RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.
Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:27 pm

oscar_mike wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:42 pm
Just thinking about the long, tiring situations too...not the easy dump and cuff but the ongoing fights. 1 minute already feels like 10. So I don't want someone backing me up that gets gassed after 2 mins.
You'd be surprised on the amount of people who get sent home by Week 2. Physical fitness is such an important aspect, every potential cadet needs to come in beyond the bare minimum of physical conditioning.

oscar_mike
Rookie Member

Postby oscar_mike » Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:26 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:27 pm
oscar_mike wrote:
Just thinking about the long, tiring situations too...not the easy dump and cuff but the ongoing fights. 1 minute already feels like 10. So I don't want someone backing me up that gets gassed after 2 mins.
You'd be surprised on the amount of people who get sent home by Week 2. Physical fitness is such an important aspect, every potential cadet needs to come in beyond the bare minimum of physical conditioning.
I think you'd be surprised at how not surprised I am :D

Honestly I'm just happy they are actually sending people away for not being prepared for something they signed up for. Bringing back pre-depot PAREs would go a long way to prepare people to be in the shape they need to be. Or at least serve as a reality check.
RPAB: 2019-11-21
SP submitted: 2019-12-02
moved to suitability: 2020-01-28
RMAQ: 2020-02-28
RFI: 2020-03-09
recommenced to PEP: 2020-03-24
PEP:
Med:
MMPI:
SC:

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:27 pm

oscar_mike wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 5:26 pm
Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
oscar_mike wrote:
Bringing back pre-depot PAREs would go a long way to prepare people to be in the shape they need to be. Or at least serve as a reality check.
Totally agree 👍
"The more you know, the less you fear" - Astronaut Cpt. Chris Hadfield.

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:08 pm

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
oscar_mike wrote:
what happens to them after being sent home ? Do they give them a chance to improve their fitness and then go back in ? Or they have to restart the whole process from the beginning ?

sig1992

Postby sig1992 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:35 pm

DanyD92 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Tornelco wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:17 pm
Jamesscobey wrote:
Sun May 31, 2020 9:28 pm
So I submitted my initial application on GC jobs a few days ago, my question is I'm about to hit the 3 year mark that qualifies me as a veteran and gives me preferential hiring, should I wait to submit my application till I hit the 3 year mark or can I keep my application submitted and just email the recruitment after I hit the 3 year mark, I'm still a month or two away so I figure may as well apply now right?
There's a user here "Sig1992" that had veteran status and has been waiting for security clearance for 14 months or something.
Yes its Sig1992. He was deffered once or twice before and had come back stronger each time. Motivational to say the least when it comes to the process.
Thanks for the support. I’m a firm believer in perseverance and learning from my past. Policing, and the sacrifices that come with it (and every other career where service before self is a fundamental pillar) isn’t for everyone. If I were to give up after attempt #1, #2 or #3, I would have not grown and honed my skills, or gained the life experience I now have which have turned me into the best version of myself and made me a competitive and strong candidate. I’m still waiting, but am also pursuing other opportunities. I just completed my blended interview with a municipal force today. Although I yearn for a position with the RCMP, in the end, if I can live a life of service before self for another agency and excel in community policing with any other agency I will be just as happy and fulfilled. I still have so much to learn and improve so I’m taking the time as a blessing in disguise.
Deferral: 2013
Deferral: 2015
Deferral: 2016
RPAB: Exempt
SP: JUL-18
RMAQ: SEP-18
QA: SEP-18
PEP: OCT-18
PEP PASS: DEC-18
MED JAN-19
Psych: FEB-19
BGI: MAR-19
Psych II: MAR-19
DSU: MAR-19
MED clear: APR-19
SEC issued: ?
Troop: ?

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:49 pm

sig1992 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:35 pm
DanyD92 wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:48 pm
Tornelco wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:17 pm

There's a user here "Sig1992" that had veteran status and has been waiting for security clearance for 14 months or something.
Yes its Sig1992. He was deffered once or twice before and had come back stronger each time. Motivational to say the least when it comes to the process.
Thanks for the support. I’m a firm believer in perseverance and learning from my past. Policing, and the sacrifices that come with it (and every other career where service before self is a fundamental pillar) isn’t for everyone. If I were to give up after attempt #1, #2 or #3, I would have not grown and honed my skills, or gained the life experience I now have which have turned me into the best version of myself and made me a competitive and strong candidate. I’m still waiting, but am also pursuing other opportunities. I just completed my blended interview with a municipal force today. Although I yearn for a position with the RCMP, in the end, if I can live a life of service before self for another agency and excel in community policing with any other agency I will be just as happy and fulfilled. I still have so much to learn and improve so I’m taking the time as a blessing in disguise.
Best of luck to you man. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Pho-fo-Sho
Rookie Member

Postby Pho-fo-Sho » Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 pm

Canadianpatriot wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:08 pm
what happens to them after being sent home ? Do they give them a chance to improve their fitness and then go back in ? Or they have to restart the whole process from the beginning ?
They're given a 6 month deferral and then re-insertion if they so wish - I am unsure of how long will it take for them to be reinserted.

Canadianpatriot
Rookie Member

Postby Canadianpatriot » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:26 am

Pho-fo-Sho wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:54 pm
Canadianpatriot wrote:
Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:08 pm
They're given a 6 month deferral and then re-insertion if they so wish - I am unsure of how long will it take for them to be reinserted.
👍👍👍

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:43 am

Given my age, and that I was issued a stegosaurus when I got to Depot (I really miss Blue; he kept me in steaks, roasts, and sausage for a LONG time after his last ride...but I digress), my view is somewhat tattered, yellow, and odiferous.

Better that you start out, and stay, fit, plus your academic, and other studies, so when you are working the Pinkie Pumpkin Patch Party, you can talk, or deploy a CEW, or go toe-to-toe, when the stupidest "client" just will not settle-down simply by acknowledging your awesome presence as you do your walk-through.

Do not concern yourself with the minutiae of why of the requirements, especially before getting accepted to Depot - just meet, or beat, them once you get there. After you graduate, and you have actually done the work, then offer your thoughts to whomever the Commissioner is at the time.

No hi-5'ing, or congratulating, me regarding this comment, nor quote it, or I nuke your post.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad (*), Father-In-Law, & Grampa (*+2)