RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Eagles1992

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Eagles1992 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:40 am

Kradford99 wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:45 am
Hi everyone !

My medical and psych were cleared in October 2020- and am just waiting on my security clearance now (yay finally the last step!)

How long did you wait (I know it does vary per person) for your clearance to go through and you received your troop offer ?

Thank you!

Anywhere from a couple of weeks to years. Obviously, these are outliers so it's safe to say somewhere in the middle.

Kradford99
Rookie Member

Postby Kradford99 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:36 pm

Makes sense ! Thank you :)

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 pm

Does anyone know what the current Covid19 restrictions are at Depot? Can or can't leave? Leave for only specific reasons?

Obviously not a big deal if that information can't be shared publicly.

Just trying to set the family up for my time away. Right now we're still being told you can leave after 16:30 and/or have visitors in the standard links provided. Which, I am sure, is definitely not the case.

Right now I'm just assuming there is no leaving Depot.

Thank you.

Axeltrouble
Rookie Member

Postby Axeltrouble » Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:48 pm

Question for those in the know...

If you dont get your posting division your wanting. And let say you stay in Sask, how long do you have to be posted before you can ask to be transferred to another division.
RCMP Application:

Applied: 2019

Shawshank

Postby Shawshank » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:16 pm

Axeltrouble wrote:
Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:48 pm

If you dont get your posting division your wanting. And let say you stay in Sask, how long do you have to be posted before you can ask to be transferred to another division.
May as well asked how long a piece of string is.
K division.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:35 am

Axeltrouble wrote:

As I have said here MANY times: if you HAVE TO ask that question, then you should HALT your application and appy to another Police or Law Enforcement Agency OTHER THAN the RCMP which HAS Provincial Policing responsibility for the Municipality and Province in which you would PREFER to be in.

If you DO continue with your application to the Force, and you do NOT get posted to your PREFERRED Division, I will tell you what I told my last field-trainee, who did NOT listen or abide: SUCCESSFULLY complete your field-training, perform your assigned duties DILIGENTLY, and indicate your PREFERENCES to Staffing, but do NOT mope around. THAT person resigned, apparently did nothing for about a year, then joined another PS, and is apparently still a serviing Police Officer.

If my comments upset you, too bad - on the part of Recruiting Branch members for NOT being more forthright, on the part of Depot staff for coddling and obfuscating, but MAINLY for you for NOT paying MORE attention to the RCMP information AND to the information posted in this very thread.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband (8*+), Dad (*), Father-In-Law (*), & Grampa (*+2)

jnkpunwpc
Rookie Member

Postby jnkpunwpc » Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:47 am

Silvaticus wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 pm
Does anyone know what the current Covid19 restrictions are at Depot? Can or can't leave? Leave for only specific reasons?

Thank you.
You cannot leave your room for the first two weeks except to run (with a mask), and you cannot leave the base for an indeterminate period of time after that but cadets can leave base though, on a troop-by-troop basis. This can be revoked. Travel inside the city is supposed to be essential (e.g., things you need to get shopping), outside the city is frowned on, and outside the province needs approval.

Silvaticus

Postby Silvaticus » Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:51 pm

jnkpunwpc wrote:
Sun Jan 24, 2021 11:47 am
Silvaticus wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:43 pm

Thank you.
You cannot leave your room for the first two weeks except to run (with a mask), and you cannot leave the base for an indeterminate period of time after that but cadets can leave base though, on a troop-by-troop basis. This can be revoked. Travel inside the city is supposed to be essential (e.g., things you need to get shopping), outside the city is frowned on, and outside the province needs approval.
Thank you for the update, much appreciated! That definitely helps for the pre-Depot prep. :D

sliversask
Rookie Member

Application process

Postby sliversask » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Hi guys, so in two days I am going to be getting SMILE (corrective eye surgery) done. I contacted a recruiter when I was able to apply to the RCMP after healing because I noticed it didn’t say how many days that I was able to apply after the surgery. She said it depends on my healing, it could be 30 days or 60 days- depending on how my eyes are and if they are fully healed.

I’m curious if I should go ahead and start my application because the process will probably be a bit longer now due to the pandemic. I have big beliefs that I will have a full recovery and that I’m able to have good vision by the 30 days are up but I’m just wanting some reassurance and clarification if I should go ahead and apply.

Much appreciated if I got some insight!

Thanks!

Pete Broccolo

Re: Application process

Postby Pete Broccolo » Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:34 pm

sliversask wrote:
Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:14 pm
Hi guys, so in two days I am going to be getting SMILE (corrective eye surgery) done. I contacted a recruiter when I was able to apply to the RCMP after healing because I noticed it didn’t say how many days that I was able to apply after the surgery. She said it depends on my healing, it could be 30 days or 60 days- depending on how my eyes are and if they are fully healed.

I’m curious if I should go ahead and start my application because the process will probably be a bit longer now due to the pandemic. I have big beliefs that I will have a full recovery and that I’m able to have good vision by the 30 days are up but I’m just wanting some reassurance and clarification if I should go ahead and apply.

Much appreciated if I got some insight!

Thanks!
Whatever Recruiting told you to do, do; absolutely NO ONE ELSE'S thoughts matter, nor are applicable.

TwoMilesAway
Rookie Member

Postby TwoMilesAway » Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:25 am

Axeltrouble wrote:

Each division can be different. Some are notorious for not letting members leave, others are easy to leave.
My advice: Hope for the best, plan for the worst.

JTJK19
Rookie Member

Postby JTJK19 » Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 am

I have a question for the board members. I am little stumped on a question is there a time limit as to when it happened?

Have you ever engaged in any act of violence (e.g. slapping, kicking, pushing, punching, or restraining) against a member of your family or household or with anyone that you are or were in a relationship with?

My sister and I are 3 years apart in age and I know growing up ie under the age of 15 for me so 12 for my sister we have gotten into a fight hit each other. I am not sure how to answer this question by definition hitting her was violence but I never hit her to the point she had to go to hospital or anything it was never in the face but punch her in the arm or push past her kind of thing. Was looking for some guidance regarding this question

Also the next question would be
Have you ever engaged in any act of violence (e.g. slapping, kicking, pushing, punching, restraining, abducting) against a person?

I grew up in northern Manitoba all there was to do was hockey and I am sure through out I have pushed, punched in games but once of the ice that would be the end of it. Is this something I would need to mark down as a yes also?

Thank You so much in advance. I am torn on these two questions

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:45 am

JTJK19 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 am
I have a question for the board members. I am little stumped on a question is there a time limit as to when it happened?

Have you ever engaged in any act of violence (e.g. slapping, kicking, pushing, punching, or restraining) against a member of your family or household or with anyone that you are or were in a relationship with?

My sister and I are 3 years apart in age and I know growing up ie under the age of 15 for me so 12 for my sister we have gotten into a fight hit each other. I am not sure how to answer this question by definition hitting her was violence but I never hit her to the point she had to go to hospital or anything it was never in the face but punch her in the arm or push past her kind of thing. Was looking for some guidance regarding this question

Have you ever engaged in any act of violence (e.g. slapping, kicking, pushing, punching, restraining, abducting) against a person?

I grew up in northern Manitoba all there was to do was hockey and I am sure through out I have pushed, punched in games but once of the ice that would be the end of it. Is this something I would need to mark down as a yes also?

You just answered your questions.

macgillivaryaj
Rookie Member

Postby macgillivaryaj » Fri Feb 12, 2021 10:32 am

JTJK19 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 am

As mentioned, you just answered these questions. In my experience, your job as an applicant is to disclose the information, its up to recruiting to decide what it relevant.
NS Applicant
App: 10/15/19
SP submitted: 10/25/19
RMAQ: 03/31/2020
RFI: 04/22/2020
RFI passed: 04/24/2020
PEP: 08/17/2020
PEP Rec: 09/01/2020
Psych: 09/21/2020
Medical: 09/21/2020
Medical Follow-up: 11/03/2020
Med Rec: 11/30/2020
SC:
Troop:

Raga
Rookie Member

Postby Raga » Mon Feb 15, 2021 9:42 am

Hi all,

I just wanted to give everyone some hope as I never really had any through the process.

I applied in 2018 of September and got to the security clearance stage in August of 2019! Had faith that one day I will hear back and finally have a security clearance in person interview booked in the coming weeks.

It is easy for me to say work on yourself and don't give up your fitness while awaiting an answer. Unfortunately it is the truth and we can't do much about it! I know times are tough but we're all in this together and one day your dream will come true!

I will update everyone if I do get the clearance or not lol, but only time will tell and I am fortunate to hear back.

Cheers,
Raga! :)