RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Discuss the educational and physical requirements, testing process and background phase involved in the hiring process. Includes the experiences and advice of current and past applicants. All agency application related questions belong here.

Moderators: Respond Wayne, Pete Broccolo, opp2, CourtOfficer

Chronoclast17
Rookie Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:49 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Chronoclast17 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 am

Applicant2018 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:31 pm
End of summer? Ohh my days! I was thinking I would be in Depot for May or June. Security Clearance took about a month for me.
Unless an opening becomes available, troops are being filled for late July / early August as per last conversation with my FC a week ago. I'm also waiting on a troop offer (I requested a minimum of 30 days notice).

Nick94
Rookie Member
Posts: 44
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:36 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Nick94 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:46 pm

To any serving members, would anyone be able to tell me what are the prerequisites to join IBET in C Division? How many years of experience would a member needs to apply? Do they need a certain amount of knowledge of immigration and customs acts?

schaud403
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby schaud403 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm

Evening folks,

My first time posting and had a general question. My search attempt was unsuccessful so apologies in advance for beating the dead horse on this subject :D

I'm interested in applying with the RCMP but struggle with the relocation piece. Fully understand that it is what it is but I'm curious to understand when and if the RCMP will consider certain exceptions and are recruits ever in a position to negotiate considering the force is looking to fill over 1,000 headcount over the next little while. My situation is this:

- Family of 5 (kids are 3, 9 and 11)
- Established for several years just outside Calgary
- Wife is health care aide with AHS in Calgary for the last 5 years and not interested in giving it up

There is approx. 18 detachments within 45-60 minuets of Calgary so my thought process is that it wouldn't be unreasonable to request and get one of these spots. Curious if anyone is or has been in the same boat and can provide some insight and direction.

Thanks!

Dereck
Rookie Member
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:31 pm
Location: Nanaimo,BC

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Dereck » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:13 am

It’s been 2 weeks since my security clearance, I said that I need 1 weeks notice. I hope I get my phone call soon.

Good luck everyone
RCMP BC Applicant

Def. 2014
Def. 2016
Reinsertion 03/18
SP 03/18
RMAQ 05/18
PEP 07/18
PEP Rec 10/18
MED 11/18
MED Clear 01/19
SC 11/18
SC clear 04/19

Applicant2018
Rookie Member
Posts: 12
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 12:20 am

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Applicant2018 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:17 am

All the best Dereck. My security clearance was approved 2 weeks ago. I hope I get a call asap as well. I need 2 weeks before I dip.

Hang in tight mate.

User avatar
steen15
Regular Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:47 am
Location: Ottawa, Ontario

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby steen15 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:34 am

schaud403 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Evening folks,

My first time posting and had a general question. My search attempt was unsuccessful so apologies in advance for beating the dead horse on this subject :D

I'm interested in applying with the RCMP but struggle with the relocation piece. Fully understand that it is what it is but I'm curious to understand when and if the RCMP will consider certain exceptions and are recruits ever in a position to negotiate considering the force is looking to fill over 1,000 headcount over the next little while. My situation is this:

- Family of 5 (kids are 3, 9 and 11)
- Established for several years just outside Calgary
- Wife is health care aide with AHS in Calgary for the last 5 years and not interested in giving it up

There is approx. 18 detachments within 45-60 minuets of Calgary so my thought process is that it wouldn't be unreasonable to request and get one of these spots. Curious if anyone is or has been in the same boat and can provide some insight and direction.

Thanks!
I would say this, if you're not prepared to live anywhere in Canada in the service of the RCMP don't apply. It sounds harsh but what's worse is having someone apply, get accepted, take a spot in Depot and then quit after 17 weeks because they don't want to move their family to North Battleford.

schaud403
Rookie Member
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:01 pm
Location: Calgary, AB

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby schaud403 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am

steen15 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:34 am
schaud403 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Evening folks,

My first time posting and had a general question. My search attempt was unsuccessful so apologies in advance for beating the dead horse on this subject :D

I'm interested in applying with the RCMP but struggle with the relocation piece. Fully understand that it is what it is but I'm curious to understand when and if the RCMP will consider certain exceptions and are recruits ever in a position to negotiate considering the force is looking to fill over 1,000 headcount over the next little while. My situation is this:

- Family of 5 (kids are 3, 9 and 11)
- Established for several years just outside Calgary
- Wife is health care aide with AHS in Calgary for the last 5 years and not interested in giving it up

There is approx. 18 detachments within 45-60 minuets of Calgary so my thought process is that it wouldn't be unreasonable to request and get one of these spots. Curious if anyone is or has been in the same boat and can provide some insight and direction.

Thanks!
I would say this, if you're not prepared to live anywhere in Canada in the service of the RCMP don't apply. It sounds harsh but what's worse is having someone apply, get accepted, take a spot in Depot and then quit after 17 weeks because they don't want to move their family to North Battleford.
Appreciate the reply and yes I completely 100% agree with you however (IMO) it defeats the purpose of the force saying to applicants that if you live in any of the western provinces, you can stay in your home province and then provide us with your wish list of Top 30 locations and we will see what we can do for you but no guarantees.

It would be nice to know there is some flexibility and understanding. Why not compromise with candidates and expand your potential talent pool?

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:56 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby MichaelVAP » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:36 am

Hey guys,

Asking this question because I’m getting quite nervous haha. So I submitted my selection package in PDF format as requested. What I did was simply enter the original epost connect chat and then upload the documents 1 at a time as instructed. However I checked the chat and it hasn’t been opened or looked at since April 20th. The due date is April 30th 2019. Did I upload them correctly to the right location or did I mess up or am I just being paranoid? I swear I read the instructions up and down and couldn’t find a clear cut answer so I assumed I just had to upload them to the original epost connect chat.

Thanks in advance.
Ontario Applicant
March 9th 2019 - Applied online
April 2nd 2019 - RPAB (285 - passed)
April 16th 2019 - S/P received
April 19th 2019 - OLISS submitted
April 20th 2019 - S/P submitted

chmor
Regular Member
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:33 pm
Location: NCR

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby chmor » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:43 am

MichaelVAP wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:36 am
Hey guys,

Asking this question because I’m getting quite nervous haha. So I submitted my selection package in PDF format as requested. What I did was simply enter the original epost connect chat and then upload the documents 1 at a time as instructed. However I checked the chat and it hasn’t been opened or looked at since April 20th. The due date is April 30th 2019. Did I upload them correctly to the right location or did I mess up or am I just being paranoid? I swear I read the instructions up and down and couldn’t find a clear cut answer so I assumed I just had to upload them to the original epost connect chat.

Thanks in advance.
Thats exactly what you needed to do. After they recieved my SP, my FC said he has reviewed the documents and closed the chat.
ON App.
Deferred: June-18
Re-inserted: April-19
SP: April-19
Suitability: May-19

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7789
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:19 pm

steen15 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:34 am
schaud403 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Evening folks,

My first time posting and had a general question. My search attempt was unsuccessful so apologies in advance for beating the dead horse on this subject :D

I'm interested in applying with the RCMP but struggle with the relocation piece. Fully understand that it is what it is but I'm curious to understand when and if the RCMP will consider certain exceptions and are recruits ever in a position to negotiate considering the force is looking to fill over 1,000 headcount over the next little while. My situation is this:

- Family of 5 (kids are 3, 9 and 11)
- Established for several years just outside Calgary
- Wife is health care aide with AHS in Calgary for the last 5 years and not interested in giving it up

There is approx. 18 detachments within 45-60 minuets of Calgary so my thought process is that it wouldn't be unreasonable to request and get one of these spots. Curious if anyone is or has been in the same boat and can provide some insight and direction.

Thanks!
I would say this, if you're not prepared to live anywhere in Canada in the service of the RCMP don't apply. It sounds harsh but what's worse is having someone apply, get accepted, take a spot in Depot and then quit after 17 weeks because they don't want to move their family to North Battleford.
I HEARTILY second this.

Apply for Calgary PS, or Sheriffs.

Do NOT apply to us.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7789
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:29 pm

[quote=schaud403
Appreciate the reply and yes I completely 100% agree with you however (IMO) it defeats the purpose of the force saying to applicants that if you live in any of the western provinces, you can stay in your home province and then provide us with your wish list of Top 30 locations and we will see what we can do for you but no guarantees.

It would be nice to know there is some flexibility and understanding. Why not compromise with candidates and expand your potential talent pool?
[/quote]
See my post above.

It MAY change someday, and SOMEDAY The Force will probably evolve to Federal / National / International services only, with the various non-OPP / SQ Provincial Polices re-forming, but currently that IS what it is.

You MIGHT get lucky, but you also MIGHT NOT.

Yes, my wife and I HAD 5 kids, but we only met after I had just under 4 years of service, then married with just under 5 years of service. She is a Maple Creek cowgirl / Saskatchewan Roughrider chick, RN, baby-sat and partied with members, had 1 brother join between when I did and we met, had a 2nd brother join after we married, had one sister's husband join up after that, and then there is my middle knot-headed kid.

We bounced some, not as much as others, and I am a Cst-for-Life, due to many reasons, some self-inflicted. My kids (well, again, accept for 54266) turned out fairly well-adjusted, but transfers were not fun for all of them.

Scarlet tunics and riding lances are cool, and all that, but take a hard look in the mirror, and be real with you, your Commander-of-Life, and the heirs to your debt.

This Musical Ride is NOT for you.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

User avatar
Pete Broccolo
Moderator
Posts: 7789
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2001 1:01 am
Location: Weyburn SK Canada

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Pete Broccolo » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:37 pm

Remember, kids, do NOT high-five, or congratulate, me for those riding-lances I launched above.

To any shocked newcomers, I, and all the other experienced members hovering over this thread, would be WAY remiss if we did NOT give you a high-brown to the derriere when it comes to your hopes re winning the transfer lottery at ANY time in your POTENTIAL career with a bison-head-on-a-salad-platter tattooed onto your body.

Given my retired status, I can be a bit crankier than many, certainly, God love them, than Depot Web and the Regular Members on the various Recruiting Units - VanSmack is a special case.
#32936 - Cst - RCMP - 1975-10-27 / 2010-12-29
"F" Div - 1976-05-04 / end (GD & HP / RTS)
Proud Dad of #54266 - RCMP - 2007-02-12 / date
RCMP Vets Assoc - Regina Div member
MPPAC & NPF supporter
Husband, Dad, F-I-L, & Grampa

MichaelVAP
Rookie Member
Posts: 7
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:56 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby MichaelVAP » Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:37 pm

I can safely say I am more then happy to work anywhere within Canada. No kids, no significant other. Just myself ^_^. I would love to work anywhere for the RCMP and have no preference to location. That being said when the time comes to give your detachement preference I will ask for the hardest possible location. I find I learn fast under pressure and enjoy always being kept on my toes. But in the end just working for the RCMP is a privilege and I am more then happy to go anywhere for them, even outside of Canada :). Still working on my weight. Doing 2 hours daily of cardio at the gym (1 hour treadmill at 15 incline which is max at 2.0 speed + 1 hour elliptical with level 3 resistance). Going to increase soon as it’s getting easier

Anyone know the hardest detachments to join? (Not hard like Ontario, I mean hard like harsh conditions and strict)
Ontario Applicant
March 9th 2019 - Applied online
April 2nd 2019 - RPAB (285 - passed)
April 16th 2019 - S/P received
April 19th 2019 - OLISS submitted
April 20th 2019 - S/P submitted

User avatar
VanSmack
Moderator
Posts: 9965
Joined: Thu May 18, 2006 12:36 pm
Location: Sweeping the leg... At your mom’s house.

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby VanSmack » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:15 pm

Chronoclast17 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:13 am
Applicant2018 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:31 pm
End of summer? Ohh my days! I was thinking I would be in Depot for May or June. Security Clearance took about a month for me.
Unless an opening becomes available, troops are being filled for late July / early August as per last conversation with my FC a week ago. I'm also waiting on a troop offer (I requested a minimum of 30 days notice).
As with pretty much everything else in this process, just because someone told you something in relation to your particular application, it doesn't necessarily make it true for the guy next to you. People at the processing office you're dealing with may have loaded their allotment or spaces in upcoming troops until August, while other Coordinators may only be into the third week of May. There are an infinite number of moving parts behind the scenes.
When people get too chummy with me, I like to call them by the wrong name to let them know I don’t really care about them.

Craigeritz
Veteran Member
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:57 pm

Re: RCMP APPLICANT GENERAL CHIT CHAT

Postby Craigeritz » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:23 pm

schaud403 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 1:47 am
steen15 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:34 am
schaud403 wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:41 pm
Evening folks,

My first time posting and had a general question. My search attempt was unsuccessful so apologies in advance for beating the dead horse on this subject :D

I'm interested in applying with the RCMP but struggle with the relocation piece. Fully understand that it is what it is but I'm curious to understand when and if the RCMP will consider certain exceptions and are recruits ever in a position to negotiate considering the force is looking to fill over 1,000 headcount over the next little while. My situation is this:

- Family of 5 (kids are 3, 9 and 11)
- Established for several years just outside Calgary
- Wife is health care aide with AHS in Calgary for the last 5 years and not interested in giving it up

There is approx. 18 detachments within 45-60 minuets of Calgary so my thought process is that it wouldn't be unreasonable to request and get one of these spots. Curious if anyone is or has been in the same boat and can provide some insight and direction.

Thanks!
I would say this, if you're not prepared to live anywhere in Canada in the service of the RCMP don't apply. It sounds harsh but what's worse is having someone apply, get accepted, take a spot in Depot and then quit after 17 weeks because they don't want to move their family to North Battleford.
Appreciate the reply and yes I completely 100% agree with you however (IMO) it defeats the purpose of the force saying to applicants that if you live in any of the western provinces, you can stay in your home province and then provide us with your wish list of Top 30 locations and we will see what we can do for you but no guarantees.

It would be nice to know there is some flexibility and understanding. Why not compromise with candidates and expand your potential talent pool?

This is no longer a thing... they made that clear to cadets last summer/fall at depot. Odds of returning to your western home province are high but dont bank on it. I had buddies from Alberta land in sk and bc with Ontario guys landing in ab.... And your wish list is exactly that... a wish list. I put in many.. MANY detachments that pick up LOTS of recruits and I didnt get any. Some of my troop mates got postings from my list that weren't on their list. Just how she goes.
AB
PRK surgery: 8/11/2016
Online Application: 11/17/2016
SP: 1/13//2017
RMAQ: 8/28/2017
PEP: 1/09/2018
PEP review call: 1/17/18
PEP rec: 3/13/18
PSYCH: 3/19/18
MED: 4/6/18-- 6/11/18
BGI: 3/19/18
FSR: 4/9/2018- 6/4/18
SC: 6/4/18- --8/8/2018
Troop 16


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], jde29, SemrushBot and 17 guests