RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

stormgraff
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby stormgraff » Tue May 28, 2019 11:42 am

sig1992 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:42 am
Hello,

Has anyone had to re-do CPR/First Aid while waiting for security clearance? Mine expires in early October and I was informed Friday by recruiting that troops are now being filled for September and October.

I am now currently waiting for security clearance, since there is no guarantee of a clearance or even a timeline for receiving one, I’m wondering if it’s advisable that I re-certify prior to receiving clearance or to wait for clearance before re-certifying.

Thank you!
Hi! I had to re-do my First Aid & CPR last week. I'm in the final stages but you have to have it before you get to depot as far as I understand. You can always ask your coordinator but I would suggest getting it renewed if your not in depot by the time it expires.
ON APPLICANT

Applied - June 18
RMAQ - Sept 18
PEP - Oct 18
PEP Rec - Oct 18
Med / Psych - Jan 4/ Jan 22
Psych Follow up - April 26
BGI - March 6
Psych Rec- May 19
Med Rec - May 19
FS - May 19
SC Rec -
Troop Offer -

New_BC
Rookie Member

Postby New_BC » Tue May 28, 2019 1:50 pm

Can anyone comment or shed some light on what reasons someone is asked to go home from Depot? is it attitude, injuries, lack of effort? are there warnings or sitdowns to try and correct the behavior before hand?
Its a lot of stress to give up your occupation and take minimal pay for 6 months and curious as to how often things like this happen
Thanks

Caleb10
Veteran Member

Postby Caleb10 » Tue May 28, 2019 2:51 pm

New_BC wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:50 pm
Can anyone comment or shed some light on what reasons someone is asked to go home from Depot? is it attitude, injuries, lack of effort? are there warnings or sitdowns to try and correct the behavior before hand?
Its a lot of stress to give up your occupation and take minimal pay for 6 months and curious as to how often things like this happen
Thanks
All the above. Focus on yourself, do what they tell you, mind your own business, and be yourself. You won’t have to worry about getting sent home.
Police Officer

New_BC
Rookie Member

Postby New_BC » Tue May 28, 2019 3:07 pm

Caleb10 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:51 pm
New_BC wrote:
Thanks
All the above. Focus on yourself, do what they tell you, mind your own business, and be yourself. You won’t have to worry about getting sent home.
Thanks

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Tue May 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Caleb10 wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 2:51 pm
New_BC wrote:
Thanks
I concur.
As far as frequency, the average is about 1 of 32.
The Force invests a lot into each Cadet, so its not willy-nilly about the puntings, but we will only put up with so much then its time to cut our losses.
Just don't be stupid.
FYI, edited to eliminate many errors made while on my phone...sober, I might add!
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

John014
King Poobah

Postby John014 » Tue May 28, 2019 10:58 pm

New_BC wrote:
Thanks
There are 1000 reasons you can be sent home. If thinking about it before even being accepted to Depot is causing you too much stress than I can guarantee this job will be too much for you.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

John014
King Poobah

Re: *** ASK AN RCMP RECRUITER ***

Postby John014 » Tue May 28, 2019 11:15 pm

New_BC wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:54 pm
What are recruitment opinions on applicants that have any kind of competitive combat sport experience? I have been told different things from different people; Individuals who have boxed in the past or grapple as a hobby may be exceptionally aggressive and the wrong temperament for a career in law enforcement. I have also been told that it is good experience that can be related to proper use of force if the situation warrants it. Is this something I should emphasize during my recruitment process?
Thanks!
Honestly, are you legit?

I fight. I box. I grapple. These are skills that I brought with me and am happy to have when I work. Never once have I been the "wrong temperament" for a career in LE.

If you do not know how to fight then I can guarantee you will get your ass kicked as a GD Cop.

I am 50/50 on whether you are a troll. Please prove me wrong.
If you choose Law Enforcement you LOSE the right to be unfit.

Police Officer

Dereck
Rookie Member

Postby Dereck » Wed May 29, 2019 12:30 am

Arnold75 wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 10:23 pm
Good evening everyone,

Long time observer, first time poster. I would like to thank everything who contributes their time to participate in this forum. Former members, current members, future members, depot web and all others, your time is appreciated.

I have been selected for Troop 19 beginning Sept 9th. My timeline (for curiosity, as from my observations it varies greatly) began with my application in May 2018 and my Troop offer May 2019.

This forum has been very helpful in answering my questions, I have found an abundance of information just through doing some scrolling.

I am unable to find a direct answer relating to pension buyback. From my understanding, cadets are not considered employees and become RM’s at the completion of Depot if they are offered a posting. Is the time expended as a cadet eligible to a pension “buyback” once enrolled as an RM?

Thank you for your time.

Congratulations, I’m also in Troop 19, see you there 👍🏻
RCMP BC Applicant

Def. 2014
Def. 2016
Reinsertion 03/18
SP 03/18
RMAQ 05/18
PEP 07/18
PEP Rec 10/18
MED 11/18
MED Clear 01/19
SC 11/18
SC clear 04/19

Troop 19

BCJ
Rookie Member

Postby BCJ » Wed May 29, 2019 12:59 pm

The long wait paid off this morning.
Troop 22 - September 30th
BC Applicant - Reinsertion

PRK Surgery-05/18
Online App-07/18
SP Sent-07/18
RMAQ Rev-10/18
PEP-11/18
PEP Rec-12/18
Med sent-12/18
Psych sent-01/18
BGI Rec-01/18
Final Health-02/18
FSR Rec-02/18
Med Rec-03/18
Security clearance-05/19
Troop#22-Sept.30

miscaware
Rookie Member

Postby miscaware » Thu May 30, 2019 11:03 pm

How long did it take everyone to hear back after the Right Fight Interview? Just had mine earlier today and am super anxious about the results

Bewe
Rookie Member

Postby Bewe » Fri May 31, 2019 8:44 am

Right fit interview ? Is that the RMAQ interview ?

miscaware
Rookie Member

Postby miscaware » Fri May 31, 2019 1:22 pm

It’s a new addition to the selection process. It’s pretty much the RMSI but over the phone. It takes place after your RMAQ phone call

Leeworthy
Grand Poobah

Postby Leeworthy » Fri May 31, 2019 3:18 pm

miscaware wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 1:22 pm
It’s a new addition to the selection process. It’s pretty much the RMSI but over the phone. It takes place after your RMAQ phone call
Two days later for me I was in background. So I assume I passed lol
RCMP
Application submitted 6 Sept 2018
RPAB - 9 Oct 18 - Pass
SP Received - 5 Oct 18
SP Submitted - 7 Oct 18
RMAQ - 7 May 19
RFI - 13 May 19
PEP - 27 June 19

Tornelco
Veteran Member

Postby Tornelco » Fri May 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Well, I guess the "RCMP Hiring Craze" that has been happening for the past 3-4 years is coming to an end seeing as they have reintroduced the interview back into the process, I wonder how hard it is or what it even is. I'm curious about how long until applicants will be required to complete the PARE at a certain time as a part of the hiring process like back in the day!

Shame I couldn't get on board beforehand but life goes on! It'll be interesting to see the direction of the RCMP in the next few years!
"Don't put a man where you can put a bullet"
-Sgt K, An Amazing Police Officer

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri May 31, 2019 9:59 pm

Tornelco wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 8:06 pm
Well, I guess the "RCMP Hiring Craze" that has been happening for the past 3-4 years is coming to an end seeing as they have reintroduced the interview back into the process, I wonder how hard it is or what it even is. I'm curious about how long until applicants will be required to complete the PARE at a certain time as a part of the hiring process like back in the day!

Shame I couldn't get on board beforehand but life goes on! It'll be interesting to see the direction of the RCMP in the next few years!
It is an interview, and just part of the scrutiny Cadets face every moment that they are at Depot until they become a Constable, then what they will face during their Field Training, plus what our members face every day.

While I did not have to do PARE until MANY years after completing Basic Recruit Training, I certainly understood the rationale for demanding of our applicants, given that the Force found a direct correlation between pre-Depot PARE performance and how well Cadets performed. I thought it was a bad idea to drop the requirement, so if if US being re-instituted, I am glad.

Given your comments, maybe you better be EXTRA prepared and ready, or else you are not going to make it to, let alone graduate from, Depot.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)