RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

BSO20620

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby BSO20620 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:11 pm

The RCMP Union is finally here. Might take a few years before a CBA is agreed on with the federal government.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nation ... -1.5210796
Alberta Community Peace Officer

RCMP Alberta Applicant
App: May 2018
SP: June 2018
RMAQ: July 2018
RMAQ Rec: Sept 2018
PEP: Oct 2018
PEP Rec: Dec 2018
Med: Dec 2018
Med Clearance: Feb 2019
BGI: Jan 2019
SC: May 2019
Troop 21 September 23

mike9998
Rookie Member

Postby mike9998 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:28 pm

Hey Everyone,
I am excited I found this helpful resource and I hope to one day meet some of you at Depot! I'm coming off of a 3 year deferral which I got in the PEP. I learned a valuable lesion to try to chill out and not be nervous for my next time around. I'm currently in suitability, waiting for the RMAQ review and the RFI. I'm excited to finally be in this waiting game again and reading through this forum has brought me some closure knowing its not just me who finds it difficult waiting.

I also had a question regarding marijuana now that its legal. I know my friend whos a RM said that an officer cant consume within 30 days of a shift which essentially bans it. I've never done any illegal drugs (including marijuana) and I was interested to know if it still carries the one year clean requirement as it was stated in the FAQ page. Does it still carry the automatic rejection or is it viewed more like alcohol where as long as you aren't abusing it, its okay?

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:23 am

mike9998 wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 10:28 pm
I was interested to know if it still carries the one year clean requirement as it was stated in the FAQ page. Does it still carry the automatic rejection or is it viewed more like alcohol where as long as you aren't abusing it, its okay?
My PEP Examiner viewed it as alcohol, so long as you aren't abusing it you are fine, provided that you are honest.

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:18 am

My PEP examiner just stated that you had to be clean 28 days before your PEP. I don't smoke (haven't since I was 16) so I didn't really get into the subject with her. Best of luck to you!
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

Merlyn1980
Rookie Member

Postby Merlyn1980 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:23 am

Mine just made sure that it was within the RCMP policy of 28 days. I also haven't smoked since I was a teenager and they passed me, so don't stress, don't lie and good luck.
B.C. Applicant
App: Jan/19
RPAB: Feb/19
SP: Mar/19
SP Rec: Apr/19
RMAQ: May/19
RFI: May/19
BGI: June/19
PEP: June/19
PEP Rec: June/19
MMPI: June/19
Medical: July/19
Psych: Aug/19
Medical Rec:
SC:
Troop: :ponder:

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Postby MichaelVAP » Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am

Hey everyone ^_^.

Passed the test and just waiting on suitability. Was told by my file coordinator that suitability has a bit of a backlog.

Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who got a troop and I’m really looking forward to my call in the future (despite the fact I’ve probably got atleast another year of waiting haha).
ON Applicant
App: 9/3/19
RPAB: 2/4/19
SP submitted: 20/4/19
SP Reviewed: 5/5/19
Clerical test: 24/5/19
RMAQ Rec:
RFI:
Field investigation:
PEP:
PEP Rec:
Psych:
Psych follow up:
Medical:
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

epeac895
Rookie Member

Postby epeac895 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 pm

MichaelVAP wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am
Hey everyone ^_^.

Passed the test and just waiting on suitability. Was told by my file coordinator that suitability has a bit of a backlog.

Just wanted to say congratulations to everyone who got a troop and I’m really looking forward to my call in the future (despite the fact I’ve probably got atleast another year of waiting haha).
Hey,

In your timeline I see ‘Clerical test’

What is this exactly, never heard of it?
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC issued:
Troop:

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Postby MichaelVAP » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:23 pm

epeac895 wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 pm
MichaelVAP wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:11 am
Hey everyone ^_^.

Hey,

In your timeline I see ‘Clerical test’

What is this exactly, never heard of it?
Neither did I until I got the email for it. I unfortunately can’t tell you about the test at all. First thing everyone is told is “if you reveal the contents it could basically make my application forfeit”. I found it easy personally but I can tell many had issues with well... heavy breathing across the room.

It may be something new they are doing.

Wish you all the best :)
ON Applicant
RMAQ Rec:
RFI:
Field investigation:
PEP:
PEP Rec:
Psych:
Psych follow up:
Medical:
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 pm

Hello dear applicants,
I was wondering if anyone is willing to practice for PARE in Ontario, Toronto area?
As i see a few other provinces offer exam preparations in YMCA, i was wondering if anyone can tell me where i can get extra help or practice here in Toronto, ON ? Any advice, suggestion, help will be appreciated ! Thank you all, and good luck everyone!

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Postby MichaelVAP » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:58 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 pm
Hello dear applicants,
I was wondering if anyone is willing to practice for PARE in Ontario, Toronto area?
As i see a few other provinces offer exam preparations in YMCA, i was wondering if anyone can tell me where i can get extra help or practice here in Toronto, ON ? Any advice, suggestion, help will be appreciated ! Thank you all, and good luck everyone!
I actually just joined a new gym, fitness battalion in Mississauga. They have classes designed more for law enforcement. People in the classes are police officer applicants and even RCMP (so I’ve been told). I asked the trainer there and he is willing to make a PARE course if there’s enough demand and we would practice it. Again, I just joined but so far the gym has a solid foundation and will definitely assist me when I get to depot by conditioning my body.
ON Applicant
RMAQ Rec:
RFI:
Field investigation:
PEP:
PEP Rec:
Psych:
Psych follow up:
Medical:
Med Rec:
SC:
Troop:

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:06 pm

MichaelVAP wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:58 pm
Charoskh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:50 pm
Hello dear applicants,
I actually just joined a new gym, fitness battalion in Mississauga. They have classes designed more for law enforcement. People in the classes are police officer applicants and even RCMP (so I’ve been told). I asked the trainer there and he is willing to make a PARE course if there’s enough demand and we would practice it. Again, I just joined but so far the gym has a solid foundation and will definitely assist me when I get to depot by conditioning my body.

Thank you for your prompt response, where abouts in Mississauga is this gym? And is there is a drop in class available? How many people do you have in class so far, how do i contact you?

I recently signed up to the gym here in my area in Richmond Hill, they do not have any law enforcement trainings classes however; for extra fee you must hire a trainer who trained a few police officers as he mentioned.

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:20 pm

doctorblue wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 6:28 pm
Troop 26!!
-CONGRATULATIONS!

May i ask when did you apply?

Charoskh
Rookie Member

Postby Charoskh » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 pm

Merlyn1980 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:23 am
Mine just made sure that it was within the RCMP policy of 28 days. I also haven't smoked since I was a teenager and they passed me, so don't stress, don't lie and good luck.
Hello,
I see your process is about the same time as mine, I also applied in Dec/Jan 2019, but I haven`t done most of the process you have, is there possibility that the application process/time can vary/differ for each province differently?

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:46 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 pm

[...] Is there possibility that the application process/time can vary/differ for each province differently?
I heard that processing time for applicants depends on where they are located provincially, however it also can vary on Regina & Ottawa since all the information needs to pass through your Recruiting Analyst (Which most likely they are based in Regina) and Ottawa (They double check/confirm the information from your Recruiting Analyst).

Most often than not, there is a backlog of files either at QAR or Security Clearance if you have seen the recent posts.

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:51 pm

Charoskh wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:27 pm
Merlyn1980 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:23 am
Hello,
I see your process is about the same time as mine, I also applied in Dec/Jan 2019, but I haven`t done most of the process you have, is there possibility that the application process/time can vary/differ for each province differently?
Short answer, yes! Tack on an infinite amount of other reasons as to why process/time can vary/differ, you’ll realize soon that it just doesn’t matter and you’ll never be satisfied trying to make sense of it, just sit tight:)