Postby Waldo » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:15 pm

wicked_police wrote:
Respond Wayne wrote::mrgreen:

Okay, now back on topic... enough about cool... err I mean catchinon.

On topic... Hmmmm. If I'm an applicant, can I pick my posting before I go to the Depot? Do I get my own room at the Depot? I heard our evenings and weekends are pretty free to do anything we want, is that true? Can I wear my red coat any time I want, like in an internet personal ad?
I heard there's this guy here that used to be a teacher at the Depot(and likes to put down applicants) but couldn't handle it, so he quit the rcmp. Can he really answer my questions about the Depot?

ok, I'm being an ass now. Sorry guys. And girls.

It might actually be a good idea if somebody answered those and many other "FAQ" in a separate tread. A CLOSED thread with a sticky.

catchinon

Postby catchinon » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Respond Wayne wrote::mrgreen:
Okay, now back on toipc... enough about cool... err I mean catchinon.

WTF? :stupid:
:cuss:

wicked_police
Grand Poobah

Postby wicked_police » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:21 pm

Waldo wrote:It might actually be a good idea if somebody answered those and many other "FAQ" in a separate tread. A CLOSED thread with a sticky.

Doing a little searching and reading will find the answers. Try using some 'investigative' techniques.

And none of those were meant to be serious. I tried to think of the best of the worst I've seen on here, and that's all I could come up with.

catchinon wrote: :cuss:

:rolllaugh:

Waldo
Rookie Member

Postby Waldo » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:41 am

wicked_police wrote:
Waldo wrote:It might actually be a good idea if somebody answered those and many other "FAQ" in a separate tread. A CLOSED thread with a sticky.

Doing a little searching and reading will find the answers. Try using some 'investigative' techniques.

And none of those were meant to be serious. I tried to think of the best of the worst I've seen on here, and that's all I could come up with.

I wasn't talking for myself. I actually did that when I first found the site (although at that time there was only one "ask an RCMP" thread and "only" about 55 pages). I just thought that it might be a good idea to avoid getting the same questions over and over again.

catchinon

Postby catchinon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:49 am

Haw the RCMP thought about improving their FAQ section to make it a little more user friendly. It is currently a great resource with lots of information. However, offering a searchable FAQ section might make it more user friendly. But hey, becoming a police officer is honing your investigative skills so if you want the answers you will be able to get them.

WILLPOWER
Rookie Member

Postby WILLPOWER » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:00 am

Waldo wrote:
wicked_police wrote:

I wasn't talking for myself. I actually did that when I first found the site (although at that time there was only one "ask an RCMP" thread and "only" about 55 pages). I just thought that it might be a good idea to avoid getting the same questions over and over again.

I thought about it a couple months ago and was ready to created one with the help of senior and experienced members, but I think that my english is not good enough... I still think that It could be a good idea!
RCMP North West region

Cop23

Postby Cop23 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:24 am

Give us a break, your english is perfectly fine...
It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6

levert
Rookie Member

Postby levert » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:47 am

I'm just waiting for th real call.I passed my second pare the 2 august in quebec and succeed.The recruitment just called me 2 weeks before for to inform me that i'm ending all the process.They told me that probably not official, i will be at depot 21 january for the french course.

Now i'm just trainaing hard and wait for the real CALL...
A question:Do the recruitment will call a few weeks or month for depot.I'm just asking this cause i going to ask to my boss un "sans solde" a year without salary.

Thank you!

wicked_police
Grand Poobah

Postby wicked_police » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:41 am

argyll wrote:
wicked_police wrote:I heard there's this guy here that used to be a teacher at the Depot(and likes to put down applicants) but couldn't handle it, so he quit the rcmp. Can he really answer my questions about the Depot?

Be careful, I'll take you outside and let you beat me up....err, hang on....

...and I wasn't a teacher, I was a Drill Instructor and have the crossed swords to prove it !

I won't beat you up. I'll just teach you a lesson or two. :D But nothing that will leave any visible bruising or marks.

I have crossed pistols and rifles(with crowns!). My pistols and rifles beat your swords! HA!!!

QJ...
Rookie Member

Postby QJ... » Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:42 pm

Oh..... this poly results wait is killing me..... crap :wounded:
RPAB- Feb 25, 2008
Package received- March 27, 2008
PARE - April 16, 2008 (4:00)
Package mailed - April 17, 2008
RMSI- June 30, 2008
POLY - July 29, 2008(waiting for results)
Dental/Med- ...
Psych-...
BGI-...
PARE2 -.... October, 2008

johnny_5
Rookie Member

Postby johnny_5 » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:43 pm

QJ... wrote:Oh..... this poly results wait is killing me..... crap :wounded:

same for me... :dubious:

OFAdude
Rookie Member

Postby OFAdude » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:33 am

johnny_5 wrote:

I hear you both!! I waited an entire MONTH to hear anything back about mine, and then had to go in for a bit of clarification. It all worked out fine though. Now I'm at about 2.5 months since being told my BGI was starting (which it has..and I think is finished) and haven't' heard a word. I think I will call next week just to check on my file status.

Chaps
Rookie Member

Re:

Postby Chaps » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 am

OFAdude wrote:
johnny_5 wrote:

I hear you both!! I waited an entire MONTH to hear anything back about mine, and then had to go in for a bit of clarification. It all worked out fine though. Now I'm at about 2.5 months since being told my BGI was starting (which it has..and I think is finished) and haven't' heard a word. I think I will call next week just to check on my file status.
ap

I too am awaiting my poly results...just interested, what division are you from?? I am from "O"
Chaps
Always being ready means you never have to GET READY!

Chaps
Rookie Member

Re:

Postby Chaps » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:19 am

OFAdude wrote:
johnny_5 wrote:

ap

I too am awaiting my poly results...just interested, what division are you from?? I am from "O"
Chaps
Always being ready means you never have to GET READY!