RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Shawshank
Poobah Overlord

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Shawshank » Fri May 31, 2019 10:16 pm

Pete Broccolo wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:59 pm
Tornelco wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:06 pm
Well, I guess the "RCMP Hiring Craze" that has been happening for the past 3-4 years is coming to an end seeing as they have reintroduced the interview back into the process, I wonder how hard it is or what it even is. I'm curious about how long until applicants will be required to complete the PARE at a certain time as a part of the hiring process like back in the day!

Shame I couldn't get on board beforehand but life goes on! It'll be interesting to see the direction of the RCMP in the next few years!
It is an interview, and just part of the scrutiny Cadets face every moment that they are at Depot until they become a Constable, then what they will face during their Field Training, plus what our members face every day.

While I did not have to do PARE until MANY years after completing Basic Recruit Training, I certainly understood the rationale for demanding of our applicants, given that the Force found a direct correlation between pre-Depot PARE performance and how well Cadets performed. I thought it was a bad idea to drop the requirement, so if if US being re-instituted, I am glad.

Given your comments, maybe you better be EXTRA prepared and ready, or else you are not going to make it to, let alone graduate from, Depot.
You were for more articulate than I would have been, nicer too. My response would have been that if a man throwing his hat on the ground then stomping on it.
K division.

markinvan
Rookie Member

Postby markinvan » Fri May 31, 2019 10:41 pm

Hello guys, first time posting here. This site has helped me a lot through out the RCMP application. I got an email from my recruiter a week and half ago that she received my security clearance. She also told me that she will be talking to the troop loader and double checked my phone number. Does this mean I made it to the end already? And how long does it usually take for me to hear back from the recruiter about the troop date. Thank you so much for your help.

P.S I will update my signature with my selection process dates.
BC Applicant
Lasik Surgery-04/18
Online App-05/18
SP-08/18
RMAQ Rev-10/18
PEP-11/18
PEP Rec-12/18
MMPI-2-01/19
FSR Rec-02/18
Medical Rec-04/19
Security Rec-05/19
Troop #23 Oct.14 :pistols:

livinthelife

Postby livinthelife » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:13 am

markinvan wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:41 pm
Hello guys, first time posting here. This site has helped me a lot through out the RCMP application. I got an email from my recruiter a week and half ago that she received my security clearance. She also told me that she will be talking to the troop loader and double checked my phone number. Does this mean I made it to the end already? And how long does it usually take for me to hear back from the recruiter about the troop date. Thank you so much for your help.

P.S I will update my signature with my selection process dates.
Security means you will get a troop offer eventually. Everyone's time line is different. Good luck with a troop date soon!

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:43 am

Tornelco wrote:
Well, I guess the "RCMP Hiring Craze" that has been happening for the past 3-4 years is coming to an end seeing as they have reintroduced the interview back into the process, I wonder how hard it is or what it even is. I'm curious about how long until applicants will be required to complete the PARE at a certain time as a part of the hiring process like back in the day!

Shame I couldn't get on board beforehand but life goes on! It'll be interesting to see the direction of the RCMP in the next few years!

Shame on the RCMP for wanting to go that extra step to screen applicants and make sure they are the “Right Fit” for the job. What are they thinking? 🤦‍♂️
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

JLuens
Rookie Member

Postby JLuens » Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:27 pm

Just a reminder for applicants, if you are coming to Depot thinking you are guaranteed a spot in a province just remember, unless it was a pre posting agreement the RCMP reserves the right to post you anywhere based on operational need. So if by checking that box that asked which province you wanted to be posted to for your first posting you thought you will be entitled to that spot I'll break the news to you now. You are not and will not be guaranteed that spot, please don't come here get told that then complain for days on end about it. The requirement to apply was to be willing and to know that the RCMP will post you wherever best suits their needs. Considerations are made in some aspects but don't consider yourself guaranteed any spot unless it was established as I stated before. Don't come to depot thinking that you won't be the one to get a posted somewhere you don't want to be because you may very likely be disappointed. The goal for coming to Depot is to get your badge and start your career. If you can't handle going to any other province I would reconsider your application because there is nothing worse than someone coming to Depot and resigning in the first week because they didn't know that. Food for thought.

Edit: my post is strictly speaking about resigning for that specific reason.
Last edited by JLuens on Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RCMP-BC App
-----
App-07/26
RPAB-08/09
SP Rec-08/30
SP Sent-09/01
SP Rev-09/08
RMAQ Int-09/25
PEP-11/29

PEP REC-01/09
PEP REV-02/15
BGI-03/15
MED-04/06
FSR REC-05/31
MED REC-04/18
Psych-07/05
SC-09/26
SC REC-12/11
Troop-12/17
Troop 6

Tornelco
Veteran Member

Postby Tornelco » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm

Leeworthy wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:43 am
Tornelco wrote:

Shame on the RCMP for wanting to go that extra step to screen applicants and make sure they are the “Right Fit” for the job. What are they thinking? 🤦‍♂️
I dunno how anyone who saw my message can take this as me "shaming" the RCMP. I never saw the interview in the last 3 years of lurking here so I brought it up for discussion's sake, Ya know? something else to talk about other than the same 90% of stuff. Figured that since the RCMP was bringing back the interview, they may bring back the PARE as well.

My comment that seems to have you and 2 others in a big stir about "shame "I" (ME) (NOT THE RCMP) couldn't get on when the hiring craze was going on. Personally, I'm glad the interview is back, I wish the PARE would come back to.
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

New_BC
Rookie Member

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby New_BC » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:50 pm

Edit
Last edited by New_BC on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:11 am

Tornelco wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:46 pm
Leeworthy wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:43 am
Tornelco wrote:

I dunno how anyone who saw my message can take this as me "shaming" the RCMP. I never saw the interview in the last 3 years of lurking here so I brought it up for discussion's sake, Ya know? something else to talk about other than the same 90% of stuff. Figured that since the RCMP was bringing back the interview, they may bring back the PARE as well.

My comment that seems to have you and 2 others in a big stir about "shame "I" (ME) (NOT THE RCMP) couldn't get on when the hiring craze was going on. Personally, I'm glad the interview is back, I wish the PARE would come back to.
Your post gave off the vibe, we are just responding to it; you may NOT have meant the vibe we detected, but still...

Depot instructors are VERY thorough, so take your lumps now, ponder them in your heart, and IF you get there, survive, accept your first posts, and future postings, you may better understand this.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

epeac895
Rookie Member

Postby epeac895 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:32 pm

Got my medical approval today! Just waiting on security clearance now 🤞
AB Applicant
App:02/08/18
RPAB:11/09/18
SP:07/11/18
RMAQ Rvw:18/12/18
PEP:12/01/19
PEP Apr:18/01/19
BGI:26/02/19
Med/Psych:28/02/19
Psych Int:10/05/19
Med approv:5/06/19
FSR:06/03/19
DSU:13/03/19
SC issued:
Troop:

OPTIX
Rookie Member

Postby OPTIX » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Are candidates generally denied / deferred immediately at any point in the hiring process?
Or are those decisions only made at certain later stages?

I had my RMAQ a week ago and can't help wonder if I didn't make the cut would I still have to wait until a later stage to find out.
PARE: Sept 2018
APP: Oct 2018
RMAQ: May 2019

Tornelco
Veteran Member

Postby Tornelco » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:58 pm

OPTIX wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm
Are candidates generally denied / deferred immediately at any point in the hiring process?

I had my RMAQ a week ago and can't help wonder if I didn't make the cut would I still have to wait until a later stage to find out.
I was deferred immediately after the RMAQ and then my buddy got deferred for his disclosures but they waited until final suitability.

khaira93
Rookie Member

Postby khaira93 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:49 pm

OPTIX wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:40 pm

Completely different for everyone and depends on circumstances/disclosures. Just have to be honest and patient! :D
Troop 28, 2018/11/26 - 2019/06/03
E Division

OPTIX
Rookie Member

Postby OPTIX » Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:26 pm

thanks for the replies. Now I'll wait and see.

Tornelco, are you still on deferral?
PARE: Sept 2018
APP: Oct 2018
RMAQ: May 2019

Jon.
Grand Poobah

Postby Jon. » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:06 pm

JLuens wrote:
Sat Jun 01, 2019 5:27 pm
please don't come here get told that then complain for days on end about it. The requirement to apply was to be willing and to know that the RCMP will post you wherever best suits their needs. Considerations are made in some aspects but don't consider yourself guaranteed any spot unless it was established as I stated before. Don't come to depot thinking that you won't be the one to get a posted somewhere you don't want to be because you may very likely be disappointed. The goal for coming to Depot is to get your badge and start your career. If you can't handle going to any other province I would reconsider your application because there is nothing worse than someone coming to Depot and resigning in the first week because they didn't know that. Food for thought.
It's funny, half the BC guys in my troop were busy filling out VPD and other BC muni applications come posting time, because they were scared shitless they weren't going back to BC. Then when they all got BC, a bunch of them lectured the rest of the troop not to be upset, you signed up agreeing to go anywhere.

Please don't be that BC person.

Tornelco
Veteran Member

Postby Tornelco » Wed Jun 05, 2019 5:43 pm

OPTIX wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:26 pm
thanks for the replies. Now I'll wait and see.

Tornelco, are you still on deferral?
Yeah, I'm still on the deferral. Why, do you have any questions?