RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby MichaelVAP » Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm

John014 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:05 am
MichaelVAP wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:17 pm
Silly question but, I already have both my restricted and unrestricted firearms license, still valid with no issues in the past. If/When I get a chance to go to the depot, will having my license allow me to fast track some of the basics or will I have to redo everything from scratch? Not a big deal if I have to do it over from scratch, was mainly curious about the matter.

On another note, will the RCMP allow me to bring supplements to the depot? I understand we are allowed to bring a chest so to speak and hide it under the bed which won’t be touched. But since these are standard supplements (calcium, protein, iron, potassium, etc...) and I’m not deficient, will they confiscate them?

Lastly, reading some news regarding Surrey turning in the RCMP and bringing in their own police force so to speak. This would eliminate the RCMP in that area I’m assuming. Other news outlets I read said this could cause a domino effect. Will this mean they may stop recruitment due to lack of positions or worse even if I get in and complete depot may be let go due to no positions available?

Sorry for the book
You should be sorry for the book... actually I have no idea what you mean by that.

I am trying to be nice and keep saying out loud that there is no such thing as a stupid question. I am though thinking that I am on a forum of people who want to be police officers and I remember that we are considered professionals who are called upon in court not to be dumb as balls. I also realize that I hate working with people who are stupid.

Please do not apply. The RCMP at the Depot will take your calcium and turn it over to Surrey Mayor Doug McCallum who will domino the RCMP out of business. I would hate for this to happen and need your illegal calcium not to ruin my career.
I felt the love there :) to be frank the mayor could probably do good with the calcium :P.

By book I meant the long question / post.

I do appreciate you reading my post though and replying ^_^. I very much want to be an RCMP and have been dieting + gym (5 times a week). Was 270lbs as of March 1st and now 248lbs as of May 16th. (Also using a scale that sends electrical currents through the body to determine water weight vs fat vs bone vs other stuff)

No illegal substances though. Never have and never will.

If anyone would like to know what my diet consists of though feel free to pm me ^_^.

Thanks again.
ON App
March 9th 2019 - Applied online
April 2nd 2019 - RPAB
April 16th 2019 - S/P received
April 19th 2019 - OLISS sent
April 20th 2019 - S/P sent
June 5th 2019 - S/P approved
June 24th 2019 - Clerical Test

lmapplicant28
Rookie Member

Postby lmapplicant28 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:12 pm

Hello,

My file was sent to DSU mid January and I just received an email today letting me know that my security clearance has been issued. Now just waiting on that final phone call with a troop date.

RayanniS
Rookie Member

Postby RayanniS » Fri May 17, 2019 11:58 am

MichaelVAP wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:00 pm
John014 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 5:05 am
MichaelVAP wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 2:17 pm
Silly question but, I already have both my restricted and unrestricted firearms license, still valid with no issues in the past. If/When I get a chance to go to the depot, will having my license allow me to fast track some of the basics or will I have to redo everything from scratch? Not a big deal if I have to do it over from scratch, was mainly curious about the matter.

On another note, will the RCMP allow me to bring supplements to the depot? I understand we are allowed to bring a chest so to speak and hide it under the bed which won’t be touched. But since these are standard supplements (calcium, protein, iron, potassium, etc...) and I’m not deficient, will they confiscate them?

Lastly, reading some news regarding Surrey turning in the RCMP and bringing in their own police force so to speak. This would eliminate the RCMP in that area I’m assuming. Other news outlets I read said this could cause a domino effect. Will this mean they may stop recruitment due to lack of positions or worse even if I get in and complete depot may be let go due to no positions available?

Sorry for the book
Hi there!
You cannot bring a chest to Depot! Underneath you bed you will have 2 black boxes that you can keep your personal belongings, if locked they will never be touched during inspection! Also in the common area, each cadet have a big plastic container where they can keep their food, so you can most definitely keep your calcium there and they will not confiscate it!!
Good luck!

2nie
Rookie Member

Postby 2nie » Fri May 17, 2019 1:10 pm

Can anyone give an example for the suitability interview?..Thanks in advance

Dereck
Rookie Member

Postby Dereck » Fri May 17, 2019 1:38 pm

Received my phone call yesterday Troop #19 September 9th, so excited.
See you guys there
RCMP BC Applicant

Def. 2014
Def. 2016
Reinsertion 03/18
SP 03/18
RMAQ 05/18
PEP 07/18
PEP Rec 10/18
MED 11/18
MED Clear 01/19
SC 11/18
SC clear 04/19

Troop 19

Dereck
Rookie Member

Postby Dereck » Fri May 17, 2019 1:41 pm

Chronoclast17 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 9:08 pm
Alex4594 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 6:44 pm
Chronoclast17 wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 3:18 pm
Just got the call for Troop 19 - Sept 9. :D
Congrats ! see you there
Thanks!
Hey congrats to you both, I will be there too in Troop 19. See you September 9th :)
RCMP BC Applicant

Def. 2014
Def. 2016
Reinsertion 03/18
SP 03/18
RMAQ 05/18
PEP 07/18
PEP Rec 10/18
MED 11/18
MED Clear 01/19
SC 11/18
SC clear 04/19

Troop 19

RayanniS
Rookie Member

Postby RayanniS » Fri May 17, 2019 6:28 pm

2nie wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 1:10 pm
I didnt have a suitability interview but if you are asking about the Rmaq interview, they will only ask you questions from the rmaq questionnaire!
What stage are you??

2nie
Rookie Member

Postby 2nie » Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 pm

RayanniS wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 6:28 pm
2nie wrote:
I didnt have a suitability interview but if you are asking about the Rmaq interview, they will only ask you questions from the rmaq questionnaire!
What stage are you??
Still waiting for my RMAQ Interview.

Pete Broccolo

Postby Pete Broccolo » Sun May 19, 2019 5:07 pm

2nie wrote:
You will be asked questions, and you will be expected to answer honestly.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
Husband, Dad, Father-In-Law, & Grampa(x6)

VanSmack

Postby VanSmack » Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm

2nie wrote:

Sure they could, if they are cool with violating the terms of the non disclosure agreement every applicant signs at the beginning of the application process, and demonstrating a lack of reliability when it comes to maintaining confidentiality of information.

The fact that you would even ask someone else to break that confidentiality is kind of troubling, as you would have had to sign the same agreement in order to ever be in a position to need to know about the information you are asking for. Police officers are required to take an oath of secrecy and have access to a wide range of sensitive and/or personal information, if you can't even respect a basic agreement not to share information about an application process - an agreement you presumably signed within the last 12-18 months or less - why should anyone have confidence that you'd be able to do it over a 25+ year career?
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

2nie
Rookie Member

Postby 2nie » Sun May 19, 2019 9:34 pm

VanSmack wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm
2nie wrote:

Sure they could, if they are cool with violating the terms of the non disclosure agreement every applicant signs at the beginning of the application process, and demonstrating a lack of reliability when it comes to maintaining confidentiality of information.

Sorry about that.,

The fact that you would even ask someone else to break that confidentiality is kind of troubling, as you would have had to sign the same agreement in order to ever be in a position to need to know about the information you are asking for. Police officers are required to take an oath of secrecy and have access to a wide range of sensitive and/or personal information, if you can't even respect a basic agreement not to share information about an application process - an agreement you presumably signed within the last 12-18 months or less - why should anyone have confidence that you'd be able to do it over a 25+ year career?

2nie
Rookie Member

Postby 2nie » Sun May 19, 2019 9:38 pm

2nie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 9:34 pm
VanSmack wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:48 pm
2nie wrote:

Sorry about that.,

[/quot

Sorry about that.,

RayanniS
Rookie Member

Postby RayanniS » Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 am

2nie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 pm
RayanniS wrote:
2nie wrote:
What stage are you??
So your phone interview will only be based on the Rmaq questionnaire! I suggest you print the questionnaire and have it handy in case they call.

2nie
Rookie Member

Postby 2nie » Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 pm

RayanniS wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 12:21 am
2nie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 3:13 pm
RayanniS wrote:

What stage are you??
So your phone interview will only be based on the Rmaq questionnaire! I suggest you print the questionnaire and have it handy in case they call.
Thank you for the heads up.

Mussa99
Rookie Member

Postby Mussa99 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:08 am

Hey everyone, depot web not sure if you could help with this:

I just finished university and have a student loan. Our new Ontario government made it so that we no longer have a grace period after we leave school. Was wondering if depot for the rcmp is recognized by the national student loan services. Not trying to get a student loan for depot just trying to see if I can freeze the interest while I attend depot because technically I’m still in “school”.

Thankyou